Guild Wars - What's happening

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,821
    edited January 16
    @SCBMA and I squashed yours and others hundreds of times too. I'm really not sure what your point is?

You liked going against my team hundreds of time (and not taking a scratch, I'm calling hard bullshit on that one, but keep on strutting peacock)?

I get you don't want to dumb it down but what I don't get is your root assault on me. So let's talk more about that.

Talk about why you think Dwight is so much Superior Carl. You think people that lead with Carl are noobs.

You can keep on insulting me if you want or you can try and back up your logic.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    DrhooSCBMA
  • SpikedSpiked Member Posts: 133
    SCBMA said:

@ATLAS-Z
    So all your posts about how well you “think” your defenders are performing can be debunked by someone who actually knows.

Just today, yeah that Carl sure stinks. All level 27 attackers.

That said, I agree there should be a way to at least define the pool of who is to be used. Maybe a selection of 5 teams.
    ATLAS-Z
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 147
    I wanted first to see how it is before commenting anything, but, seriously, are we talking that something isn't implemented because its too hard for big amount of players? Isn't that the whole point, and the best way to separate guilds and players, let them fight, do what they can and see who wins?
    Only handful of guilds should be able to reach that "master" stage, not everyone, just make sure you give enough easier missions and rewards to players who are not able to do it.

If the reason why not having defences badged and choosen by player are technical, then that's something to work and focus on in the future.

We are having here fully equipped, badged-up, can get charged and controlled by PLAYER team Vs. random equipped, non-badged, no charges RANDOM team controlled by nobody! That is just ridiculous solution. Better don't have those missions at all and put lvl40 saviors...

My dream is having real PvP feeling for a change. Giving more walker missions, like we have in other modes shouldn't be the goal here.

Still, excited to see how it goes and i am sure there is improvement compared to first release
    WellyLugaSCBMATroublemakerimnfiction
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 195
    Well I don't even have Carl unlocked, but might Carl work especially well in Outpost and GW because most people don't realize that the trait can be triggered multiple times on the same turn, but only once per mission? So if you can't kill someone with Carl in leader position, you have to wait a turn? But most people just go bananas on one survivor instead of waiting out the effect?

It was interesting to read this thread about the subject, I see you are familiar with Carl SCBMA :)https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/337994/#Comment_337994

I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
  • fco_herasfco_heras Member Posts: 1
    Es importante que GW esté a pleno rendimiento y me alegro que se esté trabajando para que al menos podamos "probarla"... Está claro que "tira" de muchos recursos y que es dificil llevarla a cabo, así que, que al menos lo intenteis, es una gran noticia para todos... Gracias
  • CarlyCarly Member Posts: 2,361
    I agree with above comments. Have it say day of week would be easier. Also, is there supposed to be a description for star hero? And link for forums just goes to forum main page. Why not link it to a specific thread so forums not become cluttered with GW comments in every section.

Leader of Badger Hounds
    Having candy for breakfast!
    100% FTP
    MyYouTubeChannel
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > I think there's a huge difference in what is a good setup against the average player who might raid you and the upper echelons of the rankings in master tier. Against your average player Carl does the job. The top players should beat your defences no matter what...
    >
    > As for GW, would it be possible to change the interface so that it stated a date rather than how many days away it was. I signed up for the first battle and wanted to sign up for the following Sunday as I know I'll be free then. It wasn't clear when this was so I found myself counting days on the calender. Maybe I'm just dim :lol:
    >
    > (Image)

I think because of time differences days run over for different people maybe?

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    WellyLugajrodrf2Jaden
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 554
    How many attacks does a guild need to complete everything in a battle. I know we have a total of 100. I assume we have extra attacks for repeats possibly. @Fluxxx. just want to know if its say 70 or 80 example.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,362
    edited January 17
    @rogueDS i’m guessing the opposite is true and that 100 attacks is enough to complete 80% of the map.
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 554
    That would be bogus. You really think that.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,362
    I don’t think the original guild wars maps were ever meant to be completed. The only reason it ever was because people swapped ridiculous amounts of cash or because we had unlimited gas because it was last broken. It was meant to be a tactical battle to effectively use the resources available to maximise the scores.
    ATLAS-ZTroublemakerJaden
    Yes @Firekid is right. Original Guild Wars was never meant to be completed. And yet some of the big fish banded together and did just that.

But with this new Guild Wars is a lot of unknown so it's a valid question @rogueDS

I'm curious myself now.

