"Tête solide" ? a quoi ça sert vraiment!

DaiikoDaiiko Member Posts: 112
Bonjour a tous,

Je penssais que c'était la faute à pas de "Chance" mais ça devient trop critique de mon côté! J'ai une veste de Cogneur avec: Combi de protection (argent). Bonus de santé (or). Tête solide (or). Ça fait plusieurs mission que je me retrouve à être contusioner par un Thank, parce qu'il m'étourdis 4 attaques à la suite. Et il est dit que tu as "75% de résister à l'étourdissement" ? Il faut revoir vos pourcentages parce que la je ne comprends pas!

Comments

• bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,126
    50% stun resist really doesn't feel like 50, same story with 75 and I have to agree with you.

I'm hoping it's rng and there's nothing wrong with it.
    I've had instances when I got stunned with 75% 4 times in a row. Which feels like somethings off but I'm afraid it might be the case of how rng works.

I'm thinking stun resist should be increased with the current 75% cap to about 85%.
    ATLAS-Zpsychwolf
    What I mean with rng is that even you have 50/50 percent of something happening, it might not happen in your expected outcome/favor in a very very long time.

Ergo, with 50% stun resist, in theory you can get stunned even million times in a row becasue chanxe exists.
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 202
    I can see no reason why stun resistance should be capped at all. It's not like 100% SR would break the game, it would just allow you to execute your strategy as intended. RNG shouldn't even be a factor here.

The cap only serves to drag gold out of our pockets and blame it on bad luck since no amount of strategy in the world can account for continuous stuns.

You don't see a cap on the tanks stun resistance do you?
    bladgierRenopwnsJaden
    > @Mario_Romero said:
    > I can see no reason why stun resistance should be capped at all. It's not like 100% SR would break the game, it would just allow you to execute your strategy as intended. RNG shouldn't even be a factor here.
    >
    > The cap only serves to drag gold out of our pockets and blame it on bad luck since no amount of strategy in the world can account for continuous stuns.
    >
    > You don't see a cap on the tanks stun resistance do you?

Exaxlty, if the enemy tanks can't get stunned which is a common practice in various games and nothing wrong with that, there should be ways of gaining 100% stun resistance on our side which also is a common practice.

So my idea would be to give that opportunity to bruisers and assaults to be 100% stun resistant because they're bulky by either armor trait or survivor trait.
    Jaden
    @Fluxxx I know you're being tagged million times a day but if you could have a look at this thread and bring it up to the team, that would be awesome.
  • fretjefretje Member Posts: 119
    edited November 2019
    bladgier said:

What I mean with rng is that even you have 50/50 percent of something happening, it might not happen in your expected outcome/favor in a very very long time.

Ergo, with 50% stun resist, in theory you can get stunned even million times in a row becasue chanxe exists.

That's not how RNG (or chance) works... The higher the number of rolls, the more you get to the exact percentage. If we're talking about a true RNG (random number generator) that is, which I doubt they are using in this game.

Likewise, if you would roll a (6 sided) die a million times, each number will come up almost exactly one sixth of the time, or in your example, if you get hit a million times with 50% chance of stun resist, then you will resist that stun around half a million times, give or take a few. If that "few" gets above a certain percentage (I don't know the exact numbers), we're not talking about a "real RNG".
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,225
    I feel like SR was capped because of Outposts? Maybe?

PV(bot)P

Can't recall.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
  • RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 135
    ATLAS-Z said:

I feel like SR was capped because of Outposts? Maybe?

PV(bot)P

Can't recall.

Explain how whenever I raid an outpost where the enemy has Carl as the leader, his leader trait goes off EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I would have killed an enemy. Sometimes his trait will go off twice in a row.

There's nothing "random" about it, Carl's death resist works 100% of the time for enemy on outpost and it NEVER works for me, not in challenge or distance or anything. I would bet money that Eugene's stun resist leader trait would allow the enemy on outpost to resist stun every single time also.
    > @fretje said:
    > (Quote)
    > That's not how RNG (or chance) works... The higher the number of rolls, the more you get to the exact percentage. If we're talking about a true RNG (random number generator) that is, which I doubt they are using in this game.
    >
    > Likewise, if you would roll a (6 sided) die a million times, each number will come up almost exactly one sixth of the time, or in your example, if you get hit a million times with 50% chance of stun resist, then you will resist that stun around half a million times, give or take a few. If that "few" gets above a certain percentage (I don't know the exact numbers), we're not talking about a "real RNG".

