Spring mayhem update

Comments

• PastePaste Member Posts: 519
    edited May 1
    @Steeboon @avelardez I assume they won't change the maps or number of sectors.

18 attacks X 10 players is indeed 180 attacks vs the 125 with 5 players, but there's fewer attacks per player and more missions per sector to offset this.

All this does is change the theoretical maximum sectors from 13 (with 8 spare attacks) to 15 (with no spare attacks).

In addition 10 players can't participate in every war. 6 wars * 10 max participants = 60 max slots, but as pointed out before 20 guild mates * 2 wars each is only 40.

The average of that for guilds who wants to play on all days is actually lower than before (15 / 60 * 40 = 10), assuming the number of participants per war is even (1 person has enough attacks for 1.5 sector).
    Steeboon
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,475
    edited May 1
    > @Firekid said:
    > @WellyLuga its still 2 battles per player. I think the 18 attacks is because it’s over 4 weeks instead of 8 so if kept at 25 that would be 200 attacks in 4 weeks and I imagine they are worried about burn out. I agree though they have to adjust the prices in the shop to reflect this or increase the rp from completing missions etc.

Fair point. 4 battles in 2 week vs 2! 72 attacks vs 50 :smile:
    Paste
  • DiElElDiElEl Member Posts: 147
    > @Firekid said:
    > @DiElEl you can favourite hero’s as well as gear.

@Firekid got it now, thanks...
  • IgorGGTIgorGGT Member Posts: 51
    i am new in the game, but i saw some old events that gave 3 or 4 weapons, and the last one and this one will be given only 2 weapons, have a chance of have more one or two old weapons on this event ?
    Deathwish19
    Last one had only one special weapon and one regular legendary weapon. There'll likely be some regular legendary one on this campaign too. If not you will get something else instead, like more legendary badge fragments. Not too bad.

Also, these two weapons seem to be really good.
    MFJigsaw
  • CrocodileCrocodile Member Posts: 598
    how it's work @Fluxxx?

"Upgraded level of equipment is also taken into account for Guild Wars missions offset calculations"
    the last standing knight of low lvl
    Paste
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 581
    @IgorGGT I have been around for past 3 years or more around the beginning and i would take 2 better weapons then 4 crap ones. @Paste seems to be on same boat as me. I just hope that GW and spring mayhem dont happen at same time. I am mostly free to play so can only have gold for one or the other really. I take higher levels in GW need gold for that.
    Paste
    Yeah, the equipment formulation leaves a lot to interpretation.

For example:
    * Player owns level 27 assault weapon, but no level 27 assaults. He upgrades it to the max (30) in preparation of leveling his level 26 survivors.
    * Player own level 27 assault weapon (upgraded to 30), and level 27 assault, but doesn't use assaults in GW. All his other survivors are level 26.
    * Player has level 26 survivors and a level 26 scout weapon that was upgraded and reinforced to level 30, but his lowest level bruiser weapon is 25 (upgraded to 28). So the average is the same, but the scout weapon level is obviously more important.

I guess we'll find out.
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,261
    > @Paste said:
    > @Steeboon @avelardez I assume they won't change the maps or number of sectors.
    >
    >.
    >
    > The average of that for guilds who wants to play on all days is actually lower than before (15 / 60 * 40 = 10), assuming the number of participants per war is even (1 person has enough attacks for 1.5 sector).

Can you elaborate on this some more. Not understanding it. I want to know what your mean.

I think your saying if we have 10 players per day, then we only can do 4 battles out of 6 and we lose 2 battles. By doing this it affects our score?
    guys, i mean like snowman's land, it gave three great weapons
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    I might be missing something, but Hunting Bow seems rather irrelevant to me. Winter Bow was great because the no threat effectively allowed you to run a Shooter on your no threat melee teams and have a little extra range. Plue the built in "tactical" is awesome.

But a TR shooter weapon? Don't get me wrong, it's cool for the idea of it, but I don't think people usually take range teams when threat is a concern anyhow. Plus, this wouldn't be enough to offset a range team's threat anyhow unless they start coming out with silent Shotguns and Decimators. Maybe to add TR to a melee team instead of using a TR knife on a scout? Again, I don't think the Shooter would be getting most of the kills on a team like that it's not very effective for its main purpose.

Now, I could definitely see niche uses. Maybe on a Tara/Bruisers team to give it some TR if necessary? I'm sure there are other niche teams as well. I just don't see it as the "game changer" that Winter Bow was.
    PasteBurmeliinis
    avelardez said:

Can you elaborate on this some more. Not understanding it. I want to know what your mean.

I think your saying if we have 10 players per day, then we only can do 4 battles out of 6 and we lose 2 battles. By doing this it affects our score?

No. I'm saying that the impact of these changes doesn't mean we need a bigger map or more missions. The changes balance each other out.

The amount of sectors you can possibly clear is barely higher than before, and that's only if 10 people play the same day. Otherwise it's the same or lower.
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 179
    Also regarding the weapons, the TR is only on charged attack correct? Nice that its guaranteed, but when you really need chances at TR, seems getting that chance on every kill is much better than charge only.
    TR as a charge attack will be plenty on many missions. It depends on how many turns the spawn cycles are I guess.

@IgorGGT Festive Roadsign had no special functionality. Just good traits. You can get something equally good in crates after a mission.
    @Paste oh, okay. how i said i am new, i never saw swift strike on a warrior weapon
    GradyPaste
    edited May 2
    > @IgorGGT Festive Roadsign had no special functionality. Just good traits. You can get something equally good in crates after a mission.

Festive roadsign has silver swift strike, that's what made it special. You can't find that in a mission crate.

