Android 10 still an issue?

Just upgraded to a Note 10+ and I'm getting the push update to go to Android 10. Is there any rhyme or reason to what devices might have an issue? Or is it just a random crapshoot? A little concerned about being locked out of the game.

Comments

• DarkStorm440DarkStorm440 Member Posts: 2
    Well guess it's a Gamble and I'll have to make sure my old Note 5 still has the game loaded just in case. :-)
    vshield50
  • m4sm4s Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 57
    Android 10 problem still occurs ?
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 839
    Unfortunately yes. I still don't have a date for when this will be fixed :(

However, one tip: if you have the game working on Android 10, do not clear the cache as that will most likely stop you from being able to load in.
    m4sPaste
    edited January 10
    What's the problem?
    I know Google likes to tangle up on Android.
    You really can't work around this problem?

Albert Einstein fix:
    Everyone knows that something cannot be done until there is one who does not know that it is impossible, and he does it.
  • DelgadoDelgado Member Posts: 19
    It's frustrating to hear that not much as been done. I reported an issue in September after updating to Android 10.
    m4s
  • MacVMacV Member Posts: 136
    It's only a matter of time before not updating our devices begins to cause other problems. @Fluxxx , can you at least confirm it is being worked on?
    MacV (Trinity)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Tolstoy
    Paste
    It is being worked on now - end of last year it was more difficult with holidays and other software-related bottlenecks. Now everyone is back, so it's work in progress.
    suzequeue
  • TheCrabTheCrab Member Posts: 88
    hello @Fluxxx any news on the update? My phone and my tablet are pushing for the update to android 10.
    Thanks
    IGN : TheCrab
    Currently : Level 74
    Guild : Mavericks NOC
    m4s
    Thanks for the reminder @TheCrab , just asked about this - it'll most likely be put in the update after the upcoming one (3.8) which will be released in April if everything goes as planned. The issue comes from Google Play not downloading an essential .obb file which prevents the game from running, as such one of our engineers has to work through the entire google play sign-in, linking process.
  • MrChrisMrChris Member Posts: 175
    edited February 12
    Fluxxx said:

Thanks for the reminder @TheCrab , just asked about this - it'll most likely be put in the update after the upcoming one (3.8) which will be released in April if everything goes as planned. The issue comes from Google Play not downloading an essential .obb file which prevents the game from running, as such one of our engineers has to work through the entire google play sign-in, linking process.

My phone also just asked me to do it. So hope you'll be able to fix it :)
    Little offtopic. @Fluxxx you just mentioned 3.8 is coming at April, but now we have 3.6, so will be there 3.7 in closer future? :)
    Hope not many changes at GWs, this system is ok, just needs a few fixes.
    Husaria guild member.
    Line ID mrChris1990.
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 947
    @MrChris

There should be an update before the mid-season premiere of The Walking Dead, which is on February 23rd.

MrChris
    @Vane - Update 3.7 and 3.8 - will require UPDATE Council?
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 947
    3.9, sometime in late June / early July, should be a council upgrade.
    m4s
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 339
    This still hasn't been fixed? How about fixing what's broke before adding new content?
    Paste
    @m4s no council upgrade.

Everyone, could you let me know on this thread if the Android 10 issues is still happening or if you're able to play on those devices now?
  • TaborTabor Member Posts: 5
    Just today got a new Samsung Galaxy S20 5g with Android 10.  No Man's Land installed and works just fine - no problems here.
    cyclon98
  • cyclon98cyclon98 Member Posts: 44
    Fluxxx said:
    @m4s no council upgrade. Everyone, could you let me know on this thread if the Android 10 issues is still happening or if you're able to play on those devices now?
    My S20 works fine as well. I was told that only Samsung phones with Android 10 have no issue whereas others such as LG still have problems.
  • EngAamieEngAamie Member Posts: 43
    ya me also, with Samsung android 10 and no issues
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 373
    Yeah. It's been fixed for my too, since a few months back.
  • MrChrisMrChris Member Posts: 175
    I've this update at Xiaomi Mi A2 until December and everything have been, was and still is alright.
    Husaria guild member.
    Line ID mrChris1990.
    Xiaomi Mi9T Pro - It works very well
  • suju01suju01 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone have issues with OnePlus? I need to upgrade my phone soon.
  • RWSRWS Member Posts: 301
    Had no problems with OpePlus 7t or OnePlus 8
  • butchergurl1962butchergurl1962 Member Posts: 25
    I been trying to download the game for 2 days @Fluxxx I download and reboot my phone and reinstall the app and play store gives me an error saying it can’t download even tho it shows an icon on my game launcher when I try to log on it just shows the name but then goes to a black screen. If I can get any help I’d appreciate it very much thank you!