I'm talking about rng as a chance.

Rolling that dice you've mentioned million times, you still have a chance of one number not showing even once, because there is a chance for that every time.

Each time that chance of one number not showing decreases but that doesn't mean it isn't possible for one to not appear.
  • fretjefretje Member Posts: 119
    edited November 2019
    bladgier said:

Rolling that dice you've mentioned million times, you still have a chance of one number not showing even once, because there is a chance for that every time.

There is a chance, yes, but there is also a chance that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare... that doesn't mean it can happen in this universe ;-)
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 202
    fretje said:

bladgier said:

There is a chance, yes, but there is also a chance that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare... that doesn't mean it can happen in this universe ;-)
    Actually, because these RNG rolls are not interdependent your chances of getting stunned are 50% whether it's your first roll or your one millionth.
    bladgier
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,596
    I have no proof but I believe there is a glitch which causes stun resist to not activate for a while mission, almost like it doesn’t load up properly. My partner actually logged a call about it a few weeks back with videos I think her record was 8 times with 75% stun resist, couldn’t do more than that or they would have struggled so had to kill the fatty. That happened 4 missions in a row. Restarted the game and it worked normally again.
    > @Mario_Romero said:
    > (Quote)
    > Actually, because these RNG rolls are not interdependent your chances of getting stunned are 50% whether it's your first roll or your one millionth.

Exaxlty, that's what I mean.
    5 in a row with gold stun, funny how after the struggle it manages to work again. Please ignore the rookie mistake which put Sasha into struggle.
  • DaiikoDaiiko Member Posts: 112
    > @Firekid said:
    > 5 in a row with gold stun, funny how after the struggle it manages to work again. Please ignore the rookie mistake which put Sasha into struggle.

Cest exactement ce qui m'arrive! Dans ce cas la a quoi sert d'avoir tête solide sur la veste A RIEN!!!!
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 299
    Y'all mofos are in danger of talking like me. Im shock the ng sycophants haven't insulted each and every one of you. Corporations are evil by nature, so the hysteria goes, but somehow ng would never lie or run a crooked table. Hell, I asked a simple question and their mouthpiece got back slapped for giving a complete bs copout answer. Great critical thinking skills on display there.

Look, we just need to fush this independent events nonsense down the terlet like the shirt that it is. All of these properties and traits create the laws of the universe in which this game exists. The combined success and failure rates are the only way we can validate the horseshirt NG expects us to swallow. In the aggregate, they must conform, plus or minus 3 standard deviations I do believe, or they are lies told to make you part with your money. When outliers become commonplace, you know you got a problem. Yet we are told, and most of the sheep believe, there is nothing to see.
    Firekidbigbeano
    And I wish I had a translation.
    Awesome rant @dlb! Keep up the good work ☺️
    bigbeano
    Well that is pretty good but I was talking about the OP.
  • RohlikzauchemRohlikzauchem Member Posts: 41
    If u let me step into this conversation. I believe players are indexed by NG based on how much gold/Real money they spent in last days, weeks, months, whatever time. That index drops periodicly when not spending enough. All RNGs in this game are dependant on this index which gives u better or worse chances.

Try to not spend a single gold piece for a week, u ll be seeing much less Razor, SR, dodge in play.

Try to spend over 2k gold, buy some boundles and big change will arive in the shape of better luck overall.
  • AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 199

If u let me step into this conversation. I believe players are indexed by NG based on how much gold/Real money they spent in last days, weeks, months, whatever time. That index drops periodicly when not spending enough. All RNGs in this game are dependant on this index which gives u better or worse chances.

Try to not spend a single gold piece for a week, u ll be seeing much less Razor, SR, dodge in play.

Try to spend over 2k gold, buy some boundles and big change will arive in the shape of better luck overall.

+1 Tinfoil Hat badge
  • RohlikzauchemRohlikzauchem Member Posts: 41
    edited November 2019
    I prefer armadillo hat over tinfoil one. Just like in Duke's Hazard movie
  • AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 199
    edited November 2019

I prefer armadillo hat over tinfoil one. Just like in Duke's Hazard movie

I don't remember much about that movie other than Jessica Simpson was in it, but if you want to make an Armadillo hat who am I to stop you.
    bigbeano