No supplies in crates anymore! Why

Hi there,

during the last weekend event (Jackpot) I noticed that there are no supplies in the crates anymore.
Gold, silver or normal crate: Zero chance of supplies.
I thougt that would be limited to the Jackpot event but no: There are still no supplies in any of the crates.

Maybe it has a reason. But I can't see it since I can't buy supplies.
So please put them back into the crates. Don't forget the lower level players (I'm Council-Level 23).

Thank you!

Comments

  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,357
    Probably because supplies stop dropping after a certain level. With your round passes you have already surpassed that level.


    NGs response will be this in terms of you asking. You can buy gas for cheap and run unlimited scavenge missions plus we sell warm fuzzy supply bundles. At least was for me when I was leveling up still
  • AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 196
    @Kater_Carlo it depends on the mission type. The challenge missions gold boxes have 0% chance of supplies I believe, whereas it's very different in the scavenge missions.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,333
    Yup, don't use the challenge to gather tomatoes.

    The sole reason for tomato scavenge is for this purpose.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 85
    Tomatoes stop dropping from challenge crates from around RSL 22~23. If you wish to farm the challenge to earn tomatoes, just don't progress beyond that point, then do the catch up on the last day for stars. If you don't wish to do that, then just farm scavenge missions.
  • RohlikzauchemRohlikzauchem Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2019
    Thats pretty wrong attitude by NG. Since challenge game mode is only enjoyable game mode. I should be able to profit tomatoes from it. Just like it was b4 the HotFix(that became regular fix for more then year now). My wife did max PL in about year. I came back to this game at january this year at PL20, did PL63 last week. But if my math not wrong, it will need much more tomatoes from 63 to 72 then 1-63. I have 2 options now.
    1st: stuck at PL63, not doing scavenges, only enjoy challenges, leave game soon.
    2nd: do only scavenges, not enjoying game at all, leave game much sooner.

    Thats the POV of still progressing Player.

    Edit
    Solution: stop gathering supplies from chall crates at PL72, instead of at RSL 26
    magic
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065


    Solution: stop gathering supplies from chall crates at PL72, instead of at RSL 26

    I've suggested something similar several times. My idea was to stop getting tomatoes in crates when: max player level, tomatoes full.

    The answer was that people whould then keep full tomatoes on purpose to get different rewards (which I really don't think would happen - we have badges to craft, tomatoes to trade for gear, gold crates etc.).

    Maybe @Fluxxx could bring it up again?

    Not getting tomatoes anymore when still having stuff to upgrade is annoying - even for us "veterans" (whenever there is a council upgrade at least).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

    Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    magic
  • reekookrreekookr Member Posts: 161
    ATLAS-Z said:

    Yup, don't use the challenge to gather tomatoes.



    The sole reason for tomato scavenge is for this purpose.

    But why is there xp scavenge then? You get more xp from challenge..
    Refusing to support pay to win games.
    Strategy game where the best strategy is to buy shortcuts with real money
  • RohlikzauchemRohlikzauchem Member Posts: 19
    Just to add to my comment. I would like to buy second morgan stick and kingdom spear. But guess what, wont do it till im at some reasonable point of progression. That means lvl25 toons for me. I have been able to keep reinforcementing only my 4 weapons from lvl20 up to now(22) for free. Not going to invest more into low level weapons when they gonna cost me double or triple the original cost($$) in the future.
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 591


    Solution: stop gathering supplies from chall crates at PL72, instead of at RSL 26

    Currently we can only filter challenge rewards by mission level, rather than player/council level.
    I think this this has strong connections with the issue of being maxed out on tomatoes (thread), so I'll try to push for a solution that can address both - hopefully for the upcoming update - this isn't a promise, but I'll try hard to make this happen!
    Jaden
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 191
    Yes, this has to be addressed. Farming scavenger mission is boring. The game needs a better way to get tomatoes.

    Solution: stop gathering supplies from chall crates at PL72, instead of at RSL 26

    Is a good solution, and there are plenty of other solutions in the forum:

    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/40721/tomato-monday-getting-tomatoes-from-scrapping-gear

    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/37732/scavenge-reward-crates

    And maybe the best solution, new scavenger game modes:
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/40897/endless-mode-new-game-mode-as-scavenge-alternative
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
  • RohlikzauchemRohlikzauchem Member Posts: 19
    > @Fluxxx said:
    > (Quote)
    > Currently we can only filter challenge rewards by mission level, rather than player/council level.
    > I think this this has strong connections with the issue of being maxed out on tomatoes (thread), so I'll try to push for a solution that can address both - hopefully for the upcoming update - this isn't a promise, but I'll try hard to make this happen!

    I believe you had implemented ingame coding that allowed you to control droprates based on Player Level. Such as No Green Items after certain Player level in gold postmission crates. I bet you can use this one to adapt for supplies.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,333
    Question, have you guys maxed your farm plots to 11 as number 1 priority?

    If not you should.

    When I was leveling that's what I did.

    My Junior account is level 65 and I've never farmed tomatoes a single day.

