The Decimator

Great weapon for scavenging!
GovernatorArtminiusglenlivesDeathwish19

Comments

• Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 219
    Even better at outpost raids, stuns for two turns with wide range of attack. Works on defenders and shreds walkers.
    Governator
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 827
    It's definitely a good weapon. I think a lot of people were hesitant as it has piercing and creates a lot of threat, but it does shine in many maps. The possibility to place the target and that it hits around corners makes it better than the golden assault rifle on many occasions - without making the golden rifle obsolete. So great work, NG!
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    glenlivesDanski_46
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,746
    Yeah it's really fun and I'm enjoying using it. I think sometimes what works well at 40+ in the challenge overrides what is fun to use in the other game modes.
  • EngAamieEngAamie Member Posts: 77
    edited March 2020
    i tried it with abe, get bodyshot point with sasha, but it doesn't work with sasha....? why?
    i think its of no use then,.
    only can be used for scavenges or outpost....
    not good.....
    TheKing
    EngAamie said:

i tried it with abe, get bodyshot point with sasha, but it doesn't work with sasha....? why?
    not good.....

not sure what you mean? please clarify.
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 725
    What assault (and traits) is everyone giving this weapon to? I keep going between an purely offensive assault to my standard defensive assault and it just doesnt quite feel right on either.
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 489
    edited March 2020
    I really think I’ll mainly be scavenging with it. I’ll take golden assault rifle all day over this.

Scavenging with it is pretty sweet though and I have it on my offensive Abe. 3 damage 3 CD badges.
    Zette
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 497
    All scavenge all day! I just get a thrill from it. :grin:

Plus, I prefer the extra threat. Makes it easier to ramp up the spawn.

Something I was thinking about its mechanic, though.... I will post about in its own thread. :wink:
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,746
    edited March 2020
    > @Deadheads said:
    > What assault (and traits) is everyone giving this weapon to? I keep going between an purely offensive assault to my standard defensive assault and it just doesnt quite feel right on either.

Agreed. I think it would need the increased damage and charge damage in place of concussion to be best in class for an offensive assault and piercing replaced by lucky to be optimal for a defensive assault.

But that's strictly to make it viable at high level in the challenge.
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 725
    I would scavenge with it but still use LMG on gov since it does way more damage. oh well...
    psychwolfSPC_TORRES
  • EngAamieEngAamie Member Posts: 77

EngAamie said:

not good.....

hmm, when sasha is in lead, u get a charge point for a bodyshot ok, i gave the launcher to abe in distance mode vs lvl 41 walkers, but abe didnt get any charge point from the bodyshot attacks, so in that perspective this aint good weapon to work with sashas lt....
    CaptainslayerZette
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,257
    I use it on Scavenge Missions and Outpost Raids and I love it! If you put Hilltop Maggie in the lead in Outposts, it’s awesome to get an extra grenade attack on special walkers and humans. It’s not a Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40-Watt Range, but it’s just as fun! :sunglasses:
    SPC_TORRES
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 576
    Just used it on an outpost raid. No flash/bang like there is when scavenging.
    sborg said:

Just used it on an outpost raid. No flash/bang like there is when scavenging.

Edited to say, the flash/bang seems to depend on the outpost map.
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    +1 for scavenging. With the Decimator on the Governor in lead and Maggie tagging along with the Festive Shotgun--both wearing Training Gear--I'm making bank on scavenge missions, especially on this Tomato Monday.
    EngAamie said:

EngAamie said:

not good.....

hmm, when sasha is in lead, u get a charge point for a bodyshot ok, i gave the launcher to abe in distance mode vs lvl 41 walkers, but abe didnt get any charge point from the bodyshot attacks, so in that perspective this aint good weapon to work with sashas lt....
    It does most certainly work so I think you just had bad luck. Note however that it has piercing, so 30% of the hits won't be bodyshots and therefore can't ramp up charge points.
    jimmorrison369
  • glenlivesglenlives Member Posts: 39
    Great Weapon , I Gave it Rosita and she Kicks Ass 😃
    I didn't get a screen print to show this, but I just used the Decimator on an outpost raid and found that a blast that occurred outside the outpost wall damaged a defender inside. Great weapon!
    psychwolfSCBMAjimmorrison369GovernatorArtminius
  • ManselleManselle Member Posts: 49
    I love using the Decimator, especially on Through the wire.. the advantage it has over the golden assault riffle is that it hits a lot of targets while maintaining a safer distance for my assaults amd the walkers.. I also agree that it is great for scavenging, gave it to Gov (badged with dmg and dr) and he kills all walkers without problem.
    ShadowWalkerBurmeliinis
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,265
    > @Burmeliinis said:
    > (Quote)
    > It does most certainly work so I think you just had bad luck. Note however that it has piercing, so 30% of the hits won't be bodyshots and therefore can't ramp up charge points.

Can’t wait for the version with lucky in place of piercing ( @Fluxxx ).
    SPC_TORRESSCBMA