Post legendary gold crates from event here.

13»

Comments

• ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 507
    edited December 2019
    I forget exactly how many more missions I did last night, but it was at least 10. Only 1 more gold crate appeared for me... in the last 3 boxes.

So I've done more than 40 missions, 12 gold crates (opened 8), spent 50 gold, and I got 2 weapons. If I had spent another 100 gold I might have gotten another legendary gear, but for that I should just spend 11000 TG in the trade shop for my choice of legendary gear.

Either the odds should be improved for this event, or it should be combined with Jackpot (and we can have different types of Jackpot weeks). Otherwise I would prefer this as a Mon/Tues event.

Here is another idea, if NG really wants to spice this event up, they could add in a small chance of special functionality weapons.

Any thoughts on that @Fluxxx?

Maybe weapons have a 10% chance of being a special weapon. That would hardly be game breaking, considering the chance of finding a legendary weapon is only about 10% for this event, so only 1% of all gold crates will be a special weapon. Even with those crappy odds, I would probably spend gold to open the last boxes, and even buy a gas booster (which I have never done), just to try to hunt down a special weapon.

Keep in mind the traits will be random, so even if we get a special weapon it still might end up being garbage. They also don't even have to be the best weapons. Maybe weapons that we have gotten for free from past events, such as the Spear Gun, RPG, The Reckonin', maybe throw in one good one like a Staff.
    GradyJenng
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 195
    Haven't played much this weekend.
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,615
    I'm getting a whole lot of pretty level 27 one and two star gear.

Mmmmm so yummy.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]l.com"
    Pandreq
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,651
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 528
    The first decent scout weapon with razor so far in this post. Wow lucky @zbot
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 948
    @Troublemaker, I agree that it's the worst event, I do think this with jackpot will be good because nearly always on jackpot you get epic gear in gold crates.
    ShadowWalkerTroublemakerMFJigsaw
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,651
  • RiotGearFredRiotGearFred Member Posts: 2
    I've been grinding tomatoes using the free gas while watching football. Maybe 300 missions? I got two armors - one of which I immediately scrapped and one was fine. Yee-haw?
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,138
    edited December 2019
    This is why this event is absolute garbage. Top picture was taken pre event, bottom was during. Odds from epic shifted to supplies/XP and the chances for legendary gear was actually reduced. Good job NG...

Danski_46fearofthedarkPandreqMFJigsaw
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 117
    WellyLuga said:

This is why this event is absolute garbage. Top picture was taken pre event, bottom was during. Odds from epic shifted to supplies/XP and the chances for legendary gear was actually reduced. Good job NG...

Actually I think you mixed up the source of those crates. If you compare Challenge mission crate vs Challenge mission crate from the same RSL, the odds of Epic and Legendary equipements do get combined. It is likely you took the top photo from a Challenge mission, and the bottom photo from a Scavenge Supplies mission.
    magic
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 87
    I played over 500 crate missions after cashing in my gift. I got 2 weapons, neither of which good enough to upgrade. Total BS event based on my results.
    MFJigsaw
  • fearofthedarkfearofthedark Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2019
    I got 5 leg crates, 3 leg crates were in the last 3 boxes which I didn't open.

• FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 719
    edited December 2019
    Thanks for the feedback guys, many good ideas here which we'll take note of for sure so we'll look to improve it the next time it comes around.

WellyLuga said:

This is not the case, I think those are screenshots from different modes right? The chances of Legendary gear were merged with the Epic gear.
    Troublemaker
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,288
    @Fluxxx what this event should have been was an improved gold rush and included this. All gear from gold crates will be legendary with a weapon chance of 12.5% and an armour chance of 10%. Chance of gold from gold tickets increased 2% - 10.5% (taking from XP odds) and amount increased from 10-20 to 15-25.
    Only legendary components in gold crates (odds remain the same).
    Chances of gold tickets appearing increased (unknown odds at the moment but by at least 5-10%) and a reduced cost of opening the gold crates to 15 (as per jackpot events).
    This would get people excited and guarantee boosters were bought.

That would mean that you still have a 50% chance of XP In a gold crate but if it’s not XP it will be something decent.
    ShadowWalkerAchillesV
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 382
    Only 2 pieces of gear, both scrapped, the rest was all xp.
    WellyLuga
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,138
    edited December 2019
    @Fluxxx @Grady One was indeed from challenge pre event and the 2nd was supplies during. My mistake. All that being said, without a significant buff I'd rather not see this event again. The odds of actually getting a gold crate after a mission is quite low, then you've got to hope that it's in the first 6 opens (assuming you have free unlocks) so that you don't have to spend gold. After all of that the chance of it not having one of the many bad traits is so low that it meant that I didn't get a single piece of usable gear despite playing to RSL46 in the challenge and farming over 20m supplies...
    Danski_46TCBRITOGrady
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 117
    WellyLuga said:

@Fluxxx @Grady One was indeed from challenge pre event and the 2nd was supplies during. My mistake. All that being said, without a significant buff I'd rather not see this event again. The odds of actually getting a gold crate after a mission is quite low, then you've got to hope that it's in the first 6 opens (assuming you have free unlocks) so that you don't have to spend gold. After all of that the chance of it not having one of the many bad traits is so low that it meant that I didn't get a single piece of usable gear despite playing to RSL46 in the challenge and farming over 20m supplies...

Yeah, this event is useless. The Jackpot event with the 5% chance at 9 gold crates gives overall higher chance of getting legendary weapons, as well as better other rewards overall.

To give the Golden Arsenal event a fighting chance, one or several of the following will help:
    1. Small chance of a special named weapon e.g. Daryl's Crossbow
    2. Small chance of rolling a trait from another class weapon (e.g. swift strike on warrior weapon)
    3. Guaranteed popular weapon traits (e.g. Golden Threat Reduction on Scout weapon, Golden Wide Spread on Assault weapon, Golden Wide Arc on Warrior weapon)
    4. Guaranteed disappearance of unpopular traits (e.g. Training Gear / Bullet Proof / Silenced)
    Danski_46magicShadowWalker