• maverick9maverick9 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 17
    Why so many guild wars to sign up for, but can only play 2? Is the 2 a daily thing? Or is that season long? Doesn’t seem long enough to test if we only get to participate in 2 times? Very confused about it thanks
    > @maverick9 said:
    > Why so many guild wars to sign up for, but can only play 2? Is the 2 a daily thing? Or is that season long? Doesn’t seem long enough to test if we only get to participate in 2 times? Very confused about it thanks

There are exactly enough slots for 20 players in a full Guild play two times each

TCBRITO
    I'm curious about one thing. If a player signs up for a match and the match does not get enough players when the time expires, do those players lose their key or can they then sign up for a later match?

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,213
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > Yes @Firekid is right. Original Guild Wars was never meant to be completed. And yet some of the big fish banded together and did just that.
    >
    > But with this new Guild Wars is a lot of unknown so it's a valid question @rogueDS
    >
    > I'm curious myself now.

I agree with this. I think with GW 2.0 the main goal is for people to play it and for it to work. Which guild wins and who is at the top of the rankings is irrelevant for the beta. Once NG has a model that is guaranteed to work I think that's when they'll make tweaks and changes to give players the oppurtunity to set themselves apart.
  • maverick9maverick9 Member Posts: 4
    Ok thanks @ATLAS-Z we don’t have a full guild, only 10 active so it’s a lot of slots to be filled and with only 2 times to play just seems little.

I still don’t understand if the 2 times we get to play means for the whole season? If so, with half a guild it’s going to be over fast for us... we’ll only be able to play 2 wars or so I think if all the players even can gather together to play at the same time. Guess I’m just confused, and don’t know where to get more information.
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 320
    > @maverick9 said:
    > Ok thanks @ATLAS-Z we don’t have a full guild, only 10 active so it’s a lot of slots to be filled and with only 2 times to play just seems little.
    >
    > I still don’t understand if the 2 times we get to play means for the whole season? If so, with half a guild it’s going to be over fast for us... we’ll only be able to play 2 wars or so I think if all the players even can gather together to play at the same time. Guess I’m just confused, and don’t know where to get more information.

With 10 active players, you would be able to participate in a maximum of 4 battles during this war.
    Also, with the new setup you (and LOTS of others, from what I read) need to change the mindset from "playing at the same time" to "playing on the same day." Each battle lasts 22 hours, so pretty much all day. As long as you can coordinate 5 players to all play on a Wednesday (or other day), you'll be good to go👍.
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 570
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before, if a player signed up for a battle but left the guild before the battle sign up closes, will the battle spot be automatically freed up?
  • DragonLoveDragonLove Member Posts: 152
    Jerry is the best outpost front man hands down.
    Dbl_Edge_DEP
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 558

Jerry is the best outpost front man hands down.

Yh if you place him stationary with 2 bruisers and bunch em all together, that is a guaranteed possibilty of winning the battle.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    DragonLove
  • Mel1Mel1 Member Posts: 1
    Why can’t it be like it used to be? We loved it the way it was! Now I have to plan my day around what it let’s me pick? I already don’t like it. Before you could log on Sat and get your group together to play. Now what if people have things come up and no one can get on at the same time? Bring back the old way pleeeeeaaaasssseeee!!!
    Danski_46Spiked_Lily_TCBRITOrogueDSKarajocasuzequeueRaven2318
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,213
    edited January 18
    > @Mel1 said:
    > Why can’t it be like it used to be? We loved it the way it was! Now I have to plan my day around what it let’s me pick? I already don’t like it. Before you could log on Sat and get your group together to play. Now what if people have things come up and no one can get on at the same time? Bring back the old way pleeeeeaaaasssseeee!!!

You mean the absolute broken mess that was pretty much a complete failure that NG regretfully and correctly cancelled? :lol:

It's obvious that NGs servers can't handle the traffic of hourly battles with 10 vs 10 playing dozens and dozens of missions. I don't imagine the server space required to make that form of GW work would be very profitable for them.

Give the new GW a chance...
    Danski_46TCBRITORaven2318
  • AlexNikAlexNik Member Posts: 8
    @Fluxxx, we want to know about the map of missions in guild wars. Each player will have his own card, as in the distance mode? Or will 5 players fight on the same map, as in past guild wars? This is very important for all players of our favorite game. Thanks.
    rogueDS
  • LilTexLilTex Member Posts: 23
    Tbh I don’t understand why we can only play 2 games and have to pick way in and Vance? If this is going to be the new thing, then we should be allowed to have stand-by players just Incase something comes up and someone can’t play on their designated day.
    AlexNik
This discussion has been closed.