I need a new "radio event"

3 months now from my last legendary survivors and i really need a new radio weekend even. Right now i event can't finish episode 13... So it's 2 months i'm storing radio calls. When will be the next Radio weekend??
"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
--> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.

Comments

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    You need a legendary to finish episode 13? Why?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    if you have radios you can use them? you don't need the event to get a legendary, i got all mine outside of the event. (only had 3 so far)
    one is still alive and kicking as it can go to lvl18
  • jt41jt41 Member Posts: 116
    It depends on what mode you are playing in. If you are playing the first time around, normal mode, then you should be able to do it with the right combination of strong rares and/or epics. You will get a little scratched up, but it's nothing the hospital can't fix. If you are working on hard or nightmare mode, the current maxed out survivors cannot handle it. Maybe if you had 3 epic hunters totally maxed with strong weapons it might work, but I can't try that out because my hunters are useless crap. I need a weekend event, also, so I can finish this game. I've never had any legendary, and I've played *most* of the game just fine (as it stands), with a few upgrade delays that I found extremely boring and discouraging. That is, until I keep getting lvl 18-20 walkers thrown at me when I only have lvl 14, 15 and 16 capped/maxed survivors and it takes 2 shots/swipes/stabs to make a kill. All I have done now is upgrade forever, and it gets me nowhere. I think I have played 2 story missions in the last month. I'm about to declare playability DEAD.
    ggbats
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    The difference between an epic and a legendary is so small that it's almost nothing. The difference between a level 16 legendary assault and a level 16 epic assault, holding the exact same gun, is 24 damage.

You seriously are overvaluing legendary survivors simply because you've never had one, and don't realize they're not actually super overpowered. You can beat all of hard mode without legendaries, and most of nightmare mode. The only reason why you wouldn't be able to finish nightmare mode is simply due to overleveled zombies, which no 'quality' of survivor will help with.
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,919
    @masmith93 ..i have 3 stars level 13 warriors...
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,919
    @shabba ...well more chance in the event.. I suppose. The last 8 /15 radio i used i got only 3 star surviviors... :(
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    @zoson thank you for those words of encouragement, for those yet to get legendary survivors it is very positive. I've been playing for about 7 weeks or so now and it's advice like that that makes me want to concentrate on strategy more.
    It is a game of strategy after all. Otherwise I could just buy a nuclear warhead and go straight to finish
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!
  • walkerswalkers Member Posts: 28
    I just finished last episode episode 13 with rare hunter lvl 15, epic warrior lvl 15 and shooter lvl 14.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    @zoson Don't you think there should be more of a difference between the legendary/epic/rare? Not only in the survivor traits but with the weapons and armor?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    No, I think the system works pretty well in general. They're 'nice to have' but not necessary. I think that's just right.
    @zoson I agree it has a lot more to do with which team members you choose and also how you have armed them. I also agree I have never had a legendary so I have no way to compare them, so thank you for the information. But it still doesn't help me when my team that I need are stuck 2-4 lvls below, and every 15x call I have made has given me equally crappy survivors or even worse survivors that I already know are a waste of time as they are incapable of handling the scene. I basically have 1 epic hunter and 2 epic warriors who are useful in some scenes and not useful enough in others. All of my other survivors are generally useless except my shooter in certain situations, usually desperate ones. I cannot put together the proper team to continue playing. A lot of people are trapped like this. This isn't due to impatience or lack of trying or unwillingness to take a few injuries to test the possibilities out. This has only become week after week of boring, repetitious exploration missions that result in zero headway despite maxed upgrades. I have a fair amount of radios saved now for an event. I didn't have those before because I have been in such need of a decent survivor for so long that every time I would scrape together 15 I would make a call. All of those calls were wasted on crap I had to reject. People who somehow magically had several legendaries and epics of nice class range dropped on them at once haven't had this experience, either.
    @jt41 Up through level 10 survivors my team was a rare warrior, an uncommon assault(the one you get as a reward), and an epic hunter. I had no trouble beating through normal episode 10 with that squad, which was the entire story at the time. I did have a nice legendary level 9 hunter rifle, and a nice legendary level 12 sword, but my AR was pretty craptacular.

If you need survivors, keep doing call outs, that's what I did.
    @zoson Call-outs are my only hope. I am working on the most recent camp upgrades made available by the most recent NG release. If I get nothing by the time I'm done with that, then it's time for me to quit. There is nowhere else to go. The game is becoming unplayable.
    I have already played all the normal mode, up through half of episode 12 in hard mode, and up through all of episode 9 in nightmare mode. This is the point where my survivors have stopped being capable of completing the scenes.
    I did most of that with hunters and warriors (mix of uncommon, rare, and epic), occasionally pulling in the other classes for special ops, and my teams used to be in sort of good sync with the lvl of ability needed. I have basically been 2 lvls below suggested survivor lvl the entire game and found it was do-able, so I thought that was normal. But as I neared the end of the game, and as I expected at some point some stronger survivors would come in drops, it really just hasn't happened. Call it bad luck, but I call it poor planning on the dev's part. If they want the game to remain playable, they have to MAKE SURE that certain drops are made. It can't all be left to "chance."
    I'd say it's just bad luck. Keep doing the callouts and use any survivor that can reach the level range you need. I decided long ago that a 'deep' team was a better team. I use level 15 survivors at the beginning of the challenges since they're technically my best guys, even though I have a few that go to 17 now.

Survivor level is the most important factor for being able to progress. Being within 2 levels lowers the bodyshot chance to almost zero... Then it's just a matter of playing skillfully.
This discussion has been closed.