Boom Barrel Challenge - strategy notes and discussion

13»

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,333
    Sweet.

I just passed that one now I'm looking at One Down. I came close twice but no luck yet.

The extra fatties spawning keep cornering me.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,023
    @ATLAS-Z I found that eventually no fatties spawned. Or the spawns I blocked happened to be where they were going to spawn. When I cleared it I got normal and armoured walkers spawning.
    ATLAS-Z
    edited February 2
    > @Spiked said:
    > Obviously big pile is the toughest mission in the set up to 50 (I don’t know past that, I’m not there yet). For those having trouble with it here is a better, less luck dependent method than most I’ve seen:
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks to Queen Bee for posting

Awesome vid. I think the term less luck dependant is subjective, I tried that team 10+ times and didn't get close to completing it, much less 3*. If it wasnt for the vid I'd question whether it was even possible :lol:. 2 scouts and Sasha had a better success rate for me but it's fun seeing the different teams and strategies to tackle the maps.
    psychwolf
  • SpikedSpiked Member Posts: 89
    WellyLuga said:

Awesome vid. I think the term less luck dependant is subjective, I tried that team 10+ times and didn't get close to completing it, much less 3*. If it wasnt for the vid I'd question whether it was even possible :lol:. 2 scouts and Sasha had a better success rate for me but it's fun seeing the different teams and strategies to tackle the maps.

Well I used it 3 times with much less retries than other methods I have seen, if that far left zeke doesn’t spawn you have a pretty good chance at success if you play it smart. But I don’t only go off my success, I had shared it with several others who were struggling and they all found success. You could even take a hit or two and with a little luck not get insta nabbed with a bruiser and tanked assault.
    Rnamk
    > @Superhero said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > This is a real WTF? tactic :o
    >
    >

This is where I'm at... Don't know if it's gonna happen.

That's some next level shit.
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    SuperheroRiotZappaNezoGrady
    edited February 2
    @Spiked That's fair enough, I was just pointing out that certain strategies work better for different people depending on how they play and what they're comfortable with. I found you can take a hit using 2 scouts provided the walker you're struggling with was in range of a barrel or you had the harpoon to get yourself out and above a certain point it's instastruggle for bruisers and assaults too.

You see above @Firekid has posted a different way which gets the job done but all of them are heavily luck dependant. Cool to see :smile:
    Spiked
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 902
    I just did Big Pile with the one turn super spawn, went pretty much exactly like Queen Bee video, couldn't believe my luck 😂
    Spiked
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 390
    Obviously this challenge was too easy, pretty much everyone in our guild made a new personal best. My main gripe with this challenge, however, is mainly that it's purely strategy and the right weapons (mainly harpoon gun) and not down to your survivors, how many pink stars or what badges they have. Most missions you could do just as well with a lvl 1 survivor with no badges. Of course, in one way this is a refreshing difference from the other challenges, but many missions' success are down to a favourable starting setup so it's just down to how much gold you are willing you spend and gas boosters you buy.
    SuperheropsychwolfDanski_46WellyLuga
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,392
    Nice challenge for the whales.
  • SuperheroSuperhero Member Posts: 71
    Trying to find the right setting since 7 hours.

This is truly a pain in the a** :|

romeo
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 797
    Superhero said:

Trying to find the right setting since 7 hours.

This is truly a pain in the a** :|

Do you have a tanky Bruiser with a gold Razor and Interrupt weapon? That map is tough if you don’t have a mechanism to temporarily stop the Fattie.
    tabernac said:

Do you have a tanky Bruiser with a gold Razor and Interrupt weapon? That map is tough if you don’t have a mechanism to temporarily stop the Fattie.

Unfortunally not :|
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 420
    > @Superhero said:
    > Trying to find the right setting since 7 hours.
    >
    > This is truly a pain in the a** :|
    >
    > (Image)

Rick and 2 Hunters. I'll recommend Alpha and Sasha obviously. The Festive Shotgun and Flaming Crossbow are good options. Blow up the barrels only when you need to and conserve your charge attacks. You can spawn block the walkers that come on the bottom left during the first wave.
    Superhero

Rick and 2 Hunters. I'll recommend Alpha and Sasha obviously. The Festive Shotgun and Flaming Crossbow are good options. Blow up the barrels only when you need to and conserve your charge attacks. You can spawn block the walkers that come on the bottom left during the first wave.

Thx, I´ll give that a try :)
    22 round passes! @Fluxxx please be kind when you're choosing this weeks challenge and class bonus 😬

WellyLugazivaoliviaDrhoo
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,392
    Farmlands is the next challenge? Screw you NG. It's pretty obvious what you're doing.
    Troublemaker
    I don't mind farmlands, charged scouts too 🙂
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,151
    Yeah farmlands is ok, won’t be going clear for all my round passes but will make most of them.
  • PandreqPandreq Member Posts: 240
    I also got my first 2k, finishing on 2190. Also got my first 1k with my baby account (previous best was 632 there). I enjoyed the fact that you could play it both ways on some levels, either try and be stealthy or blow stuff up. Thanks for the kick-ass videos on here, learned a few new tricks.......
    Danski_46Carleone
    Remind me why we hate farmlands?

I don't have the challenges memorized and I have like a million round passes.

A little worried.
    Danski_46WellyLuga
    edited February 4
    ATLAS-Z said:

Remind me why we hate farmlands?

I don't have the challenges memorized and I have like a million round passes.

A little worried.

I'm a fan. It's a really strong melee set - 5/6 have a threat counter. Lots of space for prowling and with charged scouts, shouldn't be a problem.
    Danski_46Nezo
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 662
    Straw Men is usually the end map at least for me
    14 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!