Communication

Since we are all going to be chatting to one another more often now, can the makers of the game please fix the chat? I’ve been playing for a year and a half and I am tired of not having access to basic auto correction on my iPhone while I play this game with the native keyboard.
PLEASE let autocorrect work in the guild chat area.

Thqnk yiu un adbance (this was an example of what the in game chat experience is like).
Deathwish19MrKaplanShadowWalkerScowleyKatz_Killers18KriegKing_RedeemerbigbeanoL2wannabe3Renopwns

Comments

• bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,139
    I do agree that chat could be improved but my auto correct still works there 🤔🤔🤔
    Stalker201Risromeo
  • MeatlegMeatleg Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2018
    Do you type in more than one language? I have the Japanese KANA keyboard activated as well as a third party keyboard Called TextExpander. I usually type in English though with the native English keyboard the autocorrect is disabled when I type in game.

> @bladgier said:
    > I do agree that chat could be improved but my auto correct still works there 🤔🤔🤔
    Here is a video of the spellcheck NOT working in the game. This is the native English keyboard. For the record, spellcheck is working PERFECTLY on the same keyboard as I type into this browser.
    @Kaz any ETA on when this will be fixed? It has been annoying for the past year and a half.
    Bump
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,135
    Allowing copy&paste and hyperlinks would be much more useful. I would like to post links to screenshots and youtube videos, but now it's impossible.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    RenopwnsL2wannabe3Meatleg
    Bump
    Bump
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager, Staff Posts: 1,107
    Will bring this to our attention, thanks for keeping the thread alive long enough for me to see it @Meatleg
    romeoL2wannabe3Meatleg
  • goodDay14goodDay14 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2019
    Do you type in more than one language? I have the Japanese KANA keyboard activated as well as a third party keyboard Called TextExpander. I usually type in English though with the native English keyboard the autocorrect is disabled when I type in game myip
    birthdaywishes tneb

• LAK_legionnairesLAK_legionnaires Member Posts: 28
    @Fluxxx can we start getting Supplies in the crates after challenge missions? I've been playing since early 2016. I'm tired of farming. This is about to make me quit if I'm going have to farm so much
    magicJankelambience
    Bump. Still no update on the keyboard I see.
    So annoying when trying to type to guild mates.
    How can the developers not be annoyed by this when they type to each other in guild chats?!?
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager, Staff Posts: 1,107
    To be honest with you, this is very low in priority for us. There aren't many requests for this and for many, autocorrect works (it does on my iPhone with a swiftkey keyboard). So overall, we probably won't be focusing on this, sorry ;/
    TroublemakerDirtyB696Meatleg
  • DirtyB696DirtyB696 Member Posts: 30
    I think so many including myself had no idea about changing keyboards during the chat window. Too old for change I guess - Hahaha!

Your Statement about the SwiftKey keyboard was the greatest thing for me. I researched and installed today. Love it!!!

Anyone that was annoyed with spell check in the chat within the game should install SwiftKey and start using it!

Thanks Fluxx!!!
    I just don’t get how it can be difficult to fix.
    Just find the code that is disabling the spellcheck in the native keyboard and eliminate it. Spellcheck is built in to the native keyboard in iOS, but this app blocks it from working.

This is the only app I have where this happens. Years ago I used to play Star Wars Commander, and at first the same problem existed in that game. Then, after a few updates, they fixed it. I’ve been playing this for a few years now though and .... still irritating.
    psychwolf