Abandoned, ignored and forgotten!

First of all I would like to emphasize that this is an outburst of a guy really in love with the series and consequently with the game that I dedicate several hours of my day.

It is not just today that I see many, many requests right here on the forum for the addition of new heroes in the game, which in my view are totally discarded!

In the last few weeks I have been very excited about the "Community Contest" as it is a chance that we may have some of these requests fulfilled. If only to rediscover scenarios that were in the past of the series and are very dear to fans.

But every time I see one of these characters often acclaimed by NML players being added to Our World and not here I get really upset! The list gets bigger and bigger ... Harshal, Siddiq, Yumiko, T-Dog, Shane, Heath, Tyreese and even Shiva!

How long have we waited for these characters to be added to NML? Who knows, together with the missions of the first seasons that would bring an infinite number of map possibilities!

We know that the next few months will be complicated and that with the postponement of the last episode we may have a postponement even of the next seasons due to the pandemic. So please don't let this request be ignored anymore! Let's add these characters that were VERY important to the first plots of the series in the game. There are many ways to make this something exciting for everyone, seasonal missions, distance awards, seasonal campaigns, community events, awards at the GW store or any other ideas you may have.

Stalker20PigBenisDiElElTCBRITOKarajocapsychwolfJenngZetteJimiFaithMudMoccasinCarl_Tyreese999ThanosOfTitanTroublemakerromeoMaximumSlayagePellegrini1977marie1980

Comments

• DiElElDiElEl Member Posts: 169
    ... couldn't have said it any better @Verdao1914 !!!
    Anybody reading this ?????????
    Verdao1914cyclon98JimiFaithPellegrini1977
  • JimiFaithJimiFaith Member Posts: 860
    It fits the quarantine if you ask me... and not only TWD... a few years ago the april joke was to change the game to FTWD's NML... but now that I catched up I wouldn't mind to play with Nick, Alicia, Freakin' John and June...

It would be really unnecesary to have a separate game for characters of the same universe, that it's starting to connect...
    DiElElromeo
    You guys noticed the last season mission was missing something...? yeah Miko was in the minefield too...
    MudMoccasinromeo
    Agreed with @JimiFaith , a FTWD NML would be sooo cool...
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 777
    edited April 2020
    Some pretty brilliant suggestions here: (I know your already cognizant because one of the most recent comments are yours @Verdao1914 but hopefully the developers will make this a reality):
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/272442#Comment_272442
    DiElEl
    There' is still so much in wich this game can grow... I have a few ideas myself, like reinforcing silent playing... knife throwing, both kelly and connie throw rocks, archers...

But starting the story from S1 would definitely rise a wave of new players with the correspondent publicity
    DiElElMudMoccasin
  • EngAamieEngAamie Member Posts: 84
    U know, 4 all the things above, u people demand, ng would have to work their azz out, and still it wouldn't be good economically,
    so, live in dreams ya,,, <3:D:D
    JimiFaith
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 297
    Why don’t they upgrade the servers they must make enough money
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Amazon’s 
    Drhoo
    I sincerely don't know man... you have to pay all those workers and devs too... the game is pretty free as it is... and we can't say we haven't been listened... look at the auto cover for example... they could have made it so you can't turn it off during missions which sometimes would mean hospital and maybe gold... but for me, they made it EXACTLY as I pictured it...

We can suggest, and present Ideas, there's a specific section of the forum for that, but from there to say to them how to spend their money I think pretty much crosses the line...

The game is a blessing, specially in times like these... and I have a 7 day gas gift in the store...
    romeozbot
  • hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 388
    why beth survived though?
    blow my mind
    @Fluxxx how about the option to delete / retire a hero from our roster, would that be so difficult to make in the future updates???

...or even trade him , I don't know for gold maybe, XPs, telephones etc etc
    Deathwish19ShadowWalkerTCBRITO
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 492
    > @DiElEl said:
    > @Fluxxx how about the option to delete / retire a hero from our roster, would that be so difficult to make in the future updates???
    >
    > ...or even trade him , I don't know for gold maybe, XPs, telephones etc etc

I’ve thought this too, because it’s seems we never use 90% of the characters...but you can always use them for the distance. Someone’s gotta be disposable sometimes.

Plus, given all even fields, they’re stronger then regular survivors. And you’ll always continue to get their tokens so you might as well keep them around to upgrade
    imnfictionShadowWalker
  • Carl_s_HatCarl_s_Hat Member Posts: 203
    Have not played Our World so my question is why does it look like Heath has a drill?

And anybody who has seen "Tiger King" knows it would expensive to keep Shiva fed. :-0
  • MichaelMooreMichaelMoore Member Posts: 2

First of all I would like to emphasize that this is an outburst of a guy really in love with the series and consequently with the game that I dedicate several hours of my day.

It is not just today that I see many, many requests right here on the forum for the addition of new heroes in the game, which in my view are totally discarded!

In the last few weeks I have been very excited about the "Community Contest" as it is a chance that we may have some of these requests fulfilled. If only to rediscover scenarios that were in the past of the series and are very dear to fans.

But every time I see one of these characters often acclaimed by NML players being added to Our World and not here I get really upset! The list gets bigger and bigger ... Harshal, Siddiq, Yumiko, T-Dog, Shane, Heath, Tyreese and even Shiva!

How long have we waited for these characters to be added to NML? Who knows, together with the missions of the first seasons that would bring an infinite number of map possibilities!

We know that the next few months will be complicated and that with the postponement of the last episode we may have a postponement even of the next seasons due to the pandemic. So please don't let this request be ignored anymore! Let's add these characters that were VERY important to the first plots of the series in the game. There are many ways to make this something exciting for everyone, seasonal missions, distance awards, seasonal campaigns, community events, awards at the GW store or any other ideas you may have.

T-DOg forever

ShadowWalkerromeo
  • BadLuckLukeBadLuckLuke Member Posts: 7
    > @DiElEl said:
    > @Fluxxx how about the option to delete / retire a hero from our roster, would that be so difficult to make in the future updates???
    >
    > ...or even trade him , I don't know for gold maybe, XPs, telephones etc etc

Agreed 100% @Fluxxx
    DiElEl
  • Verdao1914Verdao1914 Member Posts: 73
    > @Fluxxx said:
    > It's important to note that new Heroes aren't a simple of an addition as it may seem. Just because we have a certain character in Our World, doesn't mean we can just throw it into NML, the in-game model, renders, animations, leader trait and its interactions etc. need to be made and considered. This, of course, takes time - so oftentimes it's a matter of prioritization because we're a limited team. We still add new Heroes into the game, but there's other aspects that we also consider to be important (think Master Mission, Guild Wars, or QoL improvements such as the badge management screens).
    > We're definitely not ignoring requests for new heroes, but we should also keep in mind that new heroes aren't the only requests :)

Sorry if at any point my post seemed disrespectful to the team's work.

I acknowledge the work that has been done by all of you in order to further improve our experience.

I also agree when you mention several of these improvements and I really agree that they all had a higher degree of priority.

I want to make it clear that it was not my intention to belittle the work that has been done recently. In fact, I can only thank you for everything that has been done.

On the other hand, when I say that iconic and essential characters were left out in NML I am fully aware of all the challenges that each of them presents to be added in the game and I also realize that not all players have the same enchantment for this idea as I have.

In fact, the post is basically the result of some debates I had with colleagues trying to understand why we had the relaunch of heroes already in the game (Rick, Glenn, Daryl, Morgan and Maggie) and not that of the missing heroes. We always imagined that they were due to issues involving image rights of the actors or something like that. And when we see several being released on Our World that questioning came back to my mind.

Perhaps my fanaticism and my perfectionism spoke a little louder than reason. But don't take it the wrong way, it's just proof of my attachment to the game. Kkķkk ..

Regardless of everything, thank you very much for returning @Fluxxx
    MudMoccasinDrhoo