Doubling Cheat for GW

Happygilmour11Happygilmour11 Member Posts: 55
edited April 2020 in Guild Wars Discussion
GW shouldn't have any cheats. Our team has gone on a hot streak. But now at Gold level all the teams are getting 4500+. If 5 people go into an easy map on a 40+ mission ie: Kill them all mission, 5 people getting all the VP, it's gonna be a guaranteed win against a team that's just playing straight up. How is this a fair fight?
TCBRITOPastePicgrzechExpmirJayZADPaqavelardezxbamfx[Deleted User]TWDaddictionKarajocaYodakushliljustice

Comments

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,208
    Sorry I am not following you explanation.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• Happygilmour11Happygilmour11 Member Posts: 55
    I
    Billbam said:

If you find an easy mission at 38+ in GW. 5 people can go into the mission at the same time, and they will all get the Victory points for it. ex Kill them all mission: 5 people go in, 40 VP per person. An easy 200 for your team.
    TCBRITOm4sPastemirgrzechExpKarajoca
    Cmon! I don't think the devs made an easy level so people can get 5x the points from a single mission. 9 attacks to get a bonus from finishing level vs 5 attacks to get more points.
    TCBRITOm4sgrzechExpPicADPaqxbamfxTWDaddictionKarajocaYodakushNova_TWD
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,208
    Would love to here what @Fluxxx has to say
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Happygilmour11Pic
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 616
    This is legit I say it's a strategy. they don't give us enough attacks to clear all sectors fully. I think they knew this was possible. I say go ahead and the 2x 3x and so on.
    MansellePicxbamfxPaste
    rogueDS said:

This is legit I say it's a strategy. they don't give us enough attacks to clear all sectors fully. I think they knew this was possible. I say go ahead and the 2x 3x and so on.

Showing the blue light on a map that someone is already working on, inherently means don't go in that map. Now with this it means everyone come in and grab the free points? They gave us 25, so every attack matters, and you have to choose between maximizing risk vs guaranteeing points. This will turn GW into a scavenger hunt benefiting those teams lucky enough to play at the same time. Fluxx was talking about how they changed the timing to allow for people in different timezones to finish. This severely handicaps that.
    PicSektorPrizJohnny_and_KatanaTWDaddictionKarajoca
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,535

I

Billbam said:

If you find an easy mission at 38+ in GW. 5 people can go into the mission at the same time, and they will all get the Victory points for it. ex Kill them all mission: 5 people go in, 40 VP per person. An easy 200 for your team.
    In reality, the one person who found the "easy" map shouldn't count in the total because they would complete the map anyway. Their 40 VPs from beating that map would be earned regardless if 4 other people "dogpiled" into the same map or not.

So, we are only talking about a 160 VP "bump" in the total. However, if those same 4 players went to a mapset that was slightly lower in level, they would probably earn about 30 VPs per map (probably a little more depending on their skill/gear/survivor level). Thus, we are only talking about a 40 VP or so difference between everyone spreading out or 5 people going into the "easy" map at the higher RSL difficulty. I don't see that as much as an advantage.

Plus, if those 4 were able to coordinate and find 5 other attacks on the same mapset, the completion bonus easily offsets any "dogpiling" effect. The math just doesn't support the "dogpile" strategy that was more effective with the original version of GW. Teams hitting 4500+ VPs are clearly killing Nighmare and all the Track C, D & E maps (125 attacks allow the team to complete 13 mapsets with 6 attacks to spare). If they can do that, they deserve the win IMO.
    TJCartPicPaste
    ATLAS-Z said:

Not seeing the problem here?

As stated above if you waste too many attacks your sacrificing sector clear bonuses. So this strategy only nets a few extra points, and for guilds that can coordinate it with good communication (part of the fun of guild wars) they more than deserve those few extra points.

Moving on...

If everyone saves two attacks and does a 40 plus. That's 400 extra points. Few??? Lol That's a guaranteed win buddy
    TJCartxbamfxTWDaddictionKarajoca
    The fact that 95% of guilds don't even know about this, screams exploit
    xbamfxLoneWanderer360JordanYukiTWDaddictionambienceKarajocaPaste

I

Billbam said:

In reality, the one person who found the "easy" map shouldn't count in the total because they would complete the map anyway. Their 40 VPs from beating that map would be earned regardless if 4 other people "dogpiled" into the same map or not.

So, we are only talking about a 160 VP "bump" in the total. However, if those same 4 players went to a mapset that was slightly lower in level, they would probably earn about 30 VPs per map (probably a little more depending on their skill/gear/survivor level). Thus, we are only talking about a 40 VP or so difference between everyone spreading out or 5 people going into the "easy" map at the higher RSL difficulty. I don't see that as much as an advantage.

My guild would finish the highest level possible. We'd all have a couple of attacks left, and the only ones where we could guarantee points are sub 30 levels. We normally avg 4000. We gave this a go, and hit 4300. It was about 100 increase each one we did. We still lost by 200 pts at Gold Lvl 2. So i'm thinking the only way we'll have a chance at the higher levels is by doing this. Alot.
    Karajoca
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,083
    I can see @Happygilmour11 's point. With 25 attacks in a good team you will start on 1-C and do all the maps up to lvl 40. You then have about 20 swords remaining and can either try the lvl 41-43 nodes (which might be too hard for you), or do the very low RP 1-B and 2-B. So dogpiling a few lvl 38-40 missions makes sense.

