BETA Leadership Trait

SEMTEXSEMTEX Member Posts: 6
His leadership trait sounds great in theory, but after using him in game for a few rounds, his ability to herd walkers is pretty pointless. Anyone else feel the same? I feel he would be a better leader with a different trait. He's damn near impossible to kill in the show. His leader trait should be something like enhanced strength and health. Just raw power, like the monster he is.
Carl_Tyreese999Pic

Comments

• SEMTEXSEMTEX Member Posts: 6
    Each member of the team with Beta as the leader can only herd one walker at a time. It makes the level more congested than it needs to be at times.
    Carl_Tyreese999Pic
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,465
    SEMTEX said:

Each member of the team with Beta as the leader can only herd one walker at a time.

That is just factually untrue. I literally herded multiple walkers in the video posted right above this. You need to be strategic about when you herd and when you take advantage of your positioning and try to kill.
    ShadowWalkerSCBMAvshield50Carl_Tyreese999
    I think you misread what I mean, apologies. Each hero only passes one walker and herding one walker. For example, if you are moving Beta and try to pass three walkers in a row, only one of them will become herded.
    ShadowWalkerSCBMAimnfictionTJCartavelardezxbamfxPMTTheKing
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 544
    edited March 25
    > @SEMTEX said:
    > I think you misread what I mean, apologies. Each hero only passes one walker and herding one walker. For example, if you are moving Beta and try to pass three walkers in a row, only one of them will become herded.

Dude...

@JayZ literally herded 3 walkers at the same time like 30 secs into that video.
    SCBMADrhooCipprineluPic
    Whoops! Missed that...lmao. Guess I'll just have to keep working with him then.
    ShadowWalkerSCBMAPicSarge_
    I do agree that the circles under their feet should be orange though. It gets confusing when you can't remember which ones you've herded.
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 413
    Do herded walkers only ignore Beta or do they ignore all 3 heroes?
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 483
    edited March 26
    > @LoneWanderer360 said:
    > Do herded walkers only ignore Beta or do they ignore all 3 heroes?

Looks like they ignore everyone else because they focus in on following whoever herded them.

Makes it nice if your survivor has powerstrike. It sets them up for a big hit.

Makes sense that it doesn’t stack with daryls prowl but dang that could’ve been fun lol
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,253
    edited March 26
    > @SEMTEX said:
    > I think you misread what I mean, apologies. Each hero only passes one walker and herding one walker. For example, if you are moving Beta and try to pass three walkers in a row, only one of them will become herded.

This is not correct. Not sure if you are using him correctly. Put him in the lead and use scouts. Don’t use HD because he will negate the trait as he prowls next to a walker who is herded. He is a good addition to bring in some great tactics to be had.
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,167
    Lol this thread clearly shows why heroes like beta and HD need to be in this game 😆
    avelardezAngelspitPicCipprinelu
  • Carl_Tyreese999Carl_Tyreese999 Member Posts: 37
    > @JayZ said:
    > I respectfully disagree. I think he is an absolute game changer once people figure out how to use him. I can already see uses for him in high levels of GW where constant spawns can easily overwhelm a team trying to dash to the exit.
    >
    > Here's a video of me experimenting with Beta. It's not pretty - it was literally the first time I had used him - but it shows some viable strategies with him.
    >
    >
    >
    > My main criticism is that it would be great if the circle that lights up underneath walkers is orange or some other distinct color, so I don't confuse it for a Prowl.

@JayZ I love your videos and i use you as a heavy reference for my own survivors, Ik you dont have much experience to make a strat with Beta yet but can you give me some advice? Im already going to use the Dragon's Tongue on him and i got good armor, ive also saved up 1000 radios for when the call comes out. But can you tell me how to Badge him? Also any other tips in general.
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 282
    edited March 27
    This is the best Beta strategy I've come up with so far:
    1) Treat him like a bruiser. Badge and equip him as defensively as possible. Max damage reduction, max health, dodge, hazard suit, etc.
    2) Give him a weapon with tactical.
    3) Make him leader of a team with two bruisers with tactical weapons.

Use this team for high-level stun-and-run missions. (Get to the exit, open crates, etc.) The idea is the bruisers can try to stun first, then using Tactical have a chance to herd unstunned walkers as they move towards the objective.

