Alpha reactions

I feel like alpha is utter garbage. Another benchwarmer hunter to keep Maggie and Dwight company.

I'd love to be corrected though, anyone found a use for her?
MudMoccasinADPaq

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,061
    Ok so I know a fair few people must have her legendary/pink stars by now. Has anyone tested her out? I’ve recently got her legendary and tried her out a fair bit. I can honestly say I have not noticed any difference in the amount of bodyshots my range teams are getting with gold piercing on their weapon. Compared to how often my melee team get no bodyshots with razer there is no comparison. Are we sure it’s working?
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 358
    I got a crit hit with a Flare Gun that doesn't have piercing so it is indeed working. However, it seems that sometimes I don't get a movement after getting a body shot, not sure why...
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065
    I rerolled her to have sure shot on one account. Noticed an increas in crits.

However, I more often get bodyshots and get to move after that, which I also really appreciate. Good to be able to shoot at a target without moving, then being able to move away if that didn't result in a crit.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Jenng
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,963
    I'm finding it hard to make the transition back to using ranged. I would label myself quite the competitive player so I need what is the best all the time. At the moment it just isn't enough to bring ranged up to scratch with melee, the charge point event we have now could be something made permanent IMO.
    psychwolfJadenShadowWalker
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,331
    Useless. Haven't touched her, never will.
    MudMoccasinMFJigsawADPaq
    @ShadowWalker thanks, although was hoping that wasn’t the case and she was broken as I’m quite disappointed so far.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,314
    She's a lot of fun to play.

And that's it.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • scoonersscooners Member Posts: 63
    Too many other mouths to feed with limited funds and resources. Will be a long time before I get to starring her up and purchasing new equipment that wont get me much further.
    MFJigsaw
    I think the problem is that Piercing still needs a boost as well. Right now I have her LT at lv 5, which is +15% so with gold piercing a ranged team is at 45% non body shot chance. Melee already starts off with that anyway, so all she really offers at the moment is +20% critical damage and an extra movement that doesn't even work sometimes.

Gold Piercing 40%
    Silver 30%
    Bronze 20%

If NG doesn't want to directly boost piercing, then I have suggested adding reduced chance of body shots to other traits such as Sure Shot and/or Vigilant. Ideally it would be great if they did both, imagine a lv 6 Alpha, gold piercing at 40% and SS with +10-15%, that would be a 70% chance of a non body shot.

NG could also just boost Alpha's LT, but I am not in favor of that because then range will be too dependent on Alpha. I suppose that would still be better than what we currently have though.
    TroublemakerTCBRITOMFJigsaw
    @ShadowWalker are you finding that you are getting as many non bodyshots with alpha in lead as you go with razer?
    I haven't kept track, but it feels the same as Razor. I have gotten quite a bit of critical hits since I pair her with OG Daryl. Perhaps I'll record how many body shots I get tomorrow.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,136
    edited November 2019
    I don't know but the list of Missions I'd never use ranged on is long, even with Alpha.

And every mission in this challenge set would be near the top of that list. (Except arguably BBQ)

Good set to run during Alpha star hero time... Not.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    WellyLuga
    @Firekid I just did a scavenge mission with Alpha, OG Daryl, and OG Maggie. I was able to tally 101 hits.

53 Body Shots = 52.5%
    48 Non-body shots = 47.5%

40 of 48 non body shots were critical so about 83%

A few times I attacked multiple walkers and I couldn't tell if some hits were a body shot or regular hit. I ignored those, but the percentages seem to be around razor.
    @ShadowWalker great work and thanks for taking the time to do that! Ok, so ok going to have to have a play with her earlier on in the challenge Next week and see if can get some better results. I really really want her to be good!
  • Austin_ShiongAustin_Shiong Member Posts: 22
    In high RSL, the biggest probiem for ranged is that they can't produce enough damage to kill targets so that they couldn't earn charge points to make a charge attack, and their attacks increase threat also. IMO Alpha is fun to use but doesn't change the condition of ranged a lot.

Besides what about making the elite stars a factor that can reduce the limit of the chance of body shot? For example each elite star can reduce it by 3%, so the max chance for a five-pinked character to make a body shot would be 85%, how's that? @Fluxxx
    MFJigsaw
  • DeadkillerDeadkiller Member Posts: 82
    Currently using her with devil torch. With her being star hero this week it helps to give a boost with tough walkers. Basically hit & run then take down following turn.
    MudMoccasin
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 169
    They need to improve ranged survivors in general. Right now, there's almost no reason to use ranged against high level walkers (except late distance missions when you have to kill 20 high level walkers with stun-charge-repeat tactic). They simply don't do enough damage and generating threat is killing you at some point because it makes a big difference if there're 3-4 (or even more) more walkers to kill.
    MFJigsawAchillesV