PvP Outpost

1. For one hour every six, a PVP button appears on the Outpost tab, next to the Raid button.
  2. Clicking PVP performs matchmaking with the same basic algorithm used today to pick an outpost to raid, BUT it only picks from folks who are waiting on matchmaking.
  3. Once match is made, the app randomizes who will be 'hosting': whose outpost is defending.
  4. The attacker's perspective is essentially unchanged at this point. Turns, move, attack, etc.
  5. The defender's perspective is net-new code: On defender's turn, they have full options, including
    1. Simply taking good positions and staying on Overwatch.
    2. Opening a door themselves.
    3. Killing Zs to gain charge points.
    4. Attacking the attacker's nerds.
  6. To mitigate either player being a dick, each turn has its own time limit (unlike a whole raid having a time limit).
  7. The Zs behave as normal, attacking whomever triggers them.
Thoughts?
RenopwnspsychwolfDanski_46ATLAS-ZFirekidmir

Comments

• RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 135
    Sounds fun, I'd love something like this. I'm sure NG has other priorities first unfortunately, but we definitely need more in-game player interaction.
  • TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 379
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 484
    One-time bump to try to garner more up votes and, hopefully, @Fluxxx attention. (At least drop it onto the backlog, with the other items under the "Fix Outpost" epic. :wink: )
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,884
    edited December 2019
    I'd like to see something done work Outposts, to be sure. I think many would.

I think a simple solution could be something like this:

- right now, I think you can't get attacked (usually) if your logged into the game, but maybe change this to the following...
    - if a player is online when his Outposts is attacked, a pop-up shows up on his screen, giving them the the option to "jump in" and take control of his defenders.
    - in all other aspects, the match plays out the same as it does now. The attacker can choose to flee.
    - once the battle is concluded, the defender is returned to whatever he was doing prior to the "jump in"

That's just off the cuff, I'm not sure it's the answer. But lots of room for improvement in the Outposts.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    bigbeano
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 829
    Yeah, for now we can't think about outpost yet. But either way, real-time PvP is not really possible in NML. The game came out many years ago and the adding PvP code to it is risk, very uncertain and would be extremely time consuming :/
    bigbeanoFirekidATLAS-ZTroublemakerSarge_
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,378
    JSS but thanks for being frank @Fluxxx
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,884
    I'm not sad there's never gonna be any real time PVP... Definitely NOT my jam.

People get tired of waiting on me to play Scrabble, so they dig out the timer. Then I quit. Lol.

All peachy over here :smiley:

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"