Guild War Start Time

JPBJPB Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
Can you please schedule different start times for each war in the planner to allow players from different countries to be able to actively participate?

For me, the wars all start at 8am so I will be unable to participate :( For players in some other countries it will be late night/early hours of the morning when they are asleep.

I'd suggest 8 or 6 hour intervals starting Friday evening, so that the war takes place over a weekend when most players should be able to find a suitable time slot to be able to participate.

Also, to make it easier to choose, please also show the day name and local time (based on the player's device), e.g: Fri 8pm, Sat 4am, Sat 12pm, Sat 8pm, etc.
BurmeliinisRick06Liven4_shawnCammyKarajocaAliWood

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 986
    Agree totally on the day name thing, said the same in the other thread.

But each battle lasts 22 hours, so there shouldn't be much difference which time zone you are in.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    ArtminiusTCBRITO
  • Aklo09Aklo09 Member Posts: 27
    Or at least dayname and time in UTC format.
    Maybe it's just me but I can't figure out if it's Saturday or Sunday when you say "starts in 8d 19h".....
    Mora
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 540
    Agree in the UK start time is about 5:00:am
  • Rick06Rick06 Member Posts: 8
    Its funny, because i supposed to work, but instead i will play this game at 8am :neutral:
    Maybe the old version was better
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,940
    @Reeconn battles should start at 8.30am here in UK, (18 hours from now) and also the same time sign up started. So will end at 6.30 am.
  • tbdbitltbdbitl Member Posts: 38
    Wow start times SUCK for US players. 2:30am for East Coast?

Damn it was hard enough for us to get folks together when it started hourly on the weekends!

Pretty disturbed.
    1st my truck loads of gas saved from last wars are useless and gone.
    Now times I’ll never be able to play.

Why even bother with this if you really don’t want to really test it?

Haven’t heard any feed back on start times from my guild, but I imagine that only members in Communist countries will participate. Hmmmmm
    KarajocaAliWood
  • mcjack44mcjack44 Member Posts: 867
    And yes to include the days besides the counter.
    Sa - Su etc. Would be enough
    Mavericks OG
    forum @mcjack44 / Line ID mcjack44
    HerbacideMora
    Is there some where that explains the 22 hour battle? In old one battles lasted about an hour.

Can players go in an play whenever they want during the 22 hours.
    Can I play some. Stop. Come back later. Repeat. Until attacks are used up?
    Do all players have to coordinate a start time somehow and start at the same time?
    Did someone somehow forget to put these details in the how to play screens?
    Only five slots show for sign-up, but 5 is the minimum. What’s the max?
    Will more slots appear when 5 are filled?
    Do ALL players have to be signed up to by deadline?
    Can they just join during the 22 hours?

And @mcjack44 None of this is anywhere in the how to play screens in game. Or anywhere someone would look in the game. Maybe folks complain because the information isn’t there to read—in game.
    ambienceBuckzz
    edited January 2020
    @tbdbitl here are the update notes which were linked to in game https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41811/3-5-update-notes#latest

Edit to add screenshot of where in game news asks you to read update notes for info

Second edit to add that information about battle length and number of attacks should be added to the learn more button in the guild war planner page.
    tbdbitlTCBRITOTeamDead
    @Firekid Thanks! But a link to sort through a game update post isn’t very player friendly.
    The bullet points in that post should have been in the how to play screens in game.
    That answers my max per battle question. But it doesn’t touch my other questions.
    @Burmeliinis fantastic response!
    And Thank You!
    Burmeliinis
    edited January 2020
    @Fluxxx Will members be able to observe a battle they are not fighting in?

I think my question was just answered. Now that first battle is full, it shows spectate button!
    suzequeue
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,410
    Is the countdown timer in the signup block when the battle starts or when the battle locks?
    @Governator its when the battle locks. Click on the battle and you’ll get both times.
    Governator
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,410
    Ah, thanks @Firekid. I missed that!
  • huskersoxfanhuskersoxfan Member Posts: 281
    Does anyone have an idea how much the gas cost is...5 gas, 6...? Will healing time in GW affect other parts of game like last time? No Freemen\human enemies, just “special” walkers?

Lack of information makes folks restless, and I appreciate all the hard work you @Fluxxx and NG has done, but just a little clarification could go a long ways brother!
    Proud Co-Leader with Badger Hounds
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,144
    No gas in this GW version
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• GENERALR20BRGENERALR20BR Member Posts: 25
    Couldn't you put 3 times to play instead of 2?
    @GENERALR20BR if we could all play 3 times that would add 4 days onto the war and When it finished you’d only have 3 days before it starts again. Which would make moves between guilds even more difficult than it already will be.
    TCBRITOGENERALR20BR
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,083

Does anyone have an idea how much the gas cost is...5 gas, 6...? Will healing time in GW affect other parts of game like last time? No Freemen\human enemies, just “special” walkers?

Lack of information makes folks restless, and I appreciate all the hard work you @Fluxxx and NG has done, but just a little clarification could go a long ways brother!

As @Billbam said, no gas in this version of GW. Every participant gets 20 Attacks (1 attack = 1 mission), this info is also in the update notes and partially in the learn more pop-up. I can totally understand the restlessness, but it's just difficult to anticipate every possible question 😅and given that it is a beta, many things are subject to change and the ultimate goal is for you guys to play and test it out. Anyways, PvE missions will only contain walkers, and the only human enemies will be your opponent's survivors (their level adjusted to the level of YOUR highest level survivors) .
    Zette
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,096
    Question, is day 1 going to be the easy missions and day 8 the hardest ones?
    Calamity
  • mcjack44mcjack44 Member Posts: 867
    No, all the same
    Mavericks OG
    forum @mcjack44 / Line ID mcjack44
    CalamityDanski_46
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 563
    Will the difficulty within a battle ramp up, per the distance / challenge modes, or will it stay as a constant throughout the battle?
    Can you increase the VP / RP boost from the star hero to something more tangible? 15% is negligible at best.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 498
    I can't believe that I am about to post this...

BREATHE Y'ALL!
    We'll see what's what soon. It'll be what it is. Then all us OCD min-maxers can start to cook up the battle plans.
    F'in-A. Chill. Lol
    CalamityDanski_46TeamDead
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,186

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Deathwish19AliWood