New Update Discussion

So how will the herd feature work? What’s stopping us from using scouts passing each walker and making them the herd and hitting the exit?

Is the new weapon just like the previous assault?

Really like the grid and badge update
PasteJankelhuskersoxfanBurmeliinisWellyLugaDanski_46romeo

Comments

• MrChrisMrChris Member Posts: 175
    I like the Tara boost. Used to be my first shooter choice... Because of being first available shooter :-)

Wanted Beta much more than Alpha. However, had hope it will be bruiser.
    With scouts it was my first thought. Think there will be limits like 3 zombies herd and +1 for each level above 5th - for each pink star.
    Husaria guild member.
    Line ID mrChris1990.
    huskersoxfanromeo
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 681
    So Beta's trait sounds like a real gold drainer. I guess there is some % chance involved, so either it works and you get 3 stars, or it doesn't and you end up struggling. If it would always work it sounds like all missions with only regular walkers turn into a walk in the park.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    psychwolf
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 681
    "Tara's leader trait helping out with challenge stars and hospital healing". So if you get bruised but heal it up to non-bruised with Tara's trait you will get 3 stars and no hospital time. Nice!
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Belgarathpsychwolfambience
  • imnfictionimnfiction Member Posts: 206
    Wonder how Beta’s trait will work for Daryl and vice versa.

The news about badge management improvement are great!
    My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
    imnfiction#8607 on Discord.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,599
    My guess is that the herded status effect will only last for one turn. So run past, 2 walkers, they follow you, then next turn you either have to run past them again or kill them.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,526
    edited February 13

So Beta's trait sounds like a real gold drainer. I guess there is some % chance involved, so either it works and you get 3 stars, or it doesn't and you end up struggling. If it would always work it sounds like all missions with only regular walkers turn into a walk in the park.

From what I understood the herded part worked regardless, it was the charge point that was chance based. What I would be interested to know is whether they stay herded after that turn or for the rest of the mission. If for the rest of the mission it sounds like an incredible trait for your open crates and get to the finish missions. You could have Beta opening crates whilst 2 scouts zoom back and forth across the map herding up walkers :lol:
    MrChris said:

I like the Tara boost. Used to be my first shooter choice... Because of being first available shooter :-)

Wanted Beta much more than Alpha. However, had hope it will be bruiser.

With scouts it was my first thought. Think there will be limits like 3 zombies herd and +1 for each level above 5th - for each pink star.

Every time I think of Tara's LT I can't help but think how much a waste it is on a shooter class. It would be incredible on a bruiser hero.
    Reeconn
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 129
    @Vane - Update 3.7 and 3.8 - will require UPDATE Council?

New suggestion: 10 complete sets, including weapons and jacket -
    Some challenges require changing weapons and a jacket before starting each mission due to the diverse opponents
  • DaiikoDaiiko Member Posts: 112
    C'est bien tout ça mais! Je me demande quand il vont mettre les nouveaux traits pour les avoir en badges "VISÉE CRITIQUE et "ENCHAÎNEMENT" !!!!
    wauwauwiwareekookrPaste
  • MrChrisMrChris Member Posts: 175
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > Every time I think of Tara's LT I can't help but think how much a waste it is on a shooter class. It would be incredible on a bruiser hero.

I think it would be too powerful. But yes, at shooter it's a bit waste. However patch isn't released yet, but I already think about team Tara + Morgan + some bruiser.

> @Burmeliinis said:
    > So Beta's trait sounds like a real gold drainer. I guess there is some % chance involved, so either it works and you get 3 stars, or it doesn't and you end up struggling. If it would always work it sounds like all missions with only regular walkers turn into a walk in the park.

It will 100% like with Daryl's trait. Otherwise it would s**k hard. Very hard.

About herded status I wonder it will be on until you do some reaction like attack or open gate/stashes.
    Husaria guild member.
    Line ID mrChris1990.
  • BelgarathBelgarath Member Posts: 105
    I like the news on Tara's trait!

As for the "herding" i too am interested to find out how long it will last...
    Also, with Beta in the lead, what would happen if Scout Daryll is used as well? He zooms past, they are herded but also attacked...
    Does attacking a herded walker break the "spell"?
    ShadowWalkerCarl_Tyreese999
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 348
    I agree with @MrChris since in the show any action other than walking would alert the heard.
    Part of the MAVERICKS Guild Family
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 721
    If Beta is in lead I assume his LT only applies to melee? Could be awesome with Sasha... charged super fast!
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 636
    I hope Beta's trait will work with ranged, melee don't really need another exclusive hero.
    edited February 13
    > @MrChris said:
    > > @WellyLuga said:
    > > Every time I think of Tara's LT I can't help but think how much a waste it is on a shooter class. It would be incredible on a bruiser hero.
    >
    > I think it would be too powerful. But yes, at shooter it's a bit waste. However patch isn't released yet, but I already think about team Tara + Morgan + some bruiser.

I think it would've been better if perhaps Healing Charge also healed adjacent survivors. Perhaps by half of what it would heal you? For example, I believe my Tara's LT heals 28% of her health, so if she was next to a bruiser or two, she could heal them by 14% of her health. This way glass cannons could take advantage of her LT ability as well, by assisting your tanks. However, since we already got these improvements, I doubt they will add on more to her.

I will certainly enjoy Tara's LT buff from a star/gold perspective, but from a strategy point I think it kind of cheapens the game. I can take hits now and just charge up and heal before leaving a mission. Obviously that won't be the case for much higher levels, and maybe certain types of missions, but I can see people just waiting around at the end of a mission to just charge up and heal again.

Edit:

I do appreciate NG listening to us and buffing Tara in some way. Hopefully they can work on some other heroes soon. Looking at you Jerry, Ezekiel, Negan and Governor.
    Rouvinator
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 492
    My predictions regarding One With The Herd:
    * It is only for Beta; it does not convey to others (similar to Governor's Leader Trait, it won't have an "As leader..." clause).
    * Only Wandering or Unaware Zs can gain the Herded status.
    * Any action other than a Walk--by any character in range of Herded Zs--will break the Herded condition. Make a full move, attack anything, interact with anything = the Zs that are in range, Herded or otherwise, switch to Aggressive.

What will be the point of herding? I suppose, to drag Zs away from a door, to unlock it, and then make a dash for the exit...?
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,580
    @ShadowWalker i agree with everyone but governor. His trait doesn’t need buff it’s perfect for his purpose farming. I drag him along when I farm.

Jerry and King both are worthless. King is basically is a warrior and warrior is already weakest class.

With badges Negas has become worthless maybe instead of reduction maybe make it damage? Imagine a bruiser getting hurt and then dealing 12k damage?
  • tjhookrtjhookr Member Posts: 68
    I think if Negans ~20% dr would change to ~20% dodge he would be a viable bruiser option, and still not overpowered
    ShadowWalkerTCBRITO
    > @tjhookr said:
    > I think if Negans ~20% dr would change to ~20% dodge he would be a viable bruiser option, and still not overpowered

Let's add some bullet dodge to that for some good measure. It would make him a decent option against high level Freemen/Whisperers.
    > @Drunken said:
    > @ShadowWalker i agree with everyone but governor. His trait doesn’t need buff it’s perfect for his purpose farming. I drag him along when I farm.

I do use the Governor when farming, but there are some issues with his LT that I highlighted in another post. It's also just kind of disappointing that the first major villain is reduced to scavenging duty. I was never that fond of introducing Alt heroes, but considering the other farmers (Maggie and Glenn) got alt versions, maybe it's fair the Gov gets one too?
    @Artminius you can see in the video that it says having him as leader team mates get this affect. As it doesn’t say just melee I would consider it all classes.
    I would think that even aggressive walkers will be herded too. They aren’t going to make his leader trait that weak!
    SPC_TORRESGrady
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 721
    I'd like the term "passed" defined more clearly. There are plenty of times I think Daryl should prowl when he doesn't.
    mimica
  • booshboosh Member Posts: 363

Is it just me or does this remind you of Breaking Bad?
    MudMoccasinShadowWalkerSPC_TORRESSCBMA
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 492
    Firekid said:

@Artminius you can see in the video that it says having him as leader team mates get this affect. As it doesn’t say just melee I would consider it all classes.

I would think that even aggressive walkers will be herded too. They aren’t going to make his leader trait that weak!

D'oh! I didn't take time to read it closely. :frowning:
    It would be weird for an Aggressive Z to suddenly stop because you walked within biting range!

We'll see. Not enough info even in that screen shot....
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 521
    Hope that Grenade Launcher will prove a game changer in Guild Wars!!!
    SPC_TORRES
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,580
    I doubt it does, really and honestly would be nice to have an assault that did massive damage, but they just aren’t built that way
  • imnfictionimnfiction Member Posts: 206
    Challenge missions Gas cost: permanently reduced by 1 (for all levels). !!!
    My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
    imnfiction#8607 on Discord.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,235
    > @MudMoccasin said:
    > Hope that Grenade Launcher will prove a game changer in Guild Wars!!!

I'm not optimistic. We'll see what kind of damage/traits etc.

It sounds cool, but having a hard time seeing it come if the shelf during "serious play" if it's standard assault fair with different area effect.

Maybe if it has Golden Fall rifle unicorn traits?

Personally I think they should scrap it and go with this instead:

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/42242/assault-weapon-trait-idea-burst-fire#latest

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    edited February 14
    If it has gold incendiary as a trait then it may be really useful...
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,526
    Looks like lethal, piercing and concussion @Firekid @ATLAS-Z. I think it'll be more zweihander than winter bow but should still be fun to use.

ATLAS-Z