Blood and ice feedback

Comments

• avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,129
    > @Superhero said:
    > I´d wish there would be a better contrast. You can´t see anything in the snow if it comes to the range of your weapons.
    >
    > Aside that, I´m already struggeling at level 33 on the frozen gate. No luck so far to make 3 stars :|

What I did

mack22Danski_46PandreqPic
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,235
    avelardez said:

> @Superhero said:

> I´d wish there would be a better contrast. You can´t see anything in the snow if it comes to the range of your weapons.

>

> Aside that, I´m already struggeling at level 33 on the frozen gate. No luck so far to make 3 stars :|

What I did

You're playing Chess, and I'm playing Checkers.

I love to see videos like this for strategy.
    See you SOON?

avelardezSuperheroSCBMAJenng
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 390
    Lol @ATLAS-Z

I will say I agree with him in terms of trying to get feedback on a NEW map set, but doing charged scouts??? People are going to love it this round, but when it comes back around, it’s a whole other story. Should’ve done something other then the most OP charge
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 409
    It is alot of strategy with some luck on spawns for certain maps. I have bought only Daryl's life morgans spear and alphas shotgun. The staff was that 3 weapon bundle. And one of the bundles came with the armor. The events do give great free weapons when the gold can easily be collected for distance resets. I got to play a 43 last week and it was so mu ch fun. With new updates I dont need to buy gas anymore either. Thank you for everything everyone including @JayZ @RINO4739 @capibara @crambert_nec and many more
    Danski_46capibara
  • SuperheroSuperhero Member Posts: 71
    JayZ said:

Badges can all be obtained through the Distance

Yes...for everyone that is able to beat the distance. I´m trying hard since it was impemented. Got the blue components twice.

It´s always easy to tell that everybody is able to have the same results, if you are the guy, who is having the results.

I have all the weapons, you anounced, but I´m chewing stones in this f***ing challenge and these weapons won´t guide me through the distance to get these components, regardless how many times I watch the videos.

So...no badges for me. And also no 6 DR badge positions in my list. Switching doesn´t worked for me and now my components are finished.

No double pinks stars, no level 27 survivors...nothing.

Right now I´m hardly pissed with this game. Collected 40 reroll tokens finally to get revenge on a assult to be able to make the frozen gate. Guess what? I had to other bullshit traits to choose from. I´ll try again in about 4 weeks when I´m back to the 40 token. Won´t help me this challenge...

ShadowWalker
    Pandreq said:

Did you read the info in the link embedded in @JayZ ’s last post?

Sure. It´s bookmarked and I read a lot in there. And I put an awesome under that. But it´s really annoying to get told by all the elite players how to do it, if the have totally overpowered and rerolled slaughter-machines there.

As I wrote...I try to finish the distance since the beginning, I watch the videos before I go to a mission and I never ever did it to the end. So there are no badges to me. My guildmates get badges with 29% DR...I don´t know how.
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 664
    I struggled on the distance for ages even with maxed out heros. The light clicked on when I first watched Cramberts You Tube videos he has for every one of the 6 sets. Not onlly videos but he does text over to guide you though each map. Then I started watching Jay Z's videos which are more melee orientated than Cramberts, with these two tools the distance has been relatively easy. So check out You Tube.
    14 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

mack22TCBRITOfretje
    Billbam said:

I struggled on the distance for ages even with maxed out heros. The light clicked on when I first watched Cramberts You Tube videos he has for every one of the 6 sets. Not onlly videos but he does text over to guide you though each map. Then I started watching Jay Z's videos which are more melee orientated than Cramberts, with these two tools the distance has been relatively easy. So check out You Tube.

I already do every week, but no success.
    edited December 2019
    Well in a game that allows you to buy stuff expect those that pay for extra weapon and Bundles to always be ahead. It may be unfair but you pay for what you get. Not sure if you all remember Amayzan aka Zayn. He was from Forsaken then went to DTP and figured out the low level survivor use and free healing using level 6/7 scouts to play. And crushed the game with the wrestler trait. Made NG change the game and nerf interrupt and many purchased items. Now that guy made this game change it process. Found them repeatable maps and helped me to learn from him and many others and I found some repeatable maps that no one knew about. So all this to say that the game evolves.

I can give you my account to play on and you may not be able to complete the distance or play at my level even with my fighters. It takes time and skill that is developed over time. Not saying you don’t have it but saying the tactics may be hindering the process. the distance is easier because I have invested my money in bundles and weapons to maximize my game play. Is it wrong for me to do that? To each their own opinion. But the game developer allow it so it’s fair. If players are F2P then expect minimum process because without paying advancement is minimal. Drop some cash on a few bundles and you will explode in progress.

I learned a lot from watching Teriminites videos on her high level walk throughs and that how I figured out how to advance. She beat the distance and posted after the first in been beating ever one since it came out.
    xbamfxDanski_46
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,154
    @Superhero hard distance is hard and yes gear really helps! Make sure you get enough tokens for The festive Lucille as that weapon will help you immeasurably. I also used to struggle on the distance and it’s the the more times you can beat it and the more components you can because of it the easier it gets. Are you in a guild family? Have you been given advice about what are good traits/gear to have etc? Can you film your distance attempts and get advice from someone?
    Firekid said:

Are you in a guild family? Have you been given advice about what are good traits/gear to have etc? Can you film your distance attempts and get advice from someone?

Yes, I´m part of the Sisters Family and getting lots of advice from really good players, but if the answer is, that I have to reroll several traits on survivors and heros, to success, it´s not a big help as it takes me about 3-4 weeks to get the tokens together, to reroll just one trait. And guess what...it comes to the desired traits not often. And sure I could film my attempts, but one the one hand, the walkers don´t apear on the same spaces next time and on the other hand there are six different mapsets.

