Deadly spike/Hunting bow traits

Some of you might have seen my previous post requesting for a trait change on the new weapons. The feedback was positive and @Fluxxx requested a poll so here we are...

Deadly spike/Hunting bow traits 103 votes

Change both. Spike - silver destructive, gold charging/razor. Bow - High powered, charging, piercing.
38%
TAnchoBuckzzpsychwolfJCSinWDnadecirKyrusWaltz46n2MaD VapoRRickMSApradiThanosOfTitanRealClareBWalkerStomperFirekidKratosMFJigsawWellyLugafearofthedarkWhoareyouBelgarath 40 votes
Just charging on the spike as above. Switch destructive and high powered on the bow.
36%
TheCrabjimmydawiseATLAS-ZStHallromeoanthony172TWDaddictionBenoitADPaqMojakuaquilaDanski_46Lady JDeathwish19tjhookrKriegBillbamManselleSlizeonesoul 38 votes
Keep them as they are!
2%
avelardezLucildence[Deleted User] 3 votes
Change the special function of the spike to swift strike. Replace the swift strike trait with threat reduction
16%
Captainslayerp_heriandungeonmaster201MattOfEarthjrodrf2dalmerRiotZappaMario_RomeroSpikedadam1899AchillesVSarge_MrChrisToonygrzechExpIgorGGTTunez 17 votes
Other
4%
LokianGovernatorHerbergeCronusBilldinger 5 votes
TJCartromeodavidanimus02Paste

Comments

• JordanYukiJordanYuki Member Posts: 149
    Change both. Spike - silver destructive, gold charging/razor. Bow - High powered, charging, piercing.
    I’d prefer if the hunting bow didn’t have the same traits as the winter bow
    ShadowWalkertjhookrATLAS-ZRiotZappa
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,144
    Just charging on the spike as above. Switch destructive and high powered on the bow.
    Honestly I will never use a single hit scout weapon so it will follow the pumpkin carver into the dust bin. The bow TR only on charged attacks makes this a marginal weapon, probably only useful higher up on shooter charge weeks.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

aquilaCarl_Tyreese999
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 874
    I think they're fine as is, but they're kind of similar to the Pumpkin Carver (or Daryl's Knife if you bought that), and Winter Bow. I think gold charging would be a great trait for these weapons, and offer more variety to your overall arsenal.
  • BenoitBenoit Member Posts: 61
    Silver charging and gold destructive on spike will make it a huge charged attacks for Rick
    Don't remove high powered on the bow it will make the range too small. Silver high powered and gold destructive will be perfect 👌
    Governatorromeoaquila
  • BilldingerBilldinger Member Posts: 302
    Other
    What @Billbam said, I never use single enemy scout weapons. I rarely use shooters as well. The only value to any of this is giving these weapons some insane new powers which differentiate them from what is already out there. As of right now, I won't pay a bit of money to reset the Distance 3 times to get a weapon that I basically already have, and have scrapped (Pumpkin Carver). The real 3000 Token reward should be a new version of the Kingdom Spear that isn't nerfed with base damage. The Deadly Spike and Hunter Bow will never be upgraded or unlocked for me. I will save my gold/money on this campaign.
    romeoKyrusDeathwish19Jankel
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,186
    You DEFINITELY still want destructive on the Bow, which means charging isn't even an option there.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    romeoaquila
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,289
    Other
    Spike - Silver Charging & Gold Destructive/Razor (this would be great if it was a version of Daryl's Knife with built-in extra damage however this combo will maximize critical damage...and yes I know you possibly could find this for free but good luck with that)

Bow - Silver Hi-powered & Gold Destructive/Charging (cousin of the winter bow that provides more charged damage and quicker to charge...still one of my go to trait combinations for the The Distance and this combo would be Challenge worthy)
    GovernatorpradiJayZSPC_TORRES
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 735
    I agree with most here on the scout weapon, but a silent TR shooter weapon still sounds interesting to me. I just wish it'd be on every kill, not just charged attacks.
  • IgorGGTIgorGGT Member Posts: 51
    Change the special function of the spike to swift strike. Replace the swift strike trait with threat reduction
    long range spike, bow as it is
  • BilldingerBilldinger Member Posts: 302
    Other
    Other: Long Range Spike. Don't care about the Bow.
    Kyrus
    high-powered (silver) charging/piercing (gold) with a damage boost?
    ShadowWalker
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 490
    edited May 2020
    I personally think gold razor gold destructive silver charging for the spike. But I wouldn’t be mad either way

A gun need destructive imo. That’s one I wouldn’t want to part with
    Buckzzaquila
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,019
    @TWDaddiction @ATLAS-Z I hear you on the bow. I just remember having a weapon with these traits and it was by far the strongest shooter weapon I've ever had. Not since the winter bow was released, but the main strength to that weapon is the zero threat which the hunter bow has. Maybe lack of destructive would be too costly but if you were lucky enough to get a kill on the follow up you had a good chance of having a charge to use every turn. Rick in lead would mean charge damage remains high and it would be really strong for circulating charges.

It is the spike that I am more interested in as shooters aren't really too viable at high level. I just think using the spike with Daryl, first prowl razor triggers for the kill and you're fully charged with half an action point left...

