Planned -1 event superpowers?

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,611
    @Grinch I believe you meant to tag me....
    It I just disagree it’s a massive FU. Most people will still get all the rewards they normally would but have been slightly inconvenienced. They are even running an enhanced challenge to make up for gas lost. @Drunken enhanced challenge is usually reduced gas and only hero tokens from token crates.
    Renopwns
  • GrinchGrinch Member Posts: 166
    Firekid said:

It I just disagree it’s a massive FU. Most people will still get all the rewards they normally would but have been slightly inconvenienced. They are even running an enhanced challenge to make up for gas lost. @Drunken enhanced challenge is usually reduced gas and only hero tokens from token crates.

That won’t replace epic and legendary components and epic frags... plus all the hero tokens. I paid 400 gold for a chance, not a rigged, intentionally handicapped version.
    ZetteRenopwnsNezomaku11
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,594
    @Firekid

Enhanced isn’t what it used to be 🤣🤣. Remember the old radio event? The one where if you nerd raged all day you could score 800 radios?

The new radio event in enhanced! Where you might get 50 radios all weekend.

So enhanced I didn’t know what it means compared to what it meant a year ago vs 2

So actually now I’m a little more upset with enhanced...

Btw I think Fluxxx was referring to me threatening not to pay anymore cause I stated that 🤣.
    Troublemaker
    @Grinch i don’t believe you won’t be able to beat the distance now. You score 2100+ on the challenge you can do it! Believe in yourself!
    NezoWellyLugamaku11
    edited November 2019
    @Drunken you’re speaking to a fanboy of the new more frequent radio event I’m afraid! Sorry. And it’s easily 6-700 radios in a weekend not 50....
    Anyway, I think we will have to agree to disagree here!
  • WhoareyouWhoareyou Member Posts: 79
    Thanks to the do good are who reported this you have now stuff my second run of the distance with 4 missions to go now don’t have charged shooters

You preach fairness in the game But you’re willing to screw One lot of players over For another is that fair so your not going to refund my 400 gold that I spend money to get give a free rest of the distance as you advertised something then change your mind or it didn’t work how you wanted
    Make it fair for everyone not just one lot of players
    Killingtime 
    Nezo
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,594
    @Firekid

Sorry I haven’t ever seen that luck since they rolled it out last year next radio event I’ll document radios from missions vs missions played.

NG reminds me a lot of the US government. Anytime they do something that’s for the betterment of the people, it’s really a ploy to screw them 🤣.

I could give a lot of examples but I’m being nice 🥰😘😍
    Renopwns
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 83
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > Oh and for anyone who disagrees that it was a "bug"
    >
    > Your wrong.
    >
    > This is how it's supposed to work:
    >
    > Move = 1 action point
    > Double move = 2 action points
    > Attack/Charge Attack = 1 action point
    >
    > Because a shooter hasn't "finished" his charge attack doesn't mean he should get an extra action point (and thus the ability to make a whole new attack) just because he got recharged in the middle of his own charge attack.
    >
    > Bug
    >
    > Period

No. It's you, who is wrong.

Charge Attack is for free.

Period.
    ShadowWalkerRenopwns
  • WhoareyouWhoareyou Member Posts: 79
    I don't get why they couldn't just run this event to the Start of the challenge post a in game message in advance to say the event was going to be changed at the start of the challenge easy
    Doing it this way just screwed over majority of players to look after the minority then they wonder why player leave the game
    Killingtime 
    fretjemaku11
  • KriegKrieg Member Posts: 266
    > @Grinch said:
    > @Fluxxx all these shooters were fully charged in distance run... now they have all lost a charge point and need one each. My distance run is compromised due to your solution. How are you going to fix this?

I am in the same boat. Reset the distance, got halfway through the reset then the plug got pulled on all my shooters. If I hadn’t paid for the reset I wouldn’t have cared.
    Elder LegionOfDoom
    @Grinch sounds like a challenge. I’ll happily have 1 charge point on my shooters at level what 15,16 of the distance this week. Just to make it fair. Hell I only charge 3 of them most weeks anyway.
    Maybe NG could have announced in game that there was a sure fire way of completing the distance to their entire player base, it could of actually been a great money spinner as people more people may have reset where they wouldn’t have before. Did they? No. Are they going to do anything? Charged shooters and enhanced challenge. Ok. Will they make mistakes again? Probably.
    Are you going to huff and puff some more? Who knows! It’s a game, lets move on.
    CarolFreakHouseBurmeliinis
  • GkingsGkings Member Posts: 33

It's a little disingenuous to call this a "bug," it was working exactly how you should expect it to. It's actually possible to get an extra charged attack with a shooter with 2 charge points, granted you don't get infinite critical attacks but this should've been foreseen. The bigger problem isn't that the change was made, but that players should've been told ahead of time and given an opportunity to complete the Distance under the conditions that were advertised.

THANK YOU !
    CarolFreakHouse
  • GkingsGkings Member Posts: 33
    ATLAS-Z said:

Oh and for anyone who disagrees that it was a "bug"

Your wrong.

