Ideas on how to improve Component Event?

The people in my guild are grumbling about how lame the current Component Event is. The consensus is the reduced Challenge Gas cost and the reduced healing times for the Halloween week made it a great weekend, but this was a special week. I think it would be great to keep this format for all future Component Events or add free badge swapping to the mix. Just an idea. What to you have for ideas to boost the Component Event?
SPC_TORRESJadenJenngbigbeanoxena6918

Comments

• fearofthedarkfearofthedark Member Posts: 36
    If it's going to be in 7 hours, give us 1 more day. Start the event on Thursday.
    TCBRITOJadenGovernatorJenng
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 299
    I dont know, maybe if the components would actually drop as advertised and the crap 1 and 2 star gear wouldn't far exceed the advertised drop rates, it might be a decent event. But that will never happen at a rigged table.
    psychwolfDrhooSPC_TORRES
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 659
    I believe it was changed back to 7 so it would be the same as the cinema ads, they thought we would like only having to log in once per 7 hrs.
    14 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 663
    Create tiers, like 5:1 to jump up one level and 100:1 to jump five, so 100 common comps gets you 1 legendary. Just making up numbers, can be higher/lower … just an idea to use up the lower end stuff
    GovernatorManselleJenng
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,797
    Deadheads said:

Create tiers, like 5:1 to jump up one level and 100:1 to jump five, so 100 common comps gets you 1 legendary. Just making up numbers, can be higher/lower … just an idea to use up the lower end stuff

This gave me an idea for improving the game. Build in a crafting table to create frags with components. Cash in components for points like this:
    1-star component = 1 point
    2-star component = 2 points
    3-star component = 4 points
    4-star component = 8 points
    5-star component = 16 points

Frag point cost:
    1-star frag = 5 points
    2-star frag = 10 points
    3-star frag = 20 points
    4-star frag = 40 points
    5-star frag = 80 points

Then, you can mix and match your components to craft the frags you want. It might need another crafting tab in the Craftsman building, but that would take care of all these useless component that pile up. I can also see using up some supplies like it is now to craft badges.

@Fluxxx, what do you think? Can this be passed along to the devs as an idea to improve the game? Anyone else have thoughts on this?
    SPC_TORRESJenngMudMoccasinxena6918
  • DrhooDrhoo Member Posts: 106
    Droprates of components are ridiculously low (legendary unexistant) only bundles????
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,328
    edited November 2019
    I think during component events fragment drop rates (all rarities) need to increase by about 25%

(Meaning, if you draw a component result, it's chance of being a Frag instead of normal component)

This would solve pretty much everything.

And it's simple @Shteevie @Fluxxx
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    Firekidpsychwolfmir
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 347
    So far in all the gold chests I've got one blue frag and the rest all xp. Beyond that every comp has been 1*.

Trading up 5 comps every 7 hours stinks. They should let us trade more at a time or more often.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,140
    @ATLAS-Z got to disagree on this one. It’s components I need pretty much 90% of the time. Also much easier to trade up for frags on a component event as get a chance of 2 per refresh. Only get a chance of 1 component every 7 hours.
    Just need to actually increase the chance of leg and epic components/frags during the event.
    edited November 2019
    @Firekid when you examine my statement, are you primary thinking of legendary components/frags?

Because that's not the focus of my statement. I'm talking all rarities.

Look at your 1-2-3 star components/frags and you're telling me you have too many frags?

Hard to believe buddy.
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    psychwolfFirekidJaden
  • AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2019
    It would be good if the drop rate for components actually was higher. I click on the info displays this weekend and the component rate look the same as always. Would also be good if the 4 ingredients had their events run in succession so we can save things up over the duration for use at the end.

And yeah if we can trade low rarity components up in greater numbers that would be awesome. I played Vikings War of Clans and in that game you can trade crafting components up a level whenever you liked, the trick was just to farm the components in the first place.
  • ManselleManselle Member Posts: 37
    I know, this one is off topic.. but, @Fluxxx could we run the free badge swap after the challenge? 😁😏
    GovernatorJenngJaden
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 191
    I got 2 epic components during the event from opening 17 gold chests. Since its mainly components in gold chests that are good I think the chances need to be increased more. Currently they are increased from 12% to 15% for component in gold chest. What about increasing them to 100%, after all it is a special event. And what about running it the whole week, not everyone are able to play in the weekends.
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
    @ATLAS-Z you are correct I was thinking about epic and leg, i complete disregard 1-3* stuff as useless so don’t care if I get thousands of them. Would love to be able to trade them up in greater numbers obviously.
    Jaden
  • LevLev Member Posts: 44
    I know legend frags/components are very hard to get (like 1 in a million, in post-mission crates) and very expensive to buy (2000g, 2500g in component shop).

I think it is not good to under-value the legend ones by decreasing the prices (even though, yes, I do really want them very much), but increasing the chances a little bit to get legend ones, especially in component events, is nice.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,023
    A badge swap would be nice to run alongside the entire challenge, rather than just Monday/Tuesday. Many of the players who have reset the distance 3-4 times will be unlocking Alpha this week and testing her out. It would be nice to be able to badge up some less favoured survivors since razor has become so dominant.
    FirekidJaden
    > @Firekid said:
    > @ATLAS-Z you are correct I was thinking about epic and leg, i complete disregard 1-3* stuff as useless so don’t care if I get thousands of them. Would love to be able to trade them up in greater numbers obviously.

and I agree but I think if they were going to do that they would have done it by now. They're obviously concerned about the economy as badges once you have them don't need to be replaced ever. But since most of us have an obscenely unbalanced number of components to fragment ratio in the lower 3 rarities it seems like it wouldn't be too much to ask to even out that ratio in the drop percentages? Yes?
    FirekidJaden
    Yeah, doesn’t hurt to use the tomatoes up every so often with a good clear out of 1*stuff.
    ATLAS-Z
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 299
    I actually have the opposite with blue and gold, not enough components. But the component event sucks nutsack.
    Kyrusbigbeano