Instead of limiting attacks, maybe limit number of missions that each player can win?

Again, the biggest problem I have with the new version of GW is that it encourages you to play it safe. I find this incredibly boring. I want to push on and try higher level maps, but the current format discourages that because every loss hurts your team.

How about this:
- Every player in a battle can make up to 25 free attacks.
- Additional attacks above 25 cost red gas.
- Every player in a battle is limited to winning 25 missions.

So if a player wants to spend red gas and try the toughest missions over and over, they can do so without their losses hurting the team. Players can play how they want, NG makes $ from red gas and healing. Win-win.

psychwolfKarajocaambience

Comments

• PastePaste Member Posts: 330
    Not win-win. It makes it more p2w. I like it better now. Agree it encourages you to play safe though.
    ambience
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 836
    I say we get 2 or 3 mulligans per battle, we lose a battle it gives us the option to redo without costing a new key.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & 6DR Transition Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 147
    Just forget about Red Gas! That thing shouldn't be introduced to the game at all.We all lost a bunch of it, so what? Some players who were, well, i will just say STUPID to buy it, need to get something back for purchase, all others got it for free so nothing is lost!

I do agree though that it makes you play it safe. Having few mission repeats, what is talked in other thread, is best way to improve it IMO. (Free repeats of course!)
    SCBMA
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 271
    psychwolf said:

It's a gamble because you have no idea what mission you're going into. I've tried 40+ missions that were easy and some that seemed impossible. I agree it's too much of a gamble to suffer a loss for your team. All they need to do is add a mission description.

The descriptions would be very helpful - no argument. But at 40+ aren't there basically only 2 types of levels: Kill all Walkers and Everything Else?
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 271
    Billbam said:

I say we get 2 or 3 mulligans per battle, we lose a battle it gives us the option to redo without costing a new key.

Karajoca said:

...Having few mission repeats, what is talked in other thread, is best way to improve it IMO. (Free repeats of course!)

We need to be careful what we ask for. Mission repeats or redos aren't really a good solution to the problem. Suppose you try a L42 map and get so badly slaughtered it is obvious you have practically no chance at winning it. You don't really want to use repeats / redos to try that map again. So the end result is still that you wasted an attack; so the incentive to play it safe is still present.

We need to be able to lose a few maps and not have them count against us at all. (I call them Saves in my other thread.) Then we could try a map, lose, and abandon it completely without wasting an attack.
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 330
    edited March 3
    I'm not against that, if it's the same for everyone. Don't think the sum of attacks + "saves" should be higher than 25 though. 25 is already too much imo. 21 attacks and 3 saves would be better than now imo.
    TCBRITOmaku11