Guild War Start Time

2»

Comments

• Nick37Nick37 Member Posts: 455
    Would definitely like to see a later start time.
    “Aloha Snackbar” Guild No Mans Land.
    “Sheffield UK (SUK)” Group Our World.
    Infinite_M0nkey
  • JoeSmartJoeSmart Member Posts: 254
    @Fluxxx

maybe you should point out all infos in a seperat post - including the info from 3.5. update notes. Would clarify way more and reduces the work on your side
  • JoeSmartJoeSmart Member Posts: 254
    and i agree - with 22 hours of playtime the starting time is irrelevant
    Nezo
  • PMTPMT Member Posts: 36
    @Nick37 the staring time is irrelevant you can play during lunch break after work or sitting on the toilet my guild mate play couple of attacks then went to work and he will finish the rest when he get back from work as long as the time doesn't expire.
    ToniStoraro
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 191
    The starting time is not completely irrelevant as healing times might make you want to space out fights as much as you can. But if there were different starting times it would have to be based on the guild, so the whole guild had the same I guess.
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 482
    Starting time is quite relevant:
    * As @magic said, the later you start, the less you can wait on healing to push for hard missions (and the more gold you spend on healing--Oooooh, I get it...).
    * If you must make a mixed-level team, the lower-level players have to clear the easier Sectors and enemies before the higher-level players can push for hard Sectors and enemies. In a worst case scenario--high-level players do all of the easiest missions early in the battle--lower-level players will not be able to use all 20 of their attacks.
    * Some regionally oriented teams might lose upwards of 8 hours of play every battle, because no one wants to play in the middle of the night. Ex: For the West Coast US the start time is 12:30 AM.

I guess we gotta recruit low-level UK players! :wink:
    magic
  • Infinite_M0nkeyInfinite_M0nkey Member Posts: 67
    @Artminius
    With all due respect, I'm not smitten with the 'If you must make a mixed-level team ...: comment. Many, if not most, of us are in mixed-level guilds (and I for one am proud of it!)
    Anyhoo, that contextual grumble aside, it's an easy workaround. The only bit that merits early attention from lower-level players (LLP), imho, are the bonus fields. They're logically an early milestone & easily handled by LLP's. Thereafter they can work along Row A.
    Higher LP's can start on, and progress through Row B (or higher) regardless of where the LLP's are on Row A.
    A quick bit of task allocation before the battle starts and bish-bosh, Bob's yer uncle.
    Calamity
    That's, literally, what I said. "If you must min-max" means your participants are not the same level, and so the lower-level players need to be accommodated. That accommodation, however, can bottleneck the higher-level players... and so (the point): start time matters more than folks might initially think. Yes, even with a 22-hour battle timer.
    If you read that in the Internet Default Tone of Evil, I can't help ya. :smile:

For my guild--yep, with 60s and 70s and 74s--I am advising forming teams by level and gear; and so then there is no need to leave easier Sectors for lower-level participants. The all-74s team heads straight down the middle, C path. Or lower! (But, sheesh! We ain't got folks that can handle 45+ Difficulty!!!) The mid-60s roam the top, A path and pick up a few of the leftmost areas of lower sectors. Anyone much lower--in a guild which also has 70s--is screwed, basically: Though I cannot verify it, I am willing to bet the difficulty will be too high in any Sector. Something to be said for forming guild families and shuffling folks around to flatten out your level ranges.

(I'm in a guild with, like, 15 sub-guilds... but they shuffle by challenge stars, which often doesn't correlate to level at all, as some of the 70s do a bare minimum while 60s and 50s kick ass.)
    ---
    As an aside: I do not advocate LLPs doing Bonus missions (yet) because it seems like they only benefit players going right and low (high Difficulty) and yet do not pay RPs (which is what LLPs need the most). I think they should be selectively done by the HLPs that are going hard, and with an eye towards the classes that are going to be used the most in that push. But that is WAY orthogonal to this thread's point about start time.
  • Infinite_M0nkeyInfinite_M0nkey Member Posts: 67
    Indulge me: I'm missing something in your scenario here.
    If the LLP's can set off along row A, & higher LP's can set off along rows B & C, then where's the bottleneck?
    Thanks for the point about no RP in the bonus missions - I quite simply hadn't noticed that feature.
    edited January 22
    Might not be a bottleneck, if the disparity in levels/power is wide enough.
    I'm 74 and the idea of starting on 1C gives me cold sweats. :lol: I'd be stacked into the hospital after maybe 3 attacks (DEFINITELY after the first enemy mission).

[I've very poorly managed my rewards for play over the years. Spread tokens too thin, and so my best characters are two, 2-pinks. :cry: And I really only buy Special Functionality bundles, so I've not put a lot of $ into components (like, none). And I suck at Hard Distance. Wah wah. :blush: ]
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,136
    @Artminius you do know that lower level players have lower level walkers. So you could play with level 20’s and their 1A’s would be level 20-23 and yours would be 27-30. It’s more a problem when you are all the same level i.e all level 27 but some find 35’s difficult and some can easily do 41’s. If those who can handle the 41’s are uk we are waiting till 5-6 hours till USA wake up. Then if they can’t play till they finish work it’s basically midnight here.
    Artminius
  • ZetteZette Member Posts: 371
    @Firekid well dang! I didn't know that lower lvl players had different walker lvls either. I thought we all had exact same map with 1A Forest being a difficulty of 27-29...hmmm?! That's cool! Thanks for that tidbit of info!
    Yeah, I had no idea.
    So they could push on B or higher?
    Are the rewards scaled down too?