This is how it's supposed to work:

Move = 1 action point

Double move = 2 action points

Attack/Charge Attack = 1 action point

Because a shooter hasn't "finished" his charge attack doesn't mean he should get an extra action point (and thus the ability to make a whole new attack) just because he got recharged in the middle of his own charge attack.

Bug

Period

Always worked like that since new Rick exists. Many times I get to shoot 3 times within a turn with my shooter.
    CarolFreakHouse
  • echonapechonap Member Posts: 29
    I don't understand why they couldn't remove shooters from being fully charged with one kill, but leave their current charges as-is. Then it can't be abused further, but those who started the distance won't be at a disadvantage.

(Speaking as someone who has never cleared hard distance and didn't get a chance to abuse this bug when it was available)
    makkinenCarolFreakHouse
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,267
    They should allow us to stun tank walkers again. Loved that hiccup a few years ago.
    CarolFreakHouse
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,249
    edited November 2019
    @dalmer

@Gkings

@ShadowWalker

Free yes. Not disputing that. But there is no way scout Rick was ever intended to Grant you extra action points. Charge points yes, action points no.

Just because it "always was that way" doesn't mean it wasn't a bug. It always has been broken, but it rarely was so advantageous that it was likely never a priority to fix.

Until they ran this event and then... Oh shit, forgot about that...

Now they HAVE to fix it if they want to run this event again.

Edit to add for @ShadowWalker

Both Michonne and Haggie say plainly in their leader traits that they can allow you to regain am action point. Rick does not.

Edit to add again

None of this means I'm defending them in anyway and I do think that they handled this poorly as I stated on my first post on the previous page

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    makkinenCarolFreakHouseBurmeliinis
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 413
    > @makkinen said:

> I see paying as either a shortcut, or a tip...after all I've over 1k hours (per game centre) on my phone alone...so the odd purchase makes sense (and I get a cool weapon) to say thanks and keep development moving.
    Dude, seriously, how did u find out how many hours u've played? Is that in Google play? Would be awesome to see how many hours I've played!
    makkinen
  • makkinenmakkinen Member Posts: 29
    edited November 2019
    > @Zette said:
    > > @makkinen said:
    >
    > > I see paying as either a shortcut, or a tip...after all I've over 1k hours (per game centre) on my phone alone...so the odd purchase makes sense (and I get a cool weapon) to say thanks and keep development moving.
    > Dude, seriously, how did u find out how many hours u've played? Is that in Google play? Would be awesome to see how many hours I've played!
    >

Android - Turn on Game Centre feature, the thing that bundles your games into a special icon...its gives.some stats etc

Sadly only for this device, and not historic...only since using the Game Centre

Please forgive the appearance of CodyCross ;)
    Zette
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 413
    @makkinen that's awesome and thanks for responding but it must only be certain devices. I use Android but it doesn't look like urs. That would be an awesome feature if the game could actually display hours played no matter what device used.
    makkinen
  • CarolFreakHouseCarolFreakHouse Member Posts: 10
    Yes bug are not fun. Time wasted is not fun. But Its. Just. A. Game.
    J_Lawimnfiction
  • AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 199
    edited November 2019
    Missing a bug doesn't always mean lack of testing, plenty of players didn't think of this bug on their own either. Refusing to address a known bug would be far more reprehensible, and plenty of other games companies do that.
    J_Lawmaku11
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,267
    You all have been making my day so exciting. Love these reads. This is some juicy stuff. Continue!
    Burmeliinis
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 639
    edited November 2019
    @ATLAS-Z

They aren't gaining the action point from Rick though. They're gaining the action point from their second charge attack, which is a critical hit followed by another action point which can be a movement or attack.

You can get a second charge with Rick and another scout if swift strike activates, however you won't be able to loop it if they were -1 because the scout charge attack is just one attack. This is why I say it's not a bug. The abilities are interacting with each other as you would expect them to in this situation.

I brought up Michonne, Haggie, and Daryl to point out other ways that you can charge up again. So if NG wants to say that you are really only suppose to be able to use 1 charge attack per turn, then they will have to "fix" those LT as well. However, I don't think combining leader and weapon traits together to make powerful combos is a bug, I think that's called strategy.

Ultimately I guess this isn't really an issue anymore because I doubt we will see -1 shooters again.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,249
    edited November 2019
    > @ShadowWalker said:
    > @ATLAS-Z
    >
    > They aren't gaining the action point from Rick though. They're gaining the action point from their second charge attack, which is a critical hit followed by another action point which can be a movement or attack.
    >

I've thought this over and I've decided that we are both wrong

I think @dalmer said it right. The shooter charge attack shouldn't be looked at as 2 attacks, but rather a free attack. So as far as the action points are concerned, it's as if no attack was made and no action points used. So the shooter can still take his two action points as normal.

So it's not "gaining" an action point... it's just not using one.

In that case it IS working as intended, so my apologies for my error.

As such, I think the proper fix @Vane is simply only to allow one "free" attack per survivor turn?

(Michonne and Maggie leader traits as well as Swift strike trait are all examples of regaining action points)

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    SPC_TORRESBurmeliinis
This discussion has been closed.