Doubling Cheat for GW

Comments

• rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 597
    You are such a cheater @avelardez. = P. Just kidding you are awesome so much strategy involved.
    avelardezromeo
  • Jens83Jens83 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    > @rogueDS said:
    > This is all tactics of war it is smart play. I actually love trying to find all of these things out. It is not easy to find the kill them all map. Can have non sometimes. Please keep this @Fluxxx I like the planning. Hell my guild lost to all of us guild a top 20 gw guild. I had more fun attempting 41s took 3 tries to get past 41#2 and losing then winning going the C route. We didn't have a chance to win. Thanks the last of us I generally mean it it was fun. Would love to chat with that guild of anyone can tag them.

Hi rogueDS. I am in TLOU. And I was playing yesterday. Serp also would have my line contact.
    rogueDS
    Not sure if anyone can use it. gw points I made in xcel. I use it for our guild. Some of the rewards for chart are formulas from column to left for each level and others are just inputted in. At bottom is a calculator. Just add #SUM(cells you want to add up) for sectors you have total victory points earned if clear whole sector. It is always separate If can't clear whole sector or stage or even just clear only 1 35#1 for example and cant do #2. Will do some more adjustments to make it look cleaner.
    Points calculator
    Burmeliinismir
  • Happygilmour11Happygilmour11 Member Posts: 55
    Pic said:

I do apologize. I just think the thread is silly in itself. I lead Mavericks OG and have many strong players who play through 43 sections. This was a good strategy first GW. (Not so much now especially for teams who complete the entire bottom right section) I won't explain our strategy because it would be a bit silly considering our season ranking. I assumed when clicking this thread a big exploit was uncovered.

I believe guilds should play and find out a strategy that suits them, find out each players strengths. I see this thread as a kind of "Hmph I lost" type of deal. Different strategies work for different guilds.

Are you trying to tell me that you're not using this anymore? And that you found a new strategy? That's bullshit. Even top level guilds have trouble with nightmare. If someone finds a beatable high level mission, guarantee your all over that like a dog on a bone for free points. Sounds like you really want this exploit to stay.
    TCBRITOPicSCBMAliljusticePaste
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,242
    edited April 8
    We had one run in Beta round 2 that three of us tripled up on high level KMA.

It was more an adventure in information collecting than anything else.

In the end we determined it's occasionally useful at the end of the match with "leftover" attacks.

Chat shout out, we need X attacks to finish areas we need, we determine we have X+4 attacks remaining, so we can afford a couple double up if they show up.

I mean I hardly think this is worth the thread to discuss it.

Strats is strats, and this one is pretty basic and definitely not an exploit.

I agree @Fluxxx just leave it be.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    TCBRITOromeomirPaste
    ATLAS-Z said:

We had one run in Beta round 2 that three of us tripled up on high level KMA.

It was more an adventure in information collecting than anything else.

In the end we determined it's occasionally useful at the end of the match with "leftover" attacks.

Chat shout out, we need X attacks to finish areas we need, we determine we have X+4 attacks remaining, so we can afford a couple double up if they show up.

I mean I hardly think this is worth the thread to discuss it.

Strats is strats, and this one is pretty basic and definitely not an exploit.

I agree @Fluxxx just leave it be.

Basic strategy that no one but the tops guilds know. I.C. .... Fluxx said they're not labeling it as an exploit, and that they would discuss it. As long as Devs are discussing it, doesn't matter if you don't think it's worth the discussion.
    SCBMATCBRITOrogueDSromeoCrocodileliljustice
    So angry @Happygilmour11 cheer up. I was talking about this in my guilds before this even came in forum. It's a strategy. If you didn't figure it out well I am sorry to bad. It is almost like you are attacking people here. You should really cut it out and see what NG decides to do. Anyone can double up not just higher level guilds.
    TCBRITOMansellePaste
  • DadaDada Member Posts: 44
    I use it. I will keep using it. I could explain why it is not cheat or exploit, but it seems it wouldn’t matter anyway... So... stay strong and alive survivor... ;*
    TCBRITOromeoxbamfxPaste
    > @rogueDS said:
    > So angry @Happygilmour11 cheer up. I was talking about this in my guilds before this even came in forum. It's a strategy. If you didn't figure it out well I am sorry to bad. It is almost like you are attacking people here. You should really cut it out and see what NG decides to do. Anyone can double up not just higher level guilds.

