RIP Guild Wars

It is never coming back 😓
RenopwnsbigbeanoMFJigsawShadowWalkerTCBRITO

Comments

• tabernactabernac Member Posts: 770
    Spill the beans, @teabagteabagbagrot... What do you know? Who you been talkin' to?
    JenngbigbeanoJaden
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,075
    It was a fun ride while it lasted but it’s gone for good. RIP Guild Wars.
    RenopwnsbigbeanoMFJigsawTCBRITO
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,202
    NG has a lot bigger problems such as their stock falling below a dollar.

@ATLAS-Z if not mistaken you was one that argued with me and told me their stock was steady and was okay?

When a stock dips below 1- then it becomes at risk of not being traded.

What NG has obviously failed to do was several things:

Keep a fan base on flagship to generate enough sales for future success

Develop games outside flagship that earn money

Develop flagship game to where it draws new players and maintains current.

Everything I said over a year ago is holding true and even more so today then when I said it. I pointed to PerBlue as a gaming company that was much more advance then NG ever dreamed of. I suggested that they look at where that company failed. But it’s obvious not the case. Ironically PerBlue was able to dip out and sell at a moments notice for 37m but left the stores open till the day it shut down servers for ever.

NG if not careful will fail and I don’t expect anyone to notify us the servers will be shutdown. But reviewing stock makes me extremely nervous. Time will tell
    MFJigsawpsychwolf
  • MFJigsawMFJigsaw Member Posts: 93
    For the record, heard all this for over 200 days now

No offense meant Fluxxx, you must be the 3rd community manager to tell us information will "come soon" and "top priority" etc

Not enough carrots on that stick for me.....

Just empty words to keep us interested.....

I got a full Guild needs some motivation......

You got another mode planned or something good to look forward to?? Give us a taster........

"Soon" doesnt mean anything after 220 odd days.

Is there not a single person that can release a more positive statement or even point blank say "its gone, we working on a new mode"?

Every press release and statement is about Our World and Stranger Things, and Blade Runner...

Do we not deserve a bit of honesty or even a teaser?? "Soon" was Spring, Summer and Autumn... What now?

I do actually appreciate the Community AND the staff..... But sheet mane, even Razor for Ranged would reinvigorate this stale but tasty cracker lol

No beef Fluxxx you doing what u can
    Game over
    RenopwnsTroublemakermaku11
    Looking at their stocks and where their financial portfolio shows me NML isn’t a priority. It hasn’t been in a while, but like most gaming companies they diss their flagship and attempt other games.

Only company I can think of that has successful down this is Bungie with Destiny,
    MFJigsawpsychwolf
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 314
    Interesting. $14.6137 on 2017-09-15... $0.792 today.

I wonder what prompted the decline in early 2018? Employee shares selloff, maybe?
    Renopwns
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,248
    "Soon" after 200 days is a very good summary of the situation.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    RenopwnsMFJigsawDrhoo
    @ATLAS-Z

I’m not that major of a nerd but I know games for PS4 or XBOX can have massive lifespans due to updates.

Phone games can as well, simple games like candy crush has lasted years.

Parallel Kingdom made it 7 years? But that failed not due to game but by greedy company.

Pocket Empires?(think that’s game) inspired parallel kingdom and is still around today.

Is NML finally dying? Is it saveable? Is it too much linked to a dying show? Is it possible to sustain the game without the show?

Idk, I just know NG is struggling badly
    Renopwns
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,818
    There's actually nothing in that post I disagree with.

All good questions.

Right now, I plan on hanging around to find out.

For now ;-)
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 770
    Personally I'm not a huge fan of Guild Wars but I realize that it's good for the game. They've already put a ton of time into developing GW, so my feeling is that it's unlikely that they're just going to let that work go fallow. They have said that it is and continues to be a priority. They've been pretty clear in the past when things have fallen off the priority list... (I'm lookin' at you, Outpost). Time will tell!
    JenngJadenbigbeanopsychwolf
  • UrbanjesusUrbanjesus Member Posts: 110
    Just saying we really need GW to save us from the grind. If NG is expecting new games (like stranger things and blade runner?! Wtf?) to revive their company, they're dead wrong.

NML has merit, but if it's just an endless grind of old maps and new benchwarmer heroes (Alpha is an utter disappointment), the playership will continue to drop.
    bigbeanoRenopwns
    ^ exactly
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,851

As a veteran player and time traveler, I can say that I'll be playing NML and the newly-relaunched Guild Wars for several months right up until that 47km-wide, iron-nickle asteroid slams into the Earth 97.6 miles off the east coast of Madagascar. Enjoy! :sunglasses:

...and when it's supposed to hit us that asteroids? .. you know i would like to fix some things in my rodent life... :)
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    JenngGovernatorbigbeanoCarolewifae
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 513
    capibara said:

As a veteran player and time traveler, I can say that I'll be playing NML and the newly-relaunched Guild Wars for several months right up until that 47km-wide, iron-nickle asteroid slams into the Earth 97.6 miles off the east coast of Madagascar. Enjoy! :sunglasses:

...and when it's supposed to hit us that asteroids? .. you know i would like to fix some things in my rodent life... :)
    yeah me too...need to see if I can sell my funeral package..won't need that hahahaha
    13 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

GovernatorbigbeanoJenng
  • Bobbi27Bobbi27 Member Posts: 1
    When does the winter update usually come out? We have a great guild that’s active but only crickets in the chatter. Guild wars gets everyone pumped up. If it doesn’t come back i think many will just quit playing.
    maku11
  • Gobold69Gobold69 Member Posts: 81
    capibara said:

soon.......l. Lol
  • OvergrowdaworldOvergrowdaworld Member Posts: 441
    It better come back! That was the only thing keeping the endgamers in our guild playing and buying weapons and armor.
    bigbeanomaku11Salty2Renopwns
  • DrUnpleasantDrUnpleasant Member Posts: 567
    Aye, no GW, no more NML for me. I'm already fighting with myself over it's space in my free time and my challenge scores are starting to drop off for the first time. Giving it until Xmas.
    Renopwns
  • RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 133
    Yeah @Fluxxx promised us news about GW, promised us GW in the winter update, and yet here were are at the end of November with nothing but empty hopes of a feature "coming soon" that we'll never get to enjoy again.

Have fun missing out on my money Next Games, I HIGHLY doubt I'm the only player that's gonna leave if there's no GW by 2020.
    maku11