To make the math. Start at 1-C and do all nodes up to lvl 41 (i.e. hardest node is 4-E which is lvl 39-41). Also one bonus node. That's 11 nodes + 1 bonus so a total of 105 missions. 5 players * 25 attacks is 125 attacks. Assuming you lose a few missions you easily get into a situation where you can only do the 1-B node and not even finish 2-B.

1-B and 2-B missions give around 20-30 points per battle (20 for the single missions and an extra 10 in average for completing the node). So doing a 40 point mission gives around 10-20 extra points. So you can earn 100-200 points more this way, compared to doing low level missions.

I would say that this benefit is not huge, and requires quite a bit of teamwork to get to work. Also, this strategy is moot if someone is good enough to take on the lvl 41-43 nodes.

If this is seen as an exploit in needing of fixing, the easy solution to this is to reduce the number of attacks per player to the original 20, in which case you don't end up with those extra attacks to spend.

Ingame username: Jubjab
    Happygilmour11
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 400
    edited April 2020
    Should not be too hard to fix this exploit.
    Either allow only one player to enter mission at same time.
    Or only first player to complete mission should be awarded. Next players to complete same mission would get nothing, just lose their attack.
    Happygilmour11ADPaq
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,075
    @Happygilmour11 you seem to assume that you can only score 2500+ by using this method? Which is not true, you’re also going to use a lot of attacks hoping/trying to find a kill all walkers maps in one of the 4F\5E maps which may not actually exist. However I would also be more than happy for @tallinie suggestions to be implemented as don’t think doubling up is in the spirit of guild wars.
    nyxx79MFJigsaw
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,083
    I guess the strategy is to have one top player that can finish the mission no matter what it is. You would then have a separate LINE chat or similar for your guild where this player would then shout out when a kill all mission is found.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 478

I guess the strategy is to have one top player that can finish the mission no matter what it is. You would then have a separate LINE chat or similar for your guild where this player would then shout out when a kill all mission is found.

but it is so - there are plenty of messengers

• grzechExpgrzechExp Member Posts: 49
    Whenever someone comment on this topic he shall state if he or his guild was using this "thingy".
    There was similar thing when someone posted a bug with prowling while charge active bringing always criticals.
    Mamy people were stating this is not a bug just becouse they were using it.

@Pic @ATLAS-Z @rogueDS ? Are you or your guilds doubling? Dont be afraid. Fluxx mentioned there will be no punishment for that.
    TCBRITOromeoSCBMA
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,061
    How about you worry about what your guild is doing. Comparing this to the prowling bug? Seriously? Apples and oranges. Read above its not an exploit. You stomping your feet and crying isn't going to make it one.
    TCBRITOxbamfxSilverhawkromeo
  • grzechExpgrzechExp Member Posts: 49
    Don't be mad Pic. That was just a question. I don't judge, See my pros and cons analysis above. I'm just curious from sociological point. If you felt offended then I'm sorry.

As about my guild. My main guild and all the academies were not doing that for sure. We found out about that trick yesterday. But if this is officially allowed maybe we will consider doing that as well. We will see.

Plus from some reason there is a warning. "There is someone playing that mission. Are you really sure you want to enter?". From that reason we never considered trying.
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 386
    Why not comparing to prowl bug? Look how many top players at that time was trying to protect this exploit, first hide from community and then with stupid comments tried to say it’s not a bug.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/39578/prowl-s-bag/p1

Same situation is here. Someone found it, and used as an advantage against other guilds.
    Did anyone that is using it from couple of weeks, did ask NG that you can do it, or you guys were doing this secretly?
    SCBMAPic
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    edited April 2020
    grzechExp said:

Plus from some reason there is a warning. "There is someone playing that mission. Are you really sure you want to enter?". From that reason we never considered trying.

The warning comes from the fact that if multiple players do complete the same level, there is an opportunity loss from being able to progress to higher levels.

Interesting strategy though. Seems to have an opportunity for marginal benefit for teams made of players in a similar ability range for the D line level. I wonder it remains viable for homogeneous ability teams at lower levels? I'll have to run the numbers to check, but I suppose another roadblock would be that these "weaker" guilds would ostensibly have poorer communication and may lack the coordination to pull it off effectively as well.
    PicMFJigsaw
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 616
    This is all tactics of war it is smart play. I actually love trying to find all of these things out. It is not easy to find the kill them all map. Can have non sometimes. Please keep this @Fluxxx I like the planning. Hell my guild lost to all of us guild a top 20 gw guild. I had more fun attempting 41s took 3 tries to get past 41#2 and losing then winning going the C route. We didn't have a chance to win. Thanks the last of us I generally mean it it was fun. Would love to chat with that guild of anyone can tag them.
    Jens83MFJigsawTCBRITOPic
This discussion has been closed.