At the challenges I made a good progress over the last weeks, but the distance isn´t beatable to me at all. I reach the blue fragments, but almost never the components.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,154
    Well your in a good guild and sounds like your getting better all the time! You’ll get to a point where you can’t believe you found the distance hard at some point and it’s a great feeling! Keep at it and may the RNG gods be forever in your favour!
    Superhero
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,334
    > @Firekid said:
    Have you been given advice about what are good traits/gear to have etc?

> @Superhero said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I have to reroll several traits on survivors and heros, to success, it´s not a big help as it takes me about 3-4 weeks to get the tokens together, to reroll just one trait. And guess what...it comes to the desired traits not often.

I've been beating hard distance every week since it first released years ago, and my survivors were... what? Level 20?

And guess what? There was no trait rerolling back then. That's a pretty recent addition.

Point being, you are making excuses for your own failure and poor gameplay and lashing out at others who don't deserve it.

That sounds harsh, and I'm sorry for that, but if you want to improve your gameplay, step one is for you to adopt a positive attitude and accept that you can do it.

((Side Note - I have zero doubt that @JayZ could beat the Distance with your survivors exactly as they are right now, without any additional investment. Many players could, myself included. You can too.))
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    tabernacFirekidSuperheroTCBRITO
    edited December 2019
    ATLAS-Z said:

I've been beating hard distance every week since it first released years ago, and my survivors were... what? Level 20?

Over all I´d like to apologize if someone felt critisized. That wasn´t my attention at all.

I´m thankful for every help and for @JayZ s effort specific.

And yes, I had a bad day, when I was opening this thread and replied to some comments.

But its frustrating to stumble into a challenge where you get 300 less stars as the week before. Just because you´re missing some specified traits because you had no luck after collecting 40 tokens to reroll a trait and get dirt out of it.

Again...sorry for the direct expression of my current mood.

BUT...I´d love to see some videos how someone beat the distance with level 20 surves... :o
    TWDaddictionATLAS-Z
    > @Superhero said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > BUT...I´d love to see some videos how someone beat the distance with level 20 surves... :o

To be fair back then wrestler trait was OP and OHKO'd everything. Then they nerfed wrestler... But after a brief mourning period, we put our big boy pants on and figured out how to beat it without wrestler.

It involved a WHOLE lot of Sasha and pawn sacrificing.
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    BEATING THE DISTANCE - Helpful things you should know

All survivors have some use in the Distance

DISTANCE PHASE #1 - Charge up all your best survivors in the early easy stages, including as many assaults and Bruisers as you can manage.

DISTANCE PHASE #2 - Push as far as you can without losing and survivors, if you get to a point where it's "dangerous" move on to phase #3

DISTANCE PHASE #3 - This is the point at which is to difficult to best a stage/mission in one go, either because enemy strength or high spawn numbers

To defeat the Distance, I need to help you guys with phase #3
    Some important rules to remember...

1) Any enemies that start on the field (NOT INCLUDING NEW SPAWNS) can be killed and they will NOT be on the field if you FLEE and return to the mission.

2) Primary goal at this point is to identify those on the field and take out as many as you can and then FLEE, sacrifice one survivor

3) Because of this, in PHASE #3 you always need to bring one survivor that can be canned. 2 stronger survivors and expendable pawn (we call them pawns)

4) Since you will likely using your charge attacks, at some point you will need Sasha leader (or Riot gear Glenn) to enter a mission attempting to "recharge" ...so Sasha/Strong survivor/Pawn

5) Rinse repeat until all STARTING enemies are dead

6) Gates/Fences/Doors... Any rounds spent opening these will count when you leave and return. So a 10-rounds gate that you spent 4-rounds opening before you FLEE/Die will only require 6-rounds when you return

7) Fire and Kiting, some missions you will need to burn stronger enemies and play cat n mouse.
    (Distance #2, for example, mission 19 I think features x3 fatties with 200,000+ hit points each. One round of burn damage does +20,000 damage to them)

8 ) Proper sacrifice of one survivor can save the others. When a survivor goes down, all walkers near him will run to feast... Use this to your advantage in tough situations, drawing enemies away and buying you time

9) reference videos for tough missions, just to get the layout and spawn patterns before you go in. Going in to a mission prepared gives you a much better chance at avoiding disaster.

10) End stage distance missions require patience, dash of luck, and skill... Running in half-cocked-guns-blazing 100% guarantees you will fail.

11) PAWNS - I don't upgrade pawns, for one main reason.
    If you run out of pawns to sacrifice, you can scrap them and summon a new pawn 😈😈😈
    ...Using 1-radio calls
    ToniStoraroSuperhero
    Endgamers don't need the strategy above, were too strong and can beat the distance easily with or without Sasha.

But if you're struggling, follow it like your own personal Distance Bible.
    edited December 2019
    Here some video of tactics I use. Oh and of course I have weapons bundles and I invest $$$ in my heroes. Only way you going to get that high as the DoomSlayer. All have invested so no one can say they have not. Well the high level players.

SPC_TORRESJenngscoonersmack22
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,375
    Sometimes missions don’t come down to survivors and gear. Sometimes it’s pure luck... like dodging a level 50 walker attack that would have been instant-struggle and getting every stun/charge you were praying for.

My channel has other videos for RSL47-50 if it helps.
    Danski_46Pic
  • RealClareBRealClareB Member Posts: 147
    Agree that the visibility needs fixing, but besides that I’ve enjoyed it.

My previous max was late 1400s, but I’ve just hit 1600 on this challenge.
    PandreqZetteJenng