The new guild event- crate reward system isn't very much fun.

Previously we earned 2 gifts per reward which got progressively better as we earned more. If a player had 3 rewards themselves and 3 from their guild that was a nice 12 gifts coming to them.

Now it;s 1000 crates per reward. If you get 3 and 3 rewards it's 6000. Not enough for a legendary item or even two epic items. There seems to be less of an element of surprise. It feels less exciting to earn rewards.

Worst of all is that if players went ahead and built an outpost and activated it they run the risk of losing their guild event rewards to other players raiding them. While some of us play this game religiously and time when to log in others among us have responsibilities such as jobs and families. Being in a guild can be tricky enough with guilds often demanding 100+ stars per event "or get kicked out!". Events which only span 2-3 days.

I would personally like to see us go back to the old system, the crate rewards seem geared mostly towards PVP players.
InspTurbines

Comments

• eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    You can still buy the crates, 2 per reward?
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    @eetu Yes, we can all still buy two golden crates with the 1000 TGs. However, the golden crate rewards issue has not been addressed. People are receiving rewards that are well below the level of their survivors, some way above (see Trade Goods thread in Outpost discussion). I saved up my TGs to purchase a legendary crate only to receive armor for a survivor I don't even have. So, in short, WTF?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    In the past system, myself and many in our guild never or very rarely got anything worth while from the rewards in the old system. However, several of us have saved up enough to get leg. gear which has been appropriate for our survivors lvl.

This has put a smile on our faces!

That said, I am sure the change is frustrating for some. Hang in there @Voss and save those trade goods. When you trade in for a sweet leg. item, you will most likely be smiling as well.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    masmith93 said:

@eetu Yes, we can all still buy two golden crates with the 1000 TGs. However, the golden crate rewards issue has not been addressed. People are receiving rewards that are well below the level of their survivors, some way above.

Ok, So has the behaviour of the individual crates changed in your opinion?
    (No sarcasm here, a genuine question:)
  • VossVoss Member Posts: 46
    The rewards from the golden and silver crates are well below level wise I've found. I'm a level 39 player with level 15-17 survivors and in the last golden crate I received a level 11 item.

Having people being able to take your guild event rewards away from you is also a huge concern.
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    Voss said:

The rewards from the golden and silver crates are well below level wise I've found. I'm a level 39 player with level 15-17 survivors and in the last golden crate I received a level 11 item.

Having people being able to take your guild event rewards away from you is also a huge concern.

Don't claim your reward until you intend to collect on it. You are not required to collect it when you earn it. (If it tries to make you, force quit w/out taking the crate, when you restart it'll be in the guild for you to collect later. I've done it multiple times.) If it's not been collected, it's not part of the bounty if your outpost is raided. Therefore, your argument of it being taken away is invalid.

Getting the reward, then trading it for gold crates is not different then the past reward in functionality. What's IN the crates is another debate altogether.
    Felecia
    @eetu I've purchased several golden crates and received level 12/13rare armor, which I immediately scrap. I purchased one epic crate where I received a level 15 assault rifle, which was great. The rifle was level appropriate with a good traits. My first legendary crate was the scout armor. I also purchased another golden crate earlier today and got a rare scout knive. How is it possible that I can receive weapons/armor for a survivor I don't have? So my overall experience with the new system is not positive. The positive examples on this forum seem to be few and far between. So far it's about the same as the old system, you'll get one good item after lots and lots of crap.
    You can get gear for survivors you don't own, happens all the time. If it's not what you want, scrap it. However, you should keep at least 1 armor and 1 weapon for each class (IMHO)
  • CindyLouCindyLou Member Posts: 112
    I like the new system. It's better than before if you want it to be and the same as before If you want it to be. You have more choice.
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    @eetu without a bigger test sample , I believe the gold level reward crates have changed. I even made a thread about it yesterday (1 legendary gear crate vs. 15 gold level crates?)

Getting a piece of legendary equipment for that high of a cost should never be below my max survivor level, I've had to scrap all 3 legendary items I have saved up for , giving up on that , I have opened around 27 gold TG crates and received nothing better than rare equipment and mostly xp or tomato cans. While this is just me, I have been speaking with both my guilds and people on the forum to find out if they have had similar results and most have.

During the old system , I received an epic or legendary piece of equipment at least 1 out of 5 rewards. 7500 is a ton of trade goods to spend on a piece of equipment that you already have to hope for appropriate traits or survivors to use them. Having to scrap it immediately is very disheartening.
    zosonAndrius
  • basiaMDbasiaMD Member Posts: 58
    Oops, I made a new thread without realizing this discussion was here so I will repost my thoughts here.

I am personally very disappointed that after promising to fix the reward system, this did not happen.

While I can save up enough trade goods to buy legendary equipment crates, the most likely scenario is I will get something I don't really need. I also don't have enough resources to upgrade this equipment anyway. So I am choosing to buy gold crates for 500 TG where I can receive 15 rewards instead of 1 potentially useless piece of legendary equipment. Unfortunately most of the time this is giving weapons/armor that is 2-3 levels BELOW my survivor levels ie NOT USABLE and only scraps for 3-4K at best. This is the exact same problem that existed when challenge rewards were gold crates.

When I do an exploration mission and get a gold crate, if there is a weapon in it, it is level appropriate. So why can't you make weapons from the gold crates from TG appropriate to my survivor level?? This is all we have been asking for all along and you did not fix it.

All you have to do is program for the weapon to be at the level of the highest survivor of that type. I have experience in programming. This is not difficult. Therefore, you are choosing to ignore a massive error in your code that has been frustrating fans of your game for months. Why make the game less enjoyable to play? It boggles my mind.
    FizzyPinot
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    I think the new reward system is good and bad. I like having the option to cash in crates if I am in need of XP or food. I have gotten some decent amounts from the gold crates. I have saved for a tank that I will throw in pit as soon as it is upgraded. It is hard to save though due to outposts - The ones I get from the outpost since I need to spend or lose when I log off. I do have a few waiting for me from guild challenges though. I have not yet purchased a legendary crate but after reading all of the posts not sure that will be a priority for me. I like having the options though.
    Felecia
    edited March 2016

Voss said:

Don't claim your reward until you intend to collect on it. You are not required to collect it when you earn it. (If it tries to make you, force quit w/out taking the crate, when you restart it'll be in the guild for you to collect later. I've done it multiple times.) If it's not been collected, it's not part of the bounty if your outpost is raided. Therefore, your argument of it being taken away is invalid.

Getting the reward, then trading it for gold crates is not different then the past reward in functionality. What's IN the crates is another debate altogether.
    But if the event runs out while you're at work and you have rewards waiting the rewards disappear.
    @voss Are you saying that you had uncollected guild rewards and after the challenge ended you could not collect them? SERIOUSLY?
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    @masmith93 That is how it works, he's right. Many always-on games are like that though. The flaw in his argument is that it worked like that before the patch. If you had unclaimed cards you lost them.
    TUCO
    masmith93 said:

@voss Are you saying that you had uncollected guild rewards and after the challenge ended you could not collect them? SERIOUSLY?

Yes if you don't collect the rewards before the event closes you lose the rewards.

@zoson Obviously it's never happened to me, so I had no idea.
    I wasn't aware they disappear when the event ends, I've never waited that long to collect. Thanks for the heads up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016

That's exactly what I do too @TroubleMan :smiley:

Tammy
  • StardustBiscuitStardustBiscuit Member Posts: 5
    Bye 15.000 trade points! both bruiser armor. Every-single-time.. bruiser bruiser bruiser.
This discussion has been closed.