Silence sniper rifle. Extended range.

Sounds like a good idea to get ranged on board. Have a silienced sniper rifle and let it have unlimited range. Just give it like 15 spaces or something. That is of course as long as nothing is in the way. This to me would be a sick idea. I love the shotgun and this sniper rifle with unlimited range would be sweet addition. Chime in folks. @ATLAS-Z @capibara @Fluxxx @Billbam
ATLAS-ZcapibaraShadowWalkerDanski_46

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,884
    edited November 2019
    Why not?

Hunters range was nerfed a long while back because they were overpowered compared to the other classes.

These days are gone, so I say yes.

Of course, this might mean enemy snipers could also...

Hmmm...

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 829
    Yeah I would tread carefully with "unlimited range", especially when GW comes out. Enemy survivors could be able to shoot yours no matter how far away you stand.
    ShadowWalkerbigbeanoDanski_46imacharlie
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,157
    Yep! Makes sense to improve ranged survivors. :)
    ..but also I've been thinking a lot about the idea of hunters nerfed or assaults etc...but has a lot to do with the tv concept imo. In the WD show they actually try to use more melee weapons than guns because of the threat involved with ranged weapons..so makes sense we should try to play too more melee than ranged
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    imacharlie
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 560
    I would say make the weapon have a longer range than shooter weapon then. Still make it silienced of course. It's a weapon bonus not class bonus so it shouldn't effect enemies/saviors. The extended range would give bullet dodge more value for GW?
    ShadowWalker
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 571
    > @Fluxxx said:
    > Yeah I would tread carefully with "unlimited range", especially when GW comes out. Enemy survivors could be able to shoot yours no matter how far away you stand.

Hey all is fair in love and war...

Maybe unlimited range (or built in gold high powered at least) but it can only hit one target, and charged attacks only costs only 2 charge points?
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 484
    I don't know what devices on which y'all play, but "unlimited range" would still only be maybe 10-12 squares. The UI doesn't allow you to scroll while dragging to target (right? I don't have the super-pistol). So range is limited to display width.
    ShadowWalker
    I would say make it 10 or so squares then. Would it be nice to have an interrupt hero?
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 858
    I love the idea of the silenced sniper rifle, and if it was a one kill shot enough power to take down a fairly high level tank while charged. It would definintely we a specialty weapons but I have a feeling all ranged will be that way. The unlimited range sounds good if it is a one shot otherwise gold or gold plus 1 space would be good for multi hit kills. Hunters definitely need a winter bow equivalent, the only way ranged will be used higher up is with no threat reduction.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & 6DR Transition Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 858
    psychwolf said:

Ranged is and will always be useless unless there are serious changes. Is anyone using ranged this challenge? I sure as hell am not.

Very true with out charged assault for SWAT about the only ranged use is a shooter on BBQ to draw in some tanks. I dont see any hope of an all ranged team being useful high up, the best we can hope for is solid mixed teams where the ranged member is not a liability once it uses its charge.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & 6DR Transition Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

psychwolf
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,457
    A rifle that hit 1 target with a guaranteed X5000 your level would be legendary! So the soon to be 30 level weapon hit 150k on charge, with a base for non charge attacks.

Game code is fairly simple in NML, some suggestions are extremely complexed, I don’t think something like this would be too difficult, but would require a lot of code for the different levels of the weapon.
  • makkinenmakkinen Member Posts: 29
    edited November 2019
    Great thread - Perhaps the unlimited range/x5k x level snipers's payoff could be any shot takes 2AP, after all sniping on the run makes no sense....but the charged shot should pop anything that moves with one headshot....afterall Z heads are made of butter on the TV Show
    rogueDS
    I would love an in game community vote where they give choices for 3 weapons and we choose
    makkinen
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 438
    I nominate this piece of equipment (only give it an INSANELY HUGE scope like the Terminus Rifle) to possess such a trait and FOR PITY'S SAKE please put it in the next Sasha Bundle!!!!!: