How are the top players getting so many weekly challenge stars

How are the top players getting so many weekly challenge stars .

Answers

• imnfictionimnfiction Member Posts: 206
    There are rumors that they have some serious skills and no life...
    My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
    imnfiction#8607 on Discord.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,366
    @Wazza116 join a top global guild and you will soon find out and understand

@psychwolf I can list you a few names that don't spend and kick ass - most doesn't even use gold for healing

@imnfiction having no life is a very important part of the equation! haha
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    TCBRITOToniStoraro
  • Wazza116Wazza116 Member Posts: 10
    Yeah I agree, being glued to the game is one requirement, spending a lot is in most cases another requirement, but some are getting 2600+ each week, what's going on?
    @Wazza116 what's your average weekly?
    My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
    1300 to 1400, I have 1496 this challenge.
    edited February 23
    OK, I’m an avenger F2P player and at the moment have 1915 stars, earned with teams of 1 pink Rick, Daryl, Glenn, Morgan, Eugene, Abe and Sasha. 3 stars till 38 and now struggling around 40 lvl. Spent around 50 gold to heal when I was bored.

So I would expect that more dedicated players with more pink stars on their heroes, better equipment and badges would go much higher, up to 45-50 lvl where they get their 2500+ stars.

And the most dedicated players would go up to 50lvl and higher.. I guess this is how it works.

This is not to mention that tactics in this game does play a lot. There are many videos on YouTube showing some crazy tricks which one doesn’t expect to exist :)

So, what’s surprising?
    Man, your getting a lot from your survivors, and you get more stars than me.
    What's surprising is how I'm lacking in knowledge and skill...
    Does your Guild help you to know about tricks and tactics?
    edited February 23
    Yep, we have a guild channel on discord and we are helping each other by discussing this and that. At the moment, I’m recording videos for my guild mates - so far by sharing we have been able to improve our ratings by +400-500 stars.

Maybe this will help a bit: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw/videos

Also, if you have not done it yet - check JayZ strategy compendium - the guy has done an amazing job on gathering key tips and tricks.
    Wazza116
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 551
    I think it is fair to say that to get to the top (i.e. global top 100) you need to spend a fair amount of gold. In this challenge that means 2400+ points. I have 2216 at the moment, and have spent around 50 gold in total so far on healing (also used the free gas booster from the update). The players that are well above that have 2 things different; firstly they have Eugene at lvl 7, dramatically increasing his dodging. This has a big effect as this challenge is very bruiser-heavy thanks to the charged bruisers boost. The other thing is that the bruiser strategy is still in many ways luck based. You want a good starting setup, luck with stunning and luck with dodging. You might need one try to get past a hard map, or 10 tries if you are less lucky. Top players will spend the gold to get those 10 tries.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Wazza116imnfiction
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,106
    edited February 23
    This subject is much more complex that a simple "lots of spending gets you high score" yes or not. There's no simple answer.

Because on one hand yes it does but on the other not necessarily.
    (both scenarios max player lvl and having best weapons like spear, Daryl's blade, luck concussion rifle)
    Scenario 1. You don't really completely understand the game and didn't get a hold of mechanics entirely and you've spent 5k gold to get 2k stars.
    Scnario 2 you understand the game and the mechanics and you spent 1k gold to get 3.5k stars.
    There's always scenario 3 when there's below 1% or even lower of players where they are beyond understanding and beyond general meta and they can get 3k stars or more with zero gold spent.
    They could get lot money spent to get to that point but again, not necessarily.

There's also a factor of process to getting to the max player lvl which is not a matter of skill but matter of time which money obviously will speed up but that doesn't mean it's impossible without money.

Having the weapons that are increased base damage and available only trough purchase matter as well towards more stars trough money but again, that's not definite for everybody and those weapons often are available trough campaigns that require not a lot spending.

Very little number people can make the most of little but majority needs strong means to chieve that.

So again, no definite answer.
    Wazza116psychwolf
    Yes I agree that no definitive answer can be achieved, there are to many variables to consider.
    I will then restate the question...
    What do most top players do on a consistent basis in order to get to 2500+ stars in the weekly challenge?
  • reekookrreekookr Member Posts: 205
    What about the cheaters also? My guild has one of them
    Refusing to support pay to win games.
    Strategy game where the best strategy is to buy shortcuts with real money
    Cheat? By throwing money at the game?
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,802
    I'll go with @bladgier scenario #2 is mostly what's happening.

Scenario #3 could happen on some challenges but not most.

There's always a mission or two that no matter how good your strategy and skills it's going to require a great deal of luck regarding spawns crates etc to get through the mission. So in these missions it stands to reason the more attempts you have (pumping gold) the more chance you'll get through.

If your looking to be a player that can crack 2600 you should be able to finish every version of the hard distance in your sleep. If you can't do that yet that's where you need to start improving your play. The rewards you earn there every week add up and will also help reinforce your team and give them a better chance to push in the highest difficulties.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    Wazza116