> @TJCart said:
    > I might be missing something, but Hunting Bow seems rather irrelevant to me. Winter Bow was great because the no threat effectively allowed you to run a Shooter on your no threat melee teams and have a little extra range. Plue the built in "tactical" is awesome.
    >
    > But a TR shooter weapon? Don't get me wrong, it's cool for the idea of it, but I don't think people usually take range teams when threat is a concern anyhow. Plus, this wouldn't be enough to offset a range team's threat anyhow unless they start coming out with silent Shotguns and Decimators. Maybe to add TR to a melee team instead of using a TR knife on a scout? Again, I don't think the Shooter would be getting most of the kills on a team like that it's not very effective for its main purpose.
    >
    > Now, I could definitely see niche uses. Maybe on a Tara/Bruisers team to give it some TR if necessary? I'm sure there are other niche teams as well. I just don't see it as the "game changer" that Winter Bow was.

I think the idea would be that you could take a shooter along with a melee team. Something like Rick, Bruiser and Aaron. The winter bow is great as you can keep threat low but until now you couldn't reduce it. It's unlikely to be a late, late challenge choice but should add some nice variety.
    PasteTJCart
    I stand corrected.
  • Sam64SmithSam64Smith Member Posts: 5
    I would love to get the old gw format back 😎
    RiotZappaGrendelTCBRITO
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 185
    WellyLuga said:

Is anyone else worried about the state of the game when it comes to grenades and med kits? I guess it depends how readily these are available. The challenge is already very long without giving us the ability to almost heal our bruiser to full health or potentially take down 9 walkers with a push of the button. I understand they are obtainable from mission crates, daily quests, GW as well as with gold from the TG shop. If that's every restock it's potentially 21 per week of both which will create a huge gap between F2P and P2P.

I just hope they get the balance right with how many are available and how strong they are. The fact that they don't use an action point already makes them strong as there isn't really any drawback to them that I can see.

This is the first thing I had to think about when I read the patch notes, I'm also worried. I hope that will not be come true, but I'm afraid.
    I am particularly annoyed by the last part of this sentence. "Tools can be obtained from daily quests, during missions, seasonal events, Guild Wars, and other occasions."

MFJigsawTCBRITO
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,558
    I love the idea of tools @WellyLuga and will be saving most of mine for use in guild wars where attacks are at a premium. Not really too fussed if people want to use them to blast through loads of 50+ maps on the challenge and keep it going for them. Also as there is a 3 turn cool down on each use then it may not be that much of a game changer at high level anyway, also depends on if the grenade does 50% health damage of the total or remaining health. At 47-50 + the medi kit is going to give you what 1 extra hit?
    Not sure about being able to buy them for gold but they are giving away so much stuff recently (guild wars and 2 spring campaigns) I suppose they have to do something like this to mitigate for that.
    edited May 2
    > @Firekid said:
    > I love the idea of tools @WellyLuga and will be saving most of mine for use in guild wars where attacks are at a premium. Not really too fussed if people want to use them to blast through loads of 50+ maps on the challenge and keep it going for them. Also as there is a 3 turn cool down on each use then it may not be that much of a game changer at high level anyway, also depends on if the grenade does 50% health damage of the total or remaining health. At 47-50 + the medi kit is going to give you what 1 extra hit?
    > Not sure about being able to buy them for gold but they are giving away so much stuff recently (guild wars and 2 spring campaigns) I suppose they have to do something like this to mitigate for that.

I guess we'll see. I like competing in the challenge and the gap without spending gold healing is already big enough without adding extra. I'll probably be the same as you and will be saving them for desperate times in GW where I can't just try again later!

For some maps though 3 turns is not a long time. Maps like Herschel's farm or Icy graves in recent weeks where you're attacking tanks from behind a stun wall go on for ages, being able to throw a grenade every 3 turns will make it so much easier.
    tjhookrADPaq
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,558
    I’d love to be able to throw a grenade at that second fatty in knee deep This week though.
    WellyLugaShadowWalker
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 937
    WellyLuga said:

Is anyone else worried about the state of the game when it comes to grenades and med kits? I guess it depends how readily these are available. The challenge is already very long without giving us the ability to almost heal our bruiser to full health or potentially take down 9 walkers with a push of the button. I understand they are obtainable from mission crates, daily quests, GW as well as with gold from the TG shop. If that's every restock it's potentially 21 per week of both which will create a huge gap between F2P and P2P.

I just hope they get the balance right with how many are available and how strong they are. The fact that they don't use an action point already makes them strong as there isn't really any drawback to them that I can see.

The big draw back to the grenades is the 4 threat it creates, seems like a weapon for near the end to just get you over the line.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & 6DR Transition Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

edited May 2
    Billbam said:

WellyLuga said:

The big draw back to the grenades is the 4 threat it creates, seems like a weapon for near the end to just get you over the line.
    1 threat, I understand. Not 4. Then if there isn't a threat counter there is no drawback.

TCBRITO
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 937
    @WellyLuga OK kewl thanks for that...I was basing my info on DBL video above with he stated 4 threat.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & 6DR Transition Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,067
    It says the new Tools can be had during missions. I'm assuming that means opening reward crates. If that's the case, I hope there's no minimum map level to find them in the crates. That would mean Tara is going to be brushing sand out of her butt cheeks for a while at the beach. :sunglasses:
    TJCartWellyLuga
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 581
    @Governator the new map with rosita and decimator is quicker think I use that one
  • Andy_bAndy_b Member Posts: 107
    🧰 are you kidding me! Shocking cash grab. Get to fk
    PasteRiotZappaSCBMAtjhookr