Filter Badges by Trait/Hero Teammate/Teammate Class dependence

Any chance this can be included in the next update? The ability to filter badges that have increased Damage+/Health+/Chance+/Armor+ based on Hero (show small icon of their face) team mate , Teammate class, or Trait dependence would prove super convenient. Just my $0.02

magic

Comments

• MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 538
    edited January 2020
    Better yet, somehow allow us to change the set or slot position as well!!!!!!
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 319
    I still prefer to be able to get my badge data to excel some how
    MudMoccasinArtminius
  • NovellNovell Member Posts: 157
    edited December 2019
    ShayHa said:

An export to excel would be awesome!

@Fluxxx : Pls indroduce the option to scrap a worthless badge directly after crafting (like the equipment in mission grates).

Thx!!!
    Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY
    Novell said:

ShayHa said:

An export to excel would be awesome!

@Fluxxx : Pls indroduce the option to scrap a worthless badge directly after crafting (like the equipment in mission grates).

Thx!!!
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41084/extract-data-from-game#latest
    Still waiting for an answer
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 993
    Could you clarify a little bit on what you mean? As in filter badges based on their specific bonuses? If that's the case, I'm not sure if that'll be happening at all (at least not in the near future). If there's a big need for that, we might reevalute, but currently, after the badge filtering system and working on badge management from the survivor screen, I don't see this coming into the game.

Regarding the option to extract game.. that's a bit more complicated territory and is even less likely 😬sorry!
    ShayHa
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 493
    Fluxxx said:

Regarding the option to extract game [data?].. that's a bit more complicated territory and is even less likely 😬sorry! [ed: bold by me]

Code-wise, it's really no different than the queries that populate the survivor or crafting badge tabs, just looping through each survivor (by key ID, probably). It would take a button on the Badges tab, and it could take a moment or two and therefore require a "Please Wait" pop-up. Then, of course, the hand-off of the generated file to the OS file system. Definite code to test and tweak; but nothing major like changes that require media assets.

So is there something... else... that is demotivating the feature? It's not 'secret' info; and the output table (CSV file) needn't reveal anything other than the badges' characteristics. SO I doubt that someone is going to, say, learn Trade Secrets about your database structure by reverse-engineering it.

But OMG, it would save me hours every reset; and probably make my net benefits from my limited set of quality badges far better overall. PLUS, I'd probably end up scrapping several 'pre-upgrade' badges that are of lesser effect and utility... which means less data in your database(s), faster-running queries, and lower-bandwidth use returning those queries' info!
    See if your backlog grooming folks like the sound of THAT. :wink:
    ShayHaBurmeliinis
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,416
    edited January 2020
    I just made my own charts

I think Excel type programs are Overkill too be honest. (At least for this purpose)

Ten tables, 1 offense and 1 defense for each of the five sets, each table 3x2 for the position.

You fill them out once, now, with your best badges. No need to record lower level scrap. Then you update them as you go.

I even go a step further and note after each entry who holds the badge (if any)

It takes a bit of investment time to start but saves you loads of time in the future.

@ShayHa @Artminius @Novell

I use Google drive docs, accessible from any device I use.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    ATLAS-Z said:

I just made my own charts

I think Excel type programs are Overkill too be honest. (At least for this purpose)

Ten tables, 1 offense and 1 defense for each of the five sets, each table 3x2 for the position.

You fill them out once, now, with your best badges. No need to record lower level scrap. Then you update them as you go.

I even go a step further and note after each entry who holds the badge (if any)

It takes a bit of investment time to start but saves you loads of time in the future.

@ShayHa @Artminius @Novell

I use Google drive docs, accessible from any device I use.

I dont have 10 tables, I only use one with basic info about my epic/legend badges and who wears them.
    Filtering it is much easier. I just hate that I have to update every single row when changing badge or wearing a new one.
    Fluxxx said:

Could you clarify a little bit on what you mean? As in filter badges based on their specific bonuses? If that's the case, I'm not sure if that'll be happening at all (at least not in the near future). If there's a big need for that, we might reevalute, but currently, after the badge filtering system and working on badge management from the survivor screen, I don't see this coming into the game.

Regarding the option to extract game.. that's a bit more complicated territory and is even less likely 😬sorry!

@Fluxxx I think @Artminius explained it very well.
    This is an example of my excel table

And it is really a pain to update it everytime which could be done with a simple query to give that info.
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 993
    This one is not about the complexity of the code, though it would still take a couple of days out of our development cycle to code, implement and test it - given that a cycle is usually 5 weeks or so, even a couple of days is important. But regardless, as I've here, we most often prioritize by impact, and while this would be a great quality of life improvement for some of you, compared to other things that we're working on + obligations to AMC, the number of players benefitting from this (and demanding it) is relatively low.
    We have tried to make badge management simpler with the filters, and hoping to add more capabilities from the survivors screen (don't have a date for this right now), but that's the extent of it, at least for now.
    ShayHaDanski_46
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,416
    @ShayHa with the tables there's no need to filter, it's already filtered for you

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 197
    Fluxxx said:

I think it would be great to be able to filter by specific bonuses. Like only the trait bonuses you have on the current hero, but only be able to filter on trait bonuses would be great to, I have mentioned that on my post on what would be great on the badge filtering system: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41276/this-is-what-i-miss-in-the-badge-system
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
    ATLAS-Z said:

@ShayHa with the tables there's no need to filter, it's already filtered for you

This is a simple table but when I change badges its just time consuming replace every name where needed.
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 538
    Fluxxx said:

Yes, that's exactly what I mean!!! @Fluxxx you read my mind and this idea would be super nice!!! My apologies for not being able to word this suggestion properly--deeply sorry. Hopefully it will become a reality.... 3 Extra Filter options after "FILTER BY RARITY".... as in:
    "FILTER BY HERO TEAM MATE BONUS" which will show a small icon of all the Hero's faces in the filtering choices and thus will be this biggest filter,
    "FILTER BY TEAM MATE CLASS BONUS" which will show filtering by class icon,
    "FILTER BY TRAIT BONUS" which will show the trait icons as filtering choices. It will definitely be convenient as well as add variety to the Filtering Options. Just my $0.02

• NovellNovell Member Posts: 157
    edited February 2020
    Gman74 said:

And what about fixing this. Smaller font or something less obstructive would be nice.

Yes pls.

And pls bring the option to scrap a worthless badge directly after crafting. like the equipment from mission crates. Thx!
    Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY
    MudMoccasin
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 149
    Fluxxx said:

This one is not about the complexity of the code, though it would still take a couple of days out of our development cycle to code, implement and test it - given that a cycle is usually 5 weeks or so, even a couple of days is important. But regardless, as I've here, we most often prioritize by impact, and while this would be a great quality of life improvement for some of you, compared to other things that we're working on + obligations to AMC, the number of players benefitting from this (and demanding it) is relatively low.
    We have tried to make badge management simpler with the filters, and hoping to add more capabilities from the survivors screen (don't have a date for this right now), but that's the extent of it, at least for now.

It literally takes hours to input the badge data into a spreadsheet, however the few of us that do this are actually fine with doing it ONCE. The problem occurs when we craft 20 new badges, decide to keep 3 of them, and can't find which 3 those are out of the hundreds of existing badges.

It would be very helpful if you could let us sort the badges by Creation Date. This should be much simpler to implement.
    BurmeliinisMudMoccasin