- For one hour every six, a PVP button appears on the Outpost tab, next to the Raid button.
- Clicking PVP performs matchmaking with the same basic algorithm used today to pick an outpost to raid, BUT it only picks from folks who are waiting on matchmaking.
- Once match is made, the app randomizes who will be 'hosting': whose outpost is defending.
- The attacker's perspective is essentially unchanged at this point. Turns, move, attack, etc.
- The defender's perspective is net-new code: On defender's turn, they have full options, including
- Simply taking good positions and staying on Overwatch.
- Opening a door themselves.
- Killing Zs to gain charge points.
- Attacking the attacker's nerds.
- To mitigate either player being a dick, each turn has its own time limit (unlike a whole raid having a time limit).
- The Zs behave as normal, attacking whomever triggers them.