    Junior has all maxed farm plots and earns 576,000 tomatoes a day.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 191
    I assure you I have maxed all my farm plots more than half a year ago. 576k tomatoes each day is nice, but with only those tomatoes, upgrading council, training ground and workshop once would take 3 months.
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
    mihaitopirceanu
  • RohlikzauchemRohlikzauchem Member Posts: 19
    Ofc i do. About PL55(cca), you are forced to max upgrade almost every building to be able to upgrade council. But, till this point, you are not doing many challange missions at rsl26+. So you are not prevented from supplies by playing challenge.
  • RohlikzauchemRohlikzauchem Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2019
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > Question, have you guys maxed your farm plots to 11 as number 1 priority?
    >
    > If not you should.
    >
    > When I was leveling that's what I did.
    >
    > My Junior account is level 65 and I've never farmed tomatoes a single day.
    >
    > Junior has all maxed farm plots and earns 576,000 tomatoes a day.

    Lets do some math. Im at 4 plots only, 432k/day. Council upgrade 22 cost is 15M. That mean more then 30 days to collect supplies. Its one building. Doing training grounds, workshop only will cost cca 30M, which is another 60 days. I can earn about 1M-2M per week to not loose my mind doing scavenges. Approx 40k suplies per mission, it take ~50 missions for that 2M goal. 90 days = 12+ weeks = 12-24M supplies = 24-48 days of gathering tomatoes from plots only.

    Summary : 45M supplies take me less then 2 months of intense playing.

    Scavenging can be done only after completing distance due to better rewards per gas. Thats one and a half of the day scavenging per week. Plus those 50 scavenges are not real since 50x5 = 250 gas = 41,6 hours, cant be done in day and a half.

    Edit: with this speed it will take me about 2 more years to max my PL, which is going to be extended by atlest 3 per this period. Making it impossible to obtain max PL and still enjoying the game, nor spend any money for equipment (more equip = more Reinforcement Tokens needed, actual free Tokens are just enough to upgrade 4 pieces per leveling cycle)
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,023
    edited November 2019
    Beef up scout Glenn and kit out your guys with training gear. Small thing, I know, but they soon add up and at least you can get supplies in the challenge for a while longer.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,151
    And obviously don’t do the master missions as you’ll be missing out on 5 missions of crates.
  • RohlikzauchemRohlikzauchem Member Posts: 19
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > Beef up scout Glenn and kit out your guys with training gear. Small thing, I know, but they soon add up and at least you can get supplies in the challenge for a while longer.

    This method adds about 200k supp per whole challenge(per week). As well as grinding this method in lower Distance missions doing 100 kills adds about 15k per mission, doing it for about 7 missions per week is not gamebreaking either. Plus its super annoying killing 700 Zs at mondey.
  • reekookrreekookr Member Posts: 161
    Since the start of the fall challenge ive made 54 out of 61 million tomatoes (my goal) for completely free 2 play. Not saying this makes any kind of sense to grind, but im not allegic to work towards my goals. Thats 21 days and 54 million, can be done
    Refusing to support pay to win games.
    Strategy game where the best strategy is to buy shortcuts with real money
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 191
    Definitely can be done, I am making about 3 mill tomatoes on a good day from farming tomatoes. Using glenn lead with hunter maggie with training gear or governor on any mission, but I really wish there were a better way to earn those tomatoes.
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,333
    edited November 2019
    > @Rohlikzauchem said:
    > > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > > Question, have you guys maxed your farm plots to 11 as number 1 priority?
    > >
    > > If not you should.
    > >
    > > When I was leveling that's what I did.
    > >
    > > My Junior account is level 65 and I've never farmed tomatoes a single day.
    > >
    > > Junior has all maxed farm plots and earns 576,000 tomatoes a day.
    >
    > Lets do some math. Im at 4 plots only, 432k/day. Council upgrade 22 cost is 15M. That mean more then 30 days to collect supplies. Its one building. Doing training grounds, workshop only will cost cca 30M, which is another 60 days. I can earn about 1M-2M per week to not loose my mind doing scavenges. Approx 40k suplies per mission, it take ~50 missions for that 2M goal. 90 days = 12+ weeks = 12-24M supplies = 24-48 days of gathering tomatoes from plots only.
    >
    > Summary : 45M supplies take me less then 2 months of intense playing.
    >
    > Scavenging can be done only after completing distance due to better rewards per gas. Thats one and a half of the day scavenging per week. Plus those 50 scavenges are not real since 50x5 = 250 gas = 41,6 hours, cant be done in day and a half.
    >
    > Edit: with this speed it will take me about 2 more years to max my PL, which is going to be extended by atlest 3 per this period. Making it impossible to obtain max PL and still enjoying the game, nor spend any money for equipment (more equip = more Reinforcement Tokens needed, actual free Tokens are just enough to upgrade 4 pieces per leveling cycle)

    Bro, I'm not going to read all that, no offense, but I'm pretty sure I've heard your exact argument before. to reach maximum level which is the ultimate goal you have to upgrade every single building to its maximum so you might as well upgrade the tomato plots first that way they're working for you while you upgrade the rest of the buildings.

    See? Math made easy!
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
Sign In or Register to comment.