It at least gives it a niche that doesn't already exist in the game! Thanks for all the responses so far, appreciate the feedback.
    TWDaddictionPaste
    edited May 2020
    Yeah I get that too @WellyLuga

Like I said, I wouldn’t be mad either way. Part of me just feels like a critical hit happens WAY more often then the kill obviously. So having that higher, guaranteed extra destructive damage every critical hit is big. HD as an example. Say you do get two crit hits each drive by, that was an extra 20% damage each drive by. That adds up

And I would say if charging was only a 5% difference, that’s not even worth it. But it’s 10% so that is noticeable

Again. Not mad either way. I’m just glad we get to vote. That’s freakin awesome
    WellyLugaPaste
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2020
    Gold charging gives about 1/3 chance of extra charge. On scout/shooter weapon it will be effectively extra charge every 6 kills (second kill gives full charge anyway).
    IMO it's a wasted trait.

In the other hand guaranteed second move/attack after kill opens completely new tactics for scouts.
    IgorGGTromeoWellyLuga
  • CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,289
    Other
    dalmer said:

Gold charging gives about 1/3 chance of extra charge. On scout/shooter weapon it will be effectively extra charge every 6 kills (second kill gives full charge anyway).

IMO it's a wasted trait.

In the other hand guaranteed second move/attack after kill opens completely new tactics for scouts.

I still want charging but silver. It's more about the extra damage than the extra charge point anyway.Silver charging with gold destructive/razor will maximize your charged attack.
    GovernatorSPC_TORRES
    edited May 2020
    @dalmer It's an interesting suggestion for sure, if it doesn't make it into the game here maybe NG can implement it at a later date. We have multiple variants of the spear and Daryl's knife.

This is a chance based game and I'm a gambling man though, hence my suggestion. Some here for instance want gold destructive over charging but even that has a 55% chance of doing nothing every turn that isn't a charge attack. Even then if razor does work and CC doesn't it also does nothing.
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 231
    WellyLuga said:

@dalmer It's an interesting suggestion for sure, if it doesn't make it into the game here maybe NG can implement it at a later date. We have multiple variants of the spear and Daryl's knife.

This is a chance based game and I'm a gambling man though, hence my suggestion. Some here for instance want gold destructive over charging but even that has a 55% chance of doing nothing every turn that isn't a charge attack. Even then if razor does work and CC doesn't it also does nothing.

Well, my suggestions are nothing if not interesting. :p

Thanks for putting up the poll @WellyLuga :)
    WellyLuga
    If it's charged shooter events @WellyLuga I'd agree.

Start charged, and with luck stay charged.

Lots of luck but it could happen.

Outside that event though I don't see how you kill anything to get charged unless it's RGG or Sasha or Rick or somebody passing a charge.

Definitely see the merit of your proposal. I think either option is good.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Send me a PM
    WellyLuga

I went with my gut reaction...

Looking at it now I have a lot of questions.

How much damage would a fully buffed shooter with x3 crit damage do with Rick leading... Using both gold destructive vs gold charging??

Our page :

Send me a PM
    edited May 2020
    I'm sure the damage Gap is higher with level 30 guns. If anyone has those to compare it would be really great to see.

Our page :

Send me a PM
    WellyLuga
    edited May 2020
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > I'm sure the damage Gap is higher with level 30 guns. If anyone has those to compare it would be really great to see.

Nice work. It looks to be around the 10% mark. Obviously destructive would also help on non-body shot normal attacks so there is that too. It's a considerable trade off I guess and the poll results reflect that! That charging/piercing combo is nice though and I do miss it :lol:

Edit to add: this was from a pre-razor era where ranged was king and RSL40 was a myth so it may not be as good as it used to be.
    ATLAS-Z
    Yeah it would be nice if the range increase was built into the special functionality. Kind of like the area increase is built into the shotguns and doesn't require a wasted trait. Then you could have all three piercing charging and destructive

Our page :

Send me a PM
    JordanYuki
    Was thinking the same thing earlier, put high-powered in its special functionality and give it destructive (silver) piercing/ charging (gold). Always needing the same traits to make a good weapon is boring. @ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z
    edited May 2020
    I guess it's too late to change my vote, but I'm on the fence now that I've had time to think about it...

No tactical movement so sure shot is useless, so noncharging crits are kinda a non factor.

That said, losing out on a bit of end power for a +35% chance at a free charge point...?

I definitely see the value there.
    (Edit to add) especially on a weapon whose main selling point is it special functionality charge attack.

Our page :

Send me a PM
    JordanYuki
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 874
    Interesting @ATLAS-Z , so they both can kill a lv 43 normal walker, but the difference is that gold destructive might kill a lv 44. That doesn't seem like a big difference to me, in fact you may actually want the lv 44 to not die because then you could kill it and gain an easy charge point. Of course there could also be a situation where you might want to kill the 44 and attack something else. At this point I would be happy with either.
    Let’s do that. Build in high powered and TR

Then give us charging, piercing and destructive. I’ll reset for that 😉
    ShadowWalkerATLAS-ZWellyLuga
    > @TWDaddiction said:
    > Let’s do that. Build in high powered and TR
    >
    > Then give us charging, piercing and destructive. I’ll reset for that 😉

That would solve the whole debate but I didn't want to be too greedy :lol: