kaboom challenge changes input?

Not sure if anyone else realized. But did all these maps suddenly change and get harder. We now have auto spawn spikeys and map changes to make it even harder. I understand that some will always get into the 50s in challenge but that is a small percentage. You are really killing the 95% or more even that just don't have 4 star heros with perfect badges.
anniesprinklesHershal

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 830
    Defintely feels like a really hard challenge.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    anniesprinklesHershalPaste
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,740
    Haven’t seen any spikers yet... which one are they in? I agree though these changes have certainly made it harder to 3 star easily. Not sure they’ve stopped it being endless yet. Maybe fire in the hole trying to get through that wall that forms when you open the gate!
  • SilverhawkSilverhawk Member Posts: 754
    Pretty sure NG continues to tweak the game. You notice it most with ranged and when you don't constantly have new badges to switch around.
    And it seems these slight changes are implemented when they have free badge swap events. Or during a super easy challenge.
    I'm sure this will be disputed, but I upgraded my Abraham a few months ago and gave him some fresh badges. He was cutting through normal lvl 31 walkers like butter most of the time in one turn.
    No changes have been made since then on my end, yet today, he's again having issues finishing normal lvl 29 walkers in one turn..... That's a fact. My best hunter and shooter are experiencing similar results. So something changed somewhere, and if it wasn't on my end.....?
    FirekidRiotZappa
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,073
    Have heard but not verified on Lock In turns open gate all melee is 3 and with any ranged its 4...has anyone noticed this?
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 533
    Haven't seen any spikes either, but I'm not that far. Seems like the metal heads are new to this challenge. I don't remember them before.
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 604
    My bad might of ment to put metal heads
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,424
    Not a fan of the changes at all I was looking forward to going back old school running ranged teams for a change, congrats on killing the only ranged friendly challenge set 😕
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    RiotZappaanniesprinkles
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,090
    Yeah put it back how it was please @Fluxxx.
    anniesprinkles
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 268
    Not sure why NG likes to take the fun out of challenges by making them harder but this challenge is no fun imo. I'm much more willing to spend gold on challenges I enjoy & might 3 star than this crap.
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

Danski_46Captainslayer
  • HershalHershal Member Posts: 17
    > @Billbam said:
    > Have heard but not verified on Lock In turns open gate all melee is 3 and with any ranged its 4...has anyone noticed this?

Its only 3 for ranged
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,424
    It's different from when I played it last because it definitely didn't have a metal head or so many armoured walkers on certain levels, although from memory I didn't play the last time kaboom set was used
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    anniesprinkles
    Time to check YouTube videos all to see the changes.
    Deathwish19
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 232
    > @Billbam said:
    > Have heard but not verified on Lock In turns open gate all melee is 3 and with any ranged its 4...has anyone noticed this?

Sasha, 3 turns.
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,073
    OK thanks...I have seen it in game now...dont know why I thought I saw a 4 my first time through
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,746
    I prefer this version of ka-boom to the old one but I absolutely hated the old version. Some of the changes are nice. Old bricks for instance seems really balanced to me, mostly I'm glad you removed the random chance of a grenade spawning right next to you when you open the last crate :lol:
    Zette
    Now after playing it and getting to 40.2 it's not that bad. Gate one totally sucks still using rick with knife and 2 bruiser in fire in hole and perimeter for 3 stars still sometimes 2
  • FahqbendoverFahqbendover Member Posts: 428
    Absolutely hate the challenge since it’s been changed
  • pirate1125pirate1125 Member Posts: 341
    Instead of screwing with the old maps We Need a ton of new maps. Why do you not listen to this? @Fluxxx

There's been thread after thread about new challenge maps and we get 1 new map set an update if we're lucky. We spend the most amount of time on the challenge we need like 10 new sets. And by new, not rehashed BS
    psychwolfDanski_46