It's funny how I'm the one attacking when people are saying I'm whining, this is clickbait, shouldn't be discussed.

Just because guilds found out the trick doesn't mean its supposed to be apart of the game. Hdd was also a "Strategy"
    TCBRITO
    Hunter Daryl if I am correct was because drive by was in charge. Would allow a drive by to be charged as well as next hit. I could very well be wrong. Which is completely understandable. I will gladly discuss with you and will see if one of us switched sides. Why is it cheating again?
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,267
    edited April 10
    Great read
    rogueDSromeomir
    rogueDS said:

Hunter Daryl if I am correct was because drive by was in charge. Would allow a drive by to be charged as well as next hit. I could very well be wrong. Which is completely understandable. I will gladly discuss with you and will see if one of us switched sides. Why is it cheating again?

Drive by charge allowed HDD to be way overpowered. Free charged attack. Allowing more points. Higher levels. Dev's didn't make HDD to be used this way.

Doubling: Allows higher points. Higher levels gain a benefit because they are able to open up Nightmare end levels and gain those high bonus points. Did the Devs really make an easy mission that people can get 5x the points from?

If this is part of how NML made the game to work, then i'm fine with it. It should be used by everyone. I'm a third tier of a high level guild, and once they finally shared the information with me, i was told not to tell anyone about it. I myself believe it takes away from what GW is. It's a great leveler to the game, where high level teams will go for the nightmare levels but also incur losses. Whereas guilds with lower level survivors can make that up by guaranteeing points.

Having the ability to have that 200-300 extra points in the bank at the end, greatly skews the GW towards teams with High level players.

I'm in a Gold 2 guild. And we'll use it, because it is the only way we can have a chance to compete now.

ignasromeo
    I know many guilds share information. sorry i hear yours is other way around. Even using a level 14 character with equipment meant for level 30s raised through reinforcements isn't technically cheating. It is questionable and a loop hole. Guilds can also loose because of searching for that kill them all map. It is not a guarantee to have it. You recomend they then just get ride of kill them all? Honestly these guilds putting up 4800+ could 2x 3x other maps besides kill them all. I need to get going been on to much today have a good day and fun challenge
    rogueDS said:

I know many guilds share information. sorry i hear yours is other way around. Even using a level 14 character with equipment meant for level 30s raised through reinforcements isn't technically cheating. It is questionable and a loop hole. Guilds can also loose because of searching for that kill them all map. It is not a guarantee to have it. You recomend they then just get ride of kill them all? Honestly these guilds putting up 4800+ could 2x 3x other maps besides kill them all. I need to get going been on to much today have a good day and fun challenge

Guilds with high level players aren't searching for these missions. They're already doing them. That's my point. Once they find an easy one, like a kill them all, or run to the exit, it's a free lunch.

It's no wonder the people that are end level gamers are the ones that don't want to see this go, as they are the one's that benefit the most.

• xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,314
    @Happygilmour11 so your guild doesn’t use those missions for your team to play? That’s not smart at all, you still have to play every mission and beat them. I could sit here and bitch about playing RSL 43 maps while most others top out at 37 but I don’t. I pull my weight on the team and do the best I can. Try it sometime and maybe you’ll see doing those missions aren’t as key to end gamers as you may think....
    TCBRITOPic
    JayZ said:

Your argument is fundamentally flawed. If these high level guilds are getting to and beating level 41-43 maps and their opponent cannot access these maps, the high level guilds will probably beat your guild regardless of whether they can stack their attacks or not. So I’m not sure what the issue is...

