Update 1.4 - Feedback & Discussion thread

Comments

• VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    Love the new UI for movement (quick v runner).
    Overall this upgrade looks pretty sweet
    jureforjustice
  • AnghildAnghild Member Posts: 2
    Love what you've done with the guild leaderboards and the game in general. Having it only count the last 14 days means guilds can really compete for top spots, as opposed to being on top only cause you've been here since week one.

Awesome job guys, keep up the amazing work.
    jureforjustice
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    First off, thx much for the update and all the work you're putting into this!

A few notes from my side:
    - I LOVE replaying the old episodes -> would like further replay on 'Very Hard' or 'Deadly
    - I LOVE having guild rankings (even when they are still empty here... ;)
    - I'm not a fan of how the challenge/ranking are tied into the menu, it is confusing
    -> I would like to see this all in one place, easily switching between the windows
    - I'm not exactly a fan of the many, many UI changes, why do you keep changing the colors everywhere in every update? UI guys have too little work otherwise? ;)
    Collecting Food and Exp is very (very!) flashy now, but that is really not needed.
    - anxious to try the 'Burning Forest' challenge, hopefully it doesn't encourage us further to favor Hunters
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • GendorGendor Member Posts: 9
    The latest patch looks good in the visual department, but I really don't like how flashy it gets when you get XP and Supplies, it feels like you're trying to flash a shiny key to a baby.
    I do like the fact that you can re-do old missions for extra XP and supplies.

Can't find any more things that are new.
  • felixofelixo Member Posts: 1
    "Coming soon:
    • Episode 12
    • Outposts (beta)"
    Outposts what ? Player vs. Player mode ?
  • DigitalbudDigitalbud Member Posts: 45
    much improved gameplay experience. running much smoother and small changes are nice! very small upgrades to camp tho, hopefully that will be something more focal in the next update. overall, well done! keep up the good work!
    CONQUER!!!
  • piepsilonpiepsilon Member Posts: 36
    The pros:
    I like the re-do missions in harder mode.
    I like the new visual aspect of guild (can you bring back the player level on the avatar?).
    I like the guild High score system on only 14 days. (could be extend up to 28 days without problem for me)

The cons:
    I don't like the bling of farm, tents and roaming walker. Bring it closer to what it was.
    The challenge icon is in the way and the informations inside is display in the guild section. So it is useless. Can you remove it?

Thanks for the update.
    Barlou
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    I also don't like the new animation for collecting.
    The smoothness of char moving is awesome.
    Noticed that hunters can now shoot through some objects they had to get line of sight for before, ie: the tree on SWAT by armored walkers, and I believe around some corner borders.
    The gold color of need stars for rewards on the bar graph should be changed, but the new screen layouts are pretty nice besides needing to be gotten used to.
    And the gold reward for completing story was a nice surprise :)
  • SdotSdot Member Posts: 33
    +1
    WastelandDan
  • ConnConn Member Posts: 138
    I fully agree with @WastelandDan.
    We had many great suggestions, but currently i feel like not much has been done with it. What i hope is that our previous suggestions are noted and will come in updates in the NEAR future. It is understandable that not all of our suggestions would be in this update, but currently it seems that none of our suggestions are.

Also on a side note: Will there be more bundles available after the big radio bundle has dissapeared due to time. (17-18 hours)
    Groupme Info:
    Name: Ralph (Conn)
    Email: [email protected]
    WastelandDan
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    General impressions:
    Looks better, moves more smoothly. I'd not noticed the vegetation moving with a breeze before!
    Bad idea on increasing weapon power-up times. It's a bit like hearing Abba singing 'Smoke on The Water' ie pointless!
    Overall 6/10 - lose 3 points for losing 5 sec weapon upgrade (9/10 otherwise.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873

This sucks! Cant play. Game says update to google play but google play doesnt have the update yet. What now? Just comment on this thread? *sigh* nothing else to do..

I got my update through Google Play......
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    NICE! These new improvements and visual updates look very sleek! (The previous looked very dull...)

I love the redo old missions!! SO NICE!
  • MirzaMirza Member Posts: 133
    edited December 2015
    Generally, i like the update. I don't like much shiny effect while collecting food/xp. Leaderboards are kind of a mess right now but i am sure you will fix it soon enough :)

One more thing, i had to restart a phone and after that the update finally showed up on google play. So if you have problem with update, try restarting your phone.
    edited December 2015
    Yes, just received rewards from guild. I am level 35 but received really useless gear which i had to scrap right away. Those rewards definitely needs to be tied to your level.
    WastelandDan
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Things I like so far:
    Fullscreen for globe/guild interface is nice.
    More achievements!
    Hard mode/replay value!
    Additional upgrade level.
    Guild leaderboards.

Things I think still need improvement:
    The new animations for collecting resources are definitely distracting. I see what you were going for, but the 'noise' should be reduced. Not back to the single icon as they were before... But right now it's just too much.
    The new challenge button(the one above the map button) with the personal star scores should be integrated into the globe button.
    The list of guildmates in both the globe and the new challenge button is redundant.
    "Guild" tab has a LOT of wasted space.
    The green "CHALLENGE" button is redundant(the one on the guild tab).
    I don't understand the scores only being for 14 days. It should either be only the current week, or it should be all time earned. Or maybe two tabs, one for the current week, and one for all time.
    In game chat still limited only to in guild.
    Friends interface is still just for show.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Thanks for all the feedback guys, both positive and negative. Keep it coming. :+1:
    TK-421jureforjustice
  • RickGrimesRickGrimes Member Posts: 210
    Guild high scores must be bugged still, says my guild is #1 then there's a 1.4k gap to #2, no way this is accurate. Hoping to see a fix soon!
    The one and only, RickGrimes
    ✯ Former Leader of RickRollers Community ✯
  • kapaootweetskapaootweets Member Posts: 64
    Also agree with @WastelandDan i was expecting a bit more after all the feedbacks from the forum (chat improvement, guild rewards improvement).
    Thank you for the guild leaderboard, the main thing i like in this update :)
    More than 200 No Man's Land walkthrough videos HERE on my Youtube Channel
    WastelandDan
  • BarlouBarlou Member Posts: 50
    yup so agree with what @WastelandDan said..

I'm thinking to buy a bundle when waiting for current update but i change my mind since the update is so slow.. and i'm getting boring of waiting for gas..
    Member of DEAD ANGELS Guild
    WastelandDan
  • DaFae86DaFae86 Member Posts: 5
    I do not understand how the leader board gets calculated. How is it possible that the first place in the global leader board have less stars then the first place in the local board?

edited December 2015
    @DaFae86
    Those leaderboards are not calculated right, at the moment. For instance, my guild ZombieShot made almost 5000 stars in last 2 weeks but we are not on the list. We see ourselves as first when we are in game... probably as everyone else.
  • ConnConn Member Posts: 138
    Yeah leaderboards are broken. We've made over 8000 in the past two weeks! Im sure it Will be fixed soon.
    Groupme Info:
    Name: Ralph (Conn)
  • MorganMorgan Member Posts: 191
    Anyone know which mission the fire walkers are in?
    IGN: Morgan
    Currently Top 16 Globally and #2 in Canada

Need a guild? Click here to check us out!!!
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Haven't played EP11 yet, but I saw them state that the new challenge maps are called the burning forest. I'd assume the burning walkers are there.
    Morgan
This discussion has been closed.