Overpowered opponents

I can't understand how the random opponent matching works at all! My guild is a middle ranked guild with most of our players heroes at 6 to 7 stars. This GW we've pretty well almost always been matched against guids with 8 to 10 star heros! This GW so far we've reached bronze 3 with only one victory. We're now facing bronze 1 teams filled with 9 or 10 star heroes!! How is it even possible for a guild with all strong players to only be bronze 1????
maku11JLCZetteNezoRaven2318

Comments

• JLCJLC Member Posts: 33
    My guild is having the same problem with being matched with guilds of much higher rank. Four days in a row we’ve been vastly outmatched. My guild does 21K-22K per challenge, nowhere near being on the US leaderboard, but twice this war we’ve been matched with guilds on the US leaderboard that make 31K.

NG, please tell us how guild matching works.
    ZetteNezoDaleMRaven2318
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 611
    I have gone against 4 star opponents at times and it is not that bad have a tank abe in lead and 2 shooters and snipe away Carl is the worse to go against.
    Fester17
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 611
    @ADPaq I get it makes sense lots of it.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,186
    10 star heros and survivors shouldn't make much difference (unfortunately) if you win or lose, since opponents bot troops don't have badges.

The matching system matches your level. That is the numerical value level of your team. Not their star rating.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    romeo
  • maku11maku11 Member Posts: 60
    edited March 2020
    My guild had 4500 opponent yesterday and 2000 opponent today.
    Big difference.
    Our average score is around 4200.
    Nezo
  • KriegKrieg Member Posts: 304
    I think the problem with the Match Making is that there is no 'matching' when doing the 'making'..... :(

@Fluxxx
    ADPaqRaven2318
  • imnfictionimnfiction Member Posts: 206
    edited March 2020
    Not sure yet how I'm supposed to face this. I'm silver 1.
    @Grendel

// update: forget about the above. My 1 Star Eugene, Glenn and Morgan totally massacred these guys. The bots have no brain, badges and don’t use charge attacks. They have no chance, regardless of their equipment and stats.

Nice setup though.
    My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
    imnfiction#8607 on Discord.
    ATLAS-ZGrady
  • Survivor_SheilaSurvivor_Sheila Member Posts: 14
    We are getting matched against enemies that are much stronger than our guild. There's no way to win which just makes us so frustrated. :(
    Raven2318romeo
  • QueenOTDQueenOTD Member Posts: 189
    I think they are matching according to the wins your guild has .. So, if you have a higher wining percentage they match you against stronger guilds🥺
    Looking for a guild?
    Do you think you can handle the brothel life?
    Join the bad guys on NML: Negans brothel 😈
    Our minimum is 1000 stars
    Guild wars participation
    Current status: looking for a player
    Message me if you're interested!

• JLCJLC Member Posts: 33
    I don’t think it has to do with the number of wins. Out of the last 9 battles my guild has played, we lost 8 of them since we keep getting matched with these much stronger guilds.

Yesterday we played against a guild that’s on the global leaderboard. We didn’t stand a chance. My guild is made up of mostly lvl 72 - lvl 74 players. We range from 600 to 1500 stars in the challenge. We are by no means a hardcore guild, but we keep getting matched with hardcore guilds in GW.

Hopefully this is being addressed by NG. Both guilds playing should stand a chance of winning. It’s a bummer when you see your opponent on the leaderboards and you know you’ve already lost before any points are on the board.
    Raven2318
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 779
    edited March 2020
    Maybe matching is in part based on player levels then? You have high player levels, so you get matched with other teams with high levels, of which some are very high rank?

I don't think that would be unfair of them btw. Matching is obviously hard and if they match top guild only with other top guilds then gaining rank as a guild would be mostly negative.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 305

Not sure yet how I'm supposed to face this. I'm silver 1.
    @Grendel

// update: forget about the above. My 1 Star Eugene, Glenn and Morgan totally massacred these guys. The bots have no brain, badges and don’t use charge attacks. They have no chance, regardless of their equipment and stats.

Nice setup though.

Ironically, Morgan, Glenn, and Eugene is the same combo I use to massacre human players.

The human maps really are ridiculously easy. I rush in with Morgan as leader and deliberately let the enemy hit me to charge up the team. Then it's over within 2 turns.
    imnfictionSCBMAromeo
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    Grendel said:

Ironically, Morgan, Glenn, and Eugene is the same combo I use to massacre human players.

It's like rain on your wedding day.
    Grendel
  • swydswydswydswyd Member Posts: 2
    #Fluxxx How about some insight here, I thought my Guild was pretty strong these days but even with scores over 3000 or even over 3500 we still get beat every time starting to be no point or no fun.
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    I think most of opponent players have their superior players going to guild wars
    Most likely 72+ level player
    No surprise though because they can plow through this guild wars
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 986
    swydswyd said:

#Fluxxx How about some insight here, I thought my Guild was pretty strong these days but even with scores over 3000 or even over 3500 we still get beat every time starting to be no point or no fun.

At the moment there is no matching, so you can meet any guild, a top 10 global guild or a less good guild. But my impression also is that the crappy guilds don't play GW at all, and since the game has been out for a long time there are a lot of guilds filled with maxed out players. With the new system of 25 attacks it's not that hard to get between 3500-4000 points. Above 4000 will often result in a win and above 4500 almost guarantees a win (and obviously there are exceptions).
    Ingame username: Jubjab