Leader must be able to kick non-participants and open the key to anyone who shows up

Subject line says it all.
The mechanism of allowing another to fill in is more complex. I concede that.
I'm literally watching my folks lose a battle they would win if anyone would just show up and kick ass for 20 minutes.

Perhaps that's an intended consequence.
Hard to watch.
AliWoodDanski_46SpikedDrhooDeathwish19SCBMAMrLuckySarge_tallinieShawtStuff

Comments

• SpikedSpiked Member Posts: 150
    What would stop a guild from gaming the system then? You could replace players depending on how weak/strong the other team is..

Player not participating is a guild issue, just like challenge. Kick the player, get someone who will participate and they get to be involved... in the next war.
    maku11Gman74DrhooInfinite_M0nkeyNezo
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,044
    We have a player who signed up for 2 battles and showed up for neither, the locked in part should be dropped imo, there were other players ready to step in. Kicking him after this battle.
    SCBMAMrLuckytallinie
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 915
    It's not really possible for us to set it so that players can join during the battle, or at least it would cause very many issues on our end, so the registration lock is necessary.
    Nezo
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 631
    Maybe allow an extra player or two to register, but only count the top 5 VP scores towards the score? Players can still get the reward points they earn.

That would solve this problem of inactive players, and will also help guilds with less people since they won't be able to fill up every match under the current system.
    SCBMAmirArtminius
  • mirmir Member Posts: 156
    And this option: the leader can give the status of a Warrior(as an elder) and only those who have this status can participate. This means that if someone has registered for a fight with the status of Wars and does not get in touch, then the leader lowers it and the place in the battle is released by the submachine gunners. Can you do this? @Fluxxx
    Artminius
  • MrChrisMrChris Member Posts: 175
    Removing limits and letting other to add may happen abuses like creating guild with 19 friends/noobs/fakes who will leave some parts of battle for The One Account.
    However, solution may be simple. People would be able to receive skulls only from two chosen battles.
    Husaria guild member.
    Line ID mrChris1990.
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 491
    edited January 24
    Thank you @Fluxxx for the feedback.

I am a big fan of @mir idea. It doesn't solve the no-show issue after registration lock; but it offers a middle ground between kicking a non-participant out of the guild and having them lock out a participant from a battle that has not yet begun. Example:
    Battle 1 has all 5. They are all Warriors. Bob doesn't participate; no chat, no Discord, just torpedoes the battle team for battle 1.
    That Warrior Bob is also scheduled for Battle 3. Leader removes Bob's Warrior status. Bob disappears from Battle 3 and the slot is available for an available Warrior. Bob is still in guild. If Bob comes back contrite or with excuse, Bob can be made Warrior again, and he can sign up for later battles with open slots.

Yes, it takes coding. But it strikes me as a genius way to rebuke a no-show without the hammer of banishment. :love:
    Walkerslayer82mir
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 631
    edited January 25
    > @ShadowWalker said:
    > Maybe allow an extra player or two to register, but only count the top 5 VP scores towards the score? Players can still get the reward points they earn.

I would like to elaborate on this because I gave it some more thought, and I think I came up with a suitable format.

There are 8 battles so on 4 days there can be a max of 7 players, and on the other 4 days there can be a max of 8 players registered. This would be 60 slots in total. Players can only participate in 3 battles, so a guild of 20 will fill all the slots. There will still be a minimum of 5 players required, and only the top 5 scores will count for the guild score.

This allows us all to play more guild wars, keeps the teams even so that it's fair for competition, and solves the problem for smaller guilds or if a player goes MIA.

@Fluxx any thoughts on this?
    Scowley
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 581
    None of this I think would be possible or is fair. People would fight over that extra battle.
    TCBRITO