Spear/Pitchfork please, FTP already have Musket

@Fluxxx judging by the way things are going with the featured weapons in the trade shop I'm expecting to see the bayonet musket appear any day.

I'm hoping I'm wrong because free-to-play players already have the musket if they've been around for a little bit.

I'm asking you for myself my junior account and my guild members that are free to play and they all want the spear or the Pitchfork and seemed willing to dump the thousand gold to get it.

So like the title says pretty please can we get one of those and not the musket?

Thanks

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
Our page :
https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
imnfictionHomelessMattyTCBRITOShadowWalkerDanski_46aquilaADPaqvshield50Pic

Comments

• HomelessMattyHomelessMatty Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Even in the next guild shop reset after this war would be great
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 611
    I would do the 1k gold for a staff or spear. Remember for f2p it's not that hard to rack up 1k gold. I will start not spending gold now in Hope's of spear or staff.
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 983
    Another Dragon Tongue would be great, too. Would spend 1000 gold on that.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 874
    While we are on the subject of the Musket, would it be possible to upgrade this weapon like NG did with the Dragon's Tongue, Zweihander, and RPG?

I have always felt reaching 3 charge points as opposed to 2, like every other scout weapon, made this weapon rather lackluster, especially compared to spears. I get the logic that it's a hunter type charge attack so it costs 3, however hunters can potentially kill more than 3 walkers in a turn and charge up. Scouts on the other hand can take up to 3 turns to charge up if SS or Charging don't activate. You could use Prowl to potentially get more kills and charge up faster, so it's a decent weapon in Daryl's hand. However, I pretty much only use it during charged scout weeks.
    > @PigBenis said:
    > I think it's balanced as is. I use it on a 3rd scout with HD leading and SS triggers quite often for me.

I mean if it's only used on a third scout with a specific hero in lead I would say it's more of a niche weapon. Balance would mean I could seriously consider using it instead of a spear, threat reduction knife or any other weapon depending on the map and strategy I want to use. Besides when has this community settled for balanced? We basically forced NG to make the Dragon's Tongue the best overall Warrior weapon, and some people are already complaining about the Decimator before we even get our hands on it :D
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 296
    It’s the chainsaw for warrior today anyone use that ?
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Amazon’s 
  • BelgarathBelgarath Member Posts: 105
    I have one, it is great vs Freemen and Human bosses in Guild Wars, not much use otherwise...
    ATLAS-Z
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,178
    Shreds humans and high level walkers.

Downside is normal attack has no Arc, charge attack hits twice but no 1/2 action point typical for warriors, itmakes noise and takes three points to charge.

So the cons outweigh the pros... but I still love my chainsaw and I use it whenever I can. That's just not very often

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
    BelgarathGrady
    Does it make noise during prowl attacks?
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,014

Does it make noise during prowl attacks?

Nope
    ShadowWalker
    edited March 2020
    Hmm, I would be interested in a Chainsaw just to stick on Beta for fun, but since I only have 1200 gold I will only spend it on a Dragon's Tongue, Staff, Spear (preferably Tactical) or Devil's Torch. If none of those appear then I will just see what the weapon is on the last day.
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 680
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > Shreds humans and high level walkers.
    >
    > Downside is normal attack has no Arc, charge attack hits twice but no 1/2 action point typical for warriors, itmakes noise and takes three points to charge.
    >
    > So the cons outweigh the pros... but I still love my chainsaw and I use it whenever I can. That's just not very often
    >

Shreds high level walkers?
    > @Steeboon said:
    > > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > > Shreds humans and high level walkers.
    > >
    > > Downside is normal attack has no Arc, charge attack hits twice but no 1/2 action point typical for warriors, itmakes noise and takes three points to charge.
    > >
    > > So the cons outweigh the pros... but I still love my chainsaw and I use it whenever I can. That's just not very often
    > >
    >
    > Shreds high level walkers?

Yes. I need to record some more. This is old...

Our page :

Send me a PM
    @Firekid have you every seen PigBenis and Drunken in the same room together...?

***Looks around suspiciously***

Could they be....

Our page :

Send me a PM
    imnfictionFirekid
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 680
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > > @Steeboon said:
    > > > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > > > Shreds humans and high level walkers.
    > > >
    > > > Downside is normal attack has no Arc, charge attack hits twice but no 1/2 action point typical for warriors, itmakes noise and takes three points to charge.
    > > >
    > > > So the cons outweigh the pros... but I still love my chainsaw and I use it whenever I can. That's just not very often
    > > >
    > >
    > > Shreds high level walkers?
    >
    > Yes. I need to record some more. This is old...
    >
    >

Oh ok so it's just dealing high damage instead of instant kill. Thanks!
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 221
    I can't remember does the spear gun have any special traits? I don't understand why they won't let you select the weapon they want us to spend 1000 gold on so we can see the details up close and personal.
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 779
    Silver charging, gold destructive, gold piercing @Marcus6253, but what you might means is special functionality, which is "Fires a short-range projectile that hits several enemies in a line" (like hunters).
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    ShadowWalkerATLAS-Z
    Yes and like Hunter, it fires only once, no free shot like normal handguns.

Our page :

Send me a PM
    Paste
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,358
    @Paste usually for gear that you purchase, you can click on it and see the special attack and the description.

Kind of like this:

• PastePaste Member Posts: 779
    edited March 2020
    That's what I did @zbot, but from my workshop. I have it already (rare with different traits) from unlocking Hilltop Maggie late. Marcus was the guy who asked the question though, but the reason he did is that you can't do that with the weapons in this campaign.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89

@zbot you mean like this?

Our page :

Send me a PM
    TJCart
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    @Marcus6253 You have to click on the weapon in the shop. Don't worry, even though it has the 1000 gold price on the button, it will take you to the info screen that @ATLAS-Z just posted above. If you click the "Buy" button on that screen, then you will spend the 1000 gold and receive the weapon.

I do agree that the UI is a little misleading in that it appears you'll buy the weapon immediately from the shop screen, just like any other purchase. I don't want to put the UI guy on the NG team out of a job by continually complaining, but I still think that they have room for improvement in this area overall.
    ATLAS-Z
    edited March 2020
    TJCart said:

I do agree that the UI is a little misleading in that it appears you'll buy the weapon immediately from the shop screen, just like any other purchase.

Like any other purchase??

B);)

Trade shop gear has always worked like that.

Our page :

Send me a PM
    TJCart
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,358
    @Paste @ATLAS-Z yup, sorry I already bought it so I couldn't take a screen shot of it, since @Marcus6253 mentioned couldn't select it to see the special trait, I thought something was off.
    ATLAS-ZPaste
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2020
    Oh, guess I've never bought a weapon from the TG shop. Fine. Like any other purchase that I've made :p lol

EDIT: Although I still feel that these menu inconsistencies reinforce how UI navigation is unintuitive in other areas of the game, like GW.
    ATLAS-ZPaste