A Simple Solution to Alpha's LT bug

For those of you who are unaware, Alpha is suppose to give you an extra movement if she gets a body shot with her attack. However, for some reason it doesn't work all the time. Personally I believe relying on a body shot isn't that great of an ability especially since the first part of Alpha's LT decreases the chance of getting a body shot.

I think it would be much better if NG just changes it to if you don't move when you attack you get an extra movement afterwards. Basically how tactical and the winter bow works. As far as I am aware there are no glitches with Tactical, and considering melee units and shooters (with Winter Bow) have access to this ability, I see no reason why assault and hunters shouldn't have the chance to use this ability as well. It's also a better ability overall because players can actually control if they want to activate it rather than relying on luck.

It will also help close the gap between regular shooter weapons and the Winter Bow which basically has 5 traits. For example if I put Alpha in the lead and play a map with no threat counter then maybe I would consider a shooter weapon that had Point Blank Shot, or I might even buy the scoped pistol and use that.

So to sum it up if NG implements this idea:
1. No glitches.
2. More reliable ability overall.
3. All classes have access to the "tactical movement" ability.
4. More Shooter weapons can compete against Winter Bow.

Thank you for time.

Comments

• jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 308
    Maybe just my preference, but if the trait worked as advertised, I would prefer to keep it as is. I like the idea of reduced the chance of a body shot and giving you a way out if you miss. Just fix the trait and I'm good.
    ShadowWalker
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 500
    I agree if it worked as advertised it would be fine, but it can take a while before NG properly fixes bugs so who knows when that will be? This is something that I assume could be easily implemented since it already exists in other parts of the game. Also, like I said it's entirely luck based on getting a body shot. I could attack 6 or 8 walkers and think I'll get a body shot, but then I get all regular attacks and then Alpha gets in a struggle because she couldn't run away. Unlikely to happen when attacking that many, but still a possiblity.
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 353
    Personally, I like the trait as it is, NG just should prioritize a fix for next update
    Troublemaker
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 714
    We're going to look into this now (the fix, not the change), and hopefully it'll be in by next update!
    ShadowWalkerTroublemakerZarf
This discussion has been closed.