Too much DR?

I’m a little confused at the bonus effect you get for having a set.
As per the below, Kathy has iron skin, 16%. The badges offer 19 and 14 and 17 % totalling 66% if each badge gives 20% bonus it would be way over 80%. If the lit ones offer 20% then one would apply, giving 86% total?

Is 86% correct? Should I swap the 19% DR for more health?

Comments

• imnfictionimnfiction Member Posts: 85
    edited January 21
    Total damage resistance cannot exceed 80%.

You can reach it with perfect badges and weapon trait, and then swap iron skin for something better.

Also focus on having all the badges of the same shape. 20% set bonus is nice.
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 361
    The 20% bonus is already included for the lit one only, because it's the fat X shape (which you have 4 of).

So your DR right now is 16% (Kathy's IS) +14% + 17% +19% + 10% (tactical weapon)= 76%

If you have a scout, warrior or hunter on your team you will reach 80% since those are bonuses on your badges.

I would dump that damage badge and add more health.
  • SkewiffSkewiff Member Posts: 8

The 20% bonus is already included for the lit one only, because it's the fat X shape (which you have 4 of).

So your DR right now is 16% (Kathy's IS) +14% + 17% +19% + 10% (tactical weapon)= 76%

If you have a scout, warrior or hunter on your team you will reach 80% since those are bonuses on your badges.

I would dump that damage badge and add more health.

Thanks SW, but isn’t it 76% plus 20% for the set bonus, so 96(80)%?
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 71
    Keep in mind that:

- the displayed value on the character badge screen is incorrect. You should always work from the Craftsman building to find out the base values and figure the exact percentage from that.
    - Badge bonus effects are off by 1 if the main effect's value minus 2 is a multiple of 8.
    e.g. a 10%+2% badge is actually 13%, not 12%
  • SkewiffSkewiff Member Posts: 8
    So this is better?
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,938
    Skewiff said:

Thanks SW, but isn’t it 76% plus 20% for the set bonus, so 96(80)%?

No, 20% is relative. All badges that are in the set will get a 20% boost.
    This means a 10% badge will become a 12% badge.

Like said. The game already adds the 20% to the values you see. (Not very well, like grady mentioned).

So all you need to do is add up the numbers that you see.
    @ShadowWalker is correct. @Grady is spot on, but probably a little hard to grasp for most people.
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 361
    > @Skewiff said:
    > (Quote)
    > Thanks SW, but isn’t it 76% plus 20% for the set bonus, so 96(80)%?

20% isn't directly added, the value of each individual badge is increased by 20%. For example remove your 17% DR badge and you will notice it's actual value is probably 14%.
    imnfiction
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 26
    at the craftsman you can see the real numbers of your badges without the bonus