If you have one player that can do a nightmare level at 41, it's allowing 4 other people to be able to do missions within that level, that they could not even try to do before. At higher level tiers, the scores will become closer and closer. An extra 100/200 from doing this is huge. I'm saying if you're not using this method, you're already starting at a deficit.
    Burmeliinis
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 373
    So I see that everyone that tries to defend doubling of mission, are saying that this is not big benefit. If this is true, let’s get rid of this possibility from the game and not pretend it’s some sophisticated strategy.
    Happygilmour11
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,611
    I’m not sure about this still, for instance, we played red machine who were 3rd in this war. And judging by the scores of both individual and overall it’s clear that no doubling up was carried out. If doubling up worked and red machine aren’t doing it, wouldn’t that mean they would be much further down the table?
    edited April 8
    Firekid said:

I’m not sure about this still, for instance, we played red machine who were 3rd in this war. And judging by the scores of both individual and overall it’s clear that no doubling up was carried out. If doubling up worked and red machine aren’t doing it, wouldn’t that mean they would be much further down the table?

You can't tell by just looking at final scores. You lost by 68. Looks like if you dog piled just once, you would have the win.

1 low level mission vs Doubling on 1 HL
    P1 43 43
    P2 25 43
    P3 25 43
    P4 25 43
    P5 25 43

Total 143 vs 215
    Difference 72
    Result: Win by 4

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 987
    Those who do it think its great those who dont hate it....get over it it is in the game and NG approved.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Billbam said:

Those who do it think its great those who dont hate it....get over it it is in the game and NG approved.

I can't discuss it on a forum? Seems like Fluxx is discussing with his team.

We don't consider this cheating or exploiting, so no worries about any action being taken against you if you played this way. However, we will discuss whether or not we keep it working like this in the future, I can't say that it will stay this way.
    Crocodile
    @ignas going in a straight linear path is not a strategy also LOL you do realize that if they take out opportunities for all players to capitalize on the heroics of 1 player that will only further the gap between the “top crop” and the Rest of the crowd. I don’t care either option Doesn’t phase me 😆 just stirring shit at this point. Let’s set it on FIRE 🔥
    > @Happygilmour11 said:
    > (Quote)
    > I can't discuss it on a forum? Seems like Fluxx is discussing with his team.
    >
    >
    > We don't consider this cheating or exploiting, so no worries about any action being taken against you if you played this way. However, we will discuss whether or not we keep it working like this in the future, I can't say that it will stay this way.

Of course that stance would be taken, think of all the precious gold that is being saved by using those tactics (which are stated by dev team as legal play) at the end of the day they could do away with Kill All walker mãos anyway and lower tier will be getting ravaged 🤣 I actually wouldn’t mind watching that happen tbh. Also once missions are labeled many guild are doomed, stay safe out there survivors 😂 #prickbamfnegan
    TCBRITO
    > @xbamfx said:
    > > @Happygilmour11 said:
    > > (Quote)
    > > I can't discuss it on a forum? Seems like Fluxx is discussing with his team.
    > >
    > >
    > > We don't consider this cheating or exploiting, so no worries about any action being taken against you if you played this way. However, we will discuss whether or not we keep it working like this in the future, I can't say that it will stay this way.
    >
    > Of course that stance would be taken, think of all the precious gold that is being saved by using those tactics (which are stated by dev team as legal play) at the end of the day they could do away with Kill All walker mãos anyway and lower tier will be getting ravaged 🤣 I actually wouldn’t mind watching that happen tbh. Also once missions are labeled many guild are doomed, stay safe out there survivors 😂 #prickbamfnegan

Why would they take out maps or label maps? Why not just turn off doubling?
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,267
    We taking about doubling. I’m more or a Pentagon move. Go big or go home.
This discussion has been closed.