I'm thinking the traits would be Ruthless, Iron Skin, Dodge, and Lucky.

I appreciate any input.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,007
    I'd rather give him the dragon's tongue, make him a powerhouse to attack protected by bruisers. Powerstrike will hit hard when walkers follow but don't attack

I'd rather give him the dragon's tongue, make him a powerhouse to attack protected by bruisers. Powerstrike will hit hard when walkers follow but don't attack

Is that viable at L40+? (I never use warriors; not as tough as a bruiser, don't do as much damage as a scout. So I'm probably missing something.)
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,465
    edited March 27
    I think everyone universally agrees that the Dragon's Tongue is the best weapon for him. it does awesome damage and the Tactical trait gives DR and extra movement.

I've seen three different approaches to badging and using him. I still think it's too early in the game to decide which is most effective.

1. Badge him full offense - when he's not herding (or before he herds), he can do some massive amounts of damage with his charge attack (which should hopefully charge quickly because of his LT).
    2. Badge him full defense - gives him extra tanking power when herding.
    3. Badge him balanced - best for level 41-43 GW maps. The two options above are more extreme and more important for end-gamers. This allows a bit more flexibility.

I'll try to share videos my friends have posted using him. My video above wasn't great, but I've seen some cool ones using Beta on Line!

Edit: Oh, and I think Rick with Tactical Spear is a fantastic survivor to pair with Beta. His extended range can herd more walkers, and his charge attack can do massive damage and help with crowd control.
    PandreqCarl_Tyreese999
  • mack22mack22 Member Posts: 1,254
    Is it just me or does anybody else have a hankering to binge watch Breaking Bad right now?

SCBMAVaneShadowWalkerSPC_TORRES
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,253
    edited March 28
    This is my use of him. GW is going to make him great then after this war NG will nerf him. That’s my opinion.
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 122
    JayZ said:

From Busta (DTP)

At 1:13 of the video, why didn't this walker attack Rick after it moved toward him?

psychwolfShadowWalker
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,007
    edited March 28
    @Grady
    Because Glenn was closer. (Before the walker started moving)
    vshield50ShadowWalkerManselle
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,141
    Beta is awesome!!
    This is my first game with Bet in Locker Room 41. My Beta is still epic and my game went better than playing with Daryl lead! :)

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    ShadowWalkeravelardezCarl_Tyreese999mack22
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 122

@Grady

Because Glenn was closer. (Before the walker started moving)

Wow, so since Glenn was closer, the walker marked in yellow (and the one on the right of it) would just ignore Rick since they will try to get to Glenn only? That's very interesting to know. Can that be reliably used to avoid getting hit?
    jimmorrison369
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,186
    This was one of my first attempts with Beta. Recording starts after the first move or two. A bit like having to learn to prowl when HDaryl first came out.

GradySCBMAShadowWalker
    I am seeing some potential with Tank Beta + 2 Bruisers. When the charging percentages get higher, I think short moves to charge bruisers followed by a charge attack will be effective.

It would be really helpful if walkers who are engaged in a struggle could be herded.
    Pandreq
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 772
    Cronus said:

This was one of my first attempts with Beta. Recording starts after the first move or two. A bit like having to learn to prowl when HDaryl first came out.

I like how you posted the video without any mention of Rick being behind the fence :D could you walk me through how that happened?
    SCBMACarl_Tyreese999vshield50
    Fluxxx said:

Cronus said:

I like how you posted the video without any mention of Rick being behind the fence :D could you walk me through how that happened?
    That is actually why I started the recording. Rick was supposed to open the locker he is directly above. When I released he jumped to the back side of the locker. There are also two spots open directly to the left of where Rick is in your screenshot however the only exit path is the middle spot. I posted the video on LINE and feedback I got was those three spots are open above the two lockers so nothing special. The recording was going to be in a Bugs report but other players seemed to notice they could get into those spots and this was not unusual. I was only doing master missions at that level so did not get around to that map again to test it.
    vshield50Grady
    @Fluxxx the three spots identified by the red line. You are not able to exit where the blue arrow is pointing (unfortunately).