GUILD WARS 3.0 PITCH - UNLOCK ENTIRE MAP VS TOGGLE MISSION DIFFICULTIES

ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,811
So as many guilds become comfortable with Guild Wars more and more players are getting pigeonholed into which sectors and missions they are going to complete.

As fun as this might be right now it's going to get old really really quick. Having to do the same areas over and over again won't be fun for long.

I have two possible suggestions to alleviate this:

#1 UNLOCK THE ENTIRE MAP

This first solution should be very easy to implement for next games.
Don't require guilds to complete pathetic easy missions to unlock the more challenging missions ahead. Every team from competitive guilds has to assign Guild members to tackle those easy missions so their stronger players can go ahead and attempt the harder missions. What about those players that would like to push harder but can't because somebody has to open the gate?

The solution is simple. if the entire map is unlocked from the beginning players can have freedom to roam and go wherever they like and challenge any mission they choose.

#2 TOGGLE MISSION DIFFICULTY

The second solution would require code but if you put a toggle switch on every sector then players could choose easy normal or hard in that sector to provide a more fulfilling experience. This will also allow players to try different areas Forest junkyard sanctuary adjusting the mission difficulties up and down to fit their needs.

This will also create a large of diversity in scores as stronger guilds go for stronger missions.

The toggle switch can be similar to the one found in scavenge.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
tabernacTJCartSCBMATCBRITOCarl_s_HatJenngTroublemakerGENERALR20BRTweetyBirdmiori199373

Comments

• TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    I’m not exactly on board with number #1. Any kind of roadblock like that in place does require a form of strategy which you are simply removing when you unlock the map.

#2 is a cool idea though and adds even more depth to GW. Kudos!
    ATLAS-ZDgotcha
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,811
    I'd love to play some level 38 Forest missions. That would be sweet.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    romeo
  • SpikedSpiked Member Posts: 132
    I think everyone wants to contribute to the level they are comfortable and a bit more so the way we can challenge each player to push harder the better. NG wins because pushing = gold
    It's not even just about pushing either.

For hardcore guilds definitely but I have many players in the junior guilds in our family that are frustrated that there aren't enough missions in what I refer to as their "comfort zone".

These lower-level and less active players don't even grasp the depths of high-level play and they don't care they just want to kill some zombies and have fun doing it. When they walk into the guild war and find one or two missions in their comfort zone and that's it they're disappointed and give up.

Having a difficulty toggle would benefit players of all play styles.

While it might mean some guilds will do better then my guild I still think it's an improvement I would appreciate.

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 554
    Interesting idea and to be honest I don't know if I like it or not :smiley:

The good thing is, like you said, that it means everyone get to play missions at a suitable difficulty. On the other hand, it means there is less co-operation between players, as each player can do their own thing. There is obviously still some coordination required as you need to organize how to finish all nodes, but definitely less than how it is now.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Was spitballing with the gang and these two ideas came up.

No doubt there's better Solutions out there but I thought I'd share anyway.

• MrChrisMrChris Member Posts: 175
    edited February 11
    #1 it kills a big part of tactics. It's an additional fun, when we have to cooperate and unlock optimal path, distribute tasks, etc.. Otherwise there can be teams with 5 best people from guild, who will do all top locations - F, E, D, top of C, eventually some bonus and on other site will be team doing only B and A path.
    However, I think there may be reasonable solution. For example, top player starts from D4 and D5 to not waste time and have more of it to heal in hospital. Meanwhile, weaker players will be doing path for those locations. Because. Bonus for finishing location will count only for locations with unlocked path.
    Example. You've done D5 and you earned all points beside bonus for finishing whole location. If your team will fail and will not finish D4, you won't receive this bonus. It will save time of best players and will not remove tactical part.

#2 I like that idea. At hard locations people will receive X VP and RP, but at normal X-20% for example. However, what if people will be able to do all missions but one, because it's spiked or lot of zombies per round... or both? I think level should be set up with first mission. If you do it on normal mode, whole location will be normal. if you do it hard, whole will be hard.
    Husaria guild member.
    Line ID mrChris1990.
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 554
    edited February 12
    Ok, I have made up my mind about this.

The 25 missions per player combined with the issue that you don't know anything about the upcoming mission (which means you won't take too much risk) means that there actually is a shortage of missions. I tried a lvl 40 mission on 5-D which felt impossible ("find the clue" with several of the boxes blocked by walkers in cramped hallways AND a 4 round gate) so ended up doing 2-B instead, as everything in between already was done. So definitely in favour of opening the whole map or having a normal/hard toggle on the missions.

EDIT: At least allow movement also upwards in the map. Now you can only move from 3-C to 4-C and 4-D but not to 4-B. This sucks, as the end nodes of the B-line would be interesting to many players, but that require you to clear the lov value starting nodes of the B-line.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    SCBMAATLAS-Z
    I never did tag @Vane

romeo