Game has stopped working within a second of starting after latest upgrade

DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 713
edited December 2019 in Game Issues
It's all in the title. Did the upgrade and went to open game and I immediately get game has stopped working error.
Have restarted tablet and cleared the cache. No success.
Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World

Comments

• JirbucanJirbucan Member Posts: 5
    Same here. I tried to reinstall the gameand even install its older version, but either I get "Unfortunately, the walking dead has stopped" message or I get stuck on the loading screen.
    I am using Noxplayer and I´v tried older and newer versions and nothing. Before updating, it worked well.
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 713
    Before updating mine worked well.
    Just patched latest update 3.5.1.2.... same result.
    Has there been an increase in system requirement?

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

edited December 2019
    Current tablet is android 4.4.2 (i know it's old but it's been playing the game for years now)

• Snake6283Snake6283 Member Posts: 6
    Mine is dying on an iOS iPad Mini 9.3.5. Doesn't load any more.
    Have uninstalled and rebooted tablet, reinstalled game resulting in the same result.

From reading the internet connection thread, those using android emulators fixed this issue by not emulating android4 and moved to 5.
    Could someone from NG please confirm android4 is no longer compatable with the game? Was this intentional? Will there be a fix?

Takes a second longer to for the above result after latest update.

• gitchgitch Member Posts: 1
    I id the update on my ipad mini. game wouldn't load. I deleted the app off the ipad and reinstalled it. now it loads like a new game at level. I am level 70!
    I did the same last time I had this problem and it reinstalled from where I was. now it won't. any ideas??
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,745
    @gitch

Follow these instructions:

https://nextgames.helpshift.com/a/the-walking-dead-no-man-s-land/?p=all&s=my-account&f=i-lost-my-game

If logging out of Game Center and logging back in solves it no issue, if not contact support. You may need to go through the tutorial again.
    DIblis
    edited December 2019
    Awesome @Zbot, we finally get a response for someone who just popped in and introduced a new issue... problem solved they can retrieve their lost saved game.
    Meanwhile... my game wont load/execute/function at all to even know if I've lost my saved game.
    And yes I've already tried support. All I'm getting from them is check your internet connection or something else cut and pasted from out of left field without actually exihibing they've read my email or actually looked into the issue.
    According to them the minimum requirements is android 4.1! Tell that to the noxplayer users who've had to go to android5 emulation to work.
    Just real sloppy support service.

Palli
    Come on, some response to the issue is too much to ask for?

No, it is too much to ask for.

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,008
    If no one knows the answer, that's probably the reason for no one giving an answer?

That's my reason anyway. I don't know.

Try send @Vane or @Fluxxx a private message.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 885
    Sorry, I've been away for the past two weeks so couldn't respond to this. This is a bit of a mystery issue, but it's most likely due to some updates to the software that we use, and as the updates come in, they eventually stop supporting older OS's and devices. This isn't something that we knew prior to the update, but we also cannot revert back.
    On a sidenote, many applications have stopped supporting Android Jellybean (android 4), including apps like Google Chrome. The difference is that you can still use those apps on their older versions, but with NML (and online games in general) you can't play on an older version while others are on a newer one.

But there isn't much I/we can do here unfortunately :/