Fix distance gate opening

Hey,

Just throwing out this amazing idea to fix that distance bug when I open a a gate and the gate opener gets into struggle that other survivors can continue where he left, not returning back to the start.
I just hate losing gas because of that and thats annoying!!
magicFirekidATLAS-ZRenopwnsBuckzz

Comments

• AlexFiliUKAlexFiliUK Member Posts: 165
    Yeah, the gate opening gets reset if a survivor goes into the struggle mode which is frustrating.
    ShayHaRenopwns
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 319
    I'd like to know if this is going to be fixed anytime soon pleae
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 497
    Working as designed. It's a balance/gameplay choice on their part.
    If you want a sense of verisimilitude, think of it like picking a lock: If you start, spend a few minutes, then drop your lockpicks, it's not like someone else can resume. Torsion bar is released; shifted tumblers drop back into place; back to square one.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,755
    @Artminius i can see where you are coming from but then it doesn’t make sense that if you flee that the timer is at the same point or even having an open gate where it wasn’t before. I also don’t see it as lock picking. More struggling to open against rusted hinges or it’s overgrown etc.
    ShadowWalker
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 497
    I didn't notice the bit about Distance. My bad. Yeah, I guess that's inconsistent.
    If you know a struggle is coming, flee and choose the door opener to take out...? Same net outcome (unless you think you would save them, of course).

In general, it's just a Game Rule. Change it and other emergent outcomes crop up (like everyone goes slightly further in challenge). Maybe fine; maybe not.

I still like the idea of a Gatecrasher Trait: -1 turn to interact with objects that require 2+ turns to complete. Would be awesome on a Scout!
    ShadowWalkerAchillesV