What’s with dodging zombies????

Was a bit surprised when the new “fast” zombies also turned out to be gymnasts. I mean how can a zombie dodge? I think this new feature is ridiculous and that it goes against the whole reality that twd exists in. I get it that you need to keep gameplay evolving but put the whisperers back in instead. They can dodge! Am I just overly grumpy or is this something that has annoyed other players as well?
PicZetteADPaqToonyRiotZappa

Comments

• BelgarathBelgarath Member Posts: 105
    edited April 2020
    It is very annoying indeed! They cannot dodge crits i think though (so charge attacks work well)...
    They were inroduced a while back, but it has been some time since we have seen them in the challenge...
    Zette
  • UltraGUltraG Member Posts: 3
    True that!

I haven’t been playing for that long, so first encounter for me.
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,083
    Think of it as... you missing your attacks because they're so fast 😬We were considering changing them a bit, but because the last time they were around there were quite a few important differences we wanted to see how they are in the current meta.
    UltraGShadowWalkerhunter_x
  • UltraGUltraG Member Posts: 3
    I guess I’m just a zombie rule fanatic then 🤘, so I’m much more into the whole slow moving mass kind of threat. Don’t want this to develop into any sort of Umbrella experiment thing. In my humble opinion, let’s stick with the slow walkers (I even consider the tanks a stretch, since fat people (turned zombies) are not automatically strong), and develop other threats in line with the TWD world. I just can’t drop the image of a zombie doing a duck under 😂
    psychwolfShadowWalker
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 382
    @Fluxxx

How do you explain below screen?
    Seems fast walkers can still dodge critical charge attacks.

tjhookr
    I guess the dodge turns the crit into a normal hit?
    So it still hits but is not enough to kill it...
    ShadowWalkerjimmorrison369
    I was referring to below statement.

> @Fluxxx said:
    > The last time around not all classes would hit crits on their charge attack, which allowed Fast Walkers to dodge them

As far as I understand English, it means that crits specially on charge attack should NOT be dodged. It is obvious from the screenshot that the fast walker DID dodge charge attack.
    TJCart
    I take it to mean that the charge attacks of certain classes were not a guaranteed crit and could therefore be dodged, as in miss completely.
    Now they are always a crit, so they cannot miss, but can still be reduced to a normal attack as seen in your screenshot.
    Maybe @Fluxxx can confirm if this is working as intended...
    jimmorrison369
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 623
    These walkers were clearly members of the USA Olympic Dodge Ball Team that went missing in Georgia when the outbreak happened! :p
    TJCartUltraGShadowWalker
  • ladre5ladre5 Member Posts: 152
    One skinny dodged my attack but follow through to a walker next to him killed him so yeah that is possible
    jimmorrison369
    @jimmorrison369 I perfectly understand how dodge works. My concern is regarding information from @Fluxxx l have quoted above, and not how dodge works.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    I was getting worried.

Then to answer to the "ambiguity".

The walker didn't dodge the charge attack.
    It merely reduced a crit to a regular hit.

There is nothing wrong with the English used.
    psychwolf
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,096
    @Fluxxx the ninja zombies have weird movements, yesterday one moved diagonally, then straight and diagonally again to attack my scout who was in p3 instead of Eugene in p2.
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 490
    Yeah I’ve had walkers walk through two of my survivors (which happen to be bruisers), and attack my scout behind them. There was no wall either. He just specifically “chose” my scout. Which mechanically doesn’t make any sense
    Danski_46mack22RiotZappa
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412

Yeah I’ve had walkers walk through two of my survivors (which happen to be bruisers), and attack my scout behind them. There was no wall either. He just specifically “chose” my scout. Which mechanically doesn’t make any sense

In some of the missions, the fast walkers will spawn in a wandering state if you're not close to them. This can lead to some seemingly odd or random pathing compared to their aggressive behavior. If it did that when it was in an aggressive state, then it would really be odd.
    jimmorrison369Danski_46TWDaddiction
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    edited April 2020
    Even with shooter , assault anf hunter it can dodge
    Damn, just wasting my bullet for this asshole zombies
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388

I guess term of "fu$k this particular scout" happened
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 564
    It really is bullshit that we can't move past allies but walkers can. In all game modes.
    RiotZappa
    edited April 2020
    We can walk through allies, just like walkers.
    We can't walk through enemies, just like walkers.

But we can only walk through if the road around them is long or impossible.

• WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 471
    Scout brains smell good.
    SCBMAGovernator
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,178
    edited April 2020
    If it helps you rationalize it, they aren't dodging you're attacks...

... You're just missing.

Like Andrea.

I recommend last time they change the display text from "Dodged" to "Missed" but I confess I haven't been paying close enough attention to see the text this week.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 983
    Several players in our guild made new high scores this week so I would say the fast walkers are good as they are.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,689
    Those fast dodgers!!

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,178
    > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > We can walk through allies, just like walkers.
    > We can't walk through enemies, just like walkers.
    >
    > But we can only walk through if the road around them is long or impossible.

There is one flaw in the game here, but it's always been that way and I'm not sure how much anytime cares... But...

In the event a walker/survivor/raiders/anyone has to move through an ally space, it SHOULD take up 2 movement points. But it doesn't.

As it is now if your path around is long or blocked, you can move through your ally at full movement which is just silly.

Unless you're huge (like me) or tiny, moving through someone's space takes a bit of extra time.

No one bitches about it because often times it's to our advantage, but as soon as the walkers can benefit from it ...WHOAAAA!!???

GET ME THE CRISIS HOTLINE!!!

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    BurmeliinisTJCart
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 564
    I get it that if the space is wide open in front, you can move past allies. I guess I wasn't specific enough.

If an ally in front of you is stunned it seems to be different. Likewise, during this last challenge, I had stunned an entire row of walkers, with landscape blocking the sides, and the walkers in the second row just walked right through. That is specifically what irritated me when I made my post.