Spring mayhem update

Comments

• CrocodileCrocodile Member Posts: 860
    > @Fluxxx said:
    > My bad, let me clarify a bit further. We take either the avg. of top 3 survivors, or the highest equip-able equipment level. If there's a weapon that you got from a crate that you cannot equip - that's fine.

And what to do players who upgraded weapon? Deleting they donate weapon? Nice business model :)
    Karajoca
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    > @Crocodile said:
    > > @Fluxxx said:
    > > My bad, let me clarify a bit further. We take either the avg. of top 3 survivors, or the highest equip-able equipment level. If there's a weapon that you got from a crate that you cannot equip - that's fine.
    >
    >
    > And what to do players who upgraded weapon? Deleting they donate weapon? Nice business model :)
    >
    >

No, they can still use their weapons as normal so they won’t need to delete them.
    TCBRITO
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,069
    I dont think it is the average of the equipment level, the way I read it is it THE highest, so one piece of over upgraded gear will get you. IMO anyway
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

GradyATLAS-Z
  • CrocodileCrocodile Member Posts: 860
    > @TJCart said:
    > > @Crocodile said:
    > > > @Fluxxx said:
    > > > My bad, let me clarify a bit further. We take either the avg. of top 3 survivors, or the highest equip-able equipment level. If there's a weapon that you got from a crate that you cannot equip - that's fine.
    > >
    > >
    > > And what to do players who upgraded weapon? Deleting they donate weapon? Nice business model :)
    > >
    > >
    >
    > No, they can still use their weapons as normal so they won’t need to delete them.

but they can't play GW even they equip weapon same lvl that survivors
    edited May 2020
    > @Billbam said:
    > I dont think it is the average of the equipment level, the way I read it is it THE highest, so one piece of over upgraded gear will get you. IMO anyway

> @Fluxxx said:
    > We take either the avg. of top 3 survivors, or the highest equip-able equipment level.

@Billbam you could be right, lol
    I was thinking he said “avg of either A or B,” but he actually said “either avg of A, OR B,” Which is a lot more ambiguous in meaning and could definitely mean what you are saying.

(I was originally preparing the response to say that you were wrong, Billbam, lol)
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 489
    edited May 2020
    @Crocodile how do you disagree when it’s the right information I posted 😂 sorry you disagree with what NG implemented, but my statement was correct. Fluxx even re commented assuring that.

Either way, you don’t need to delete your weapons. That would be a huge waste of reinforcement tokens. Just upgrade your toons so you’re caught up to “normal”

All though coding wise, I’m sure if you deleted your high level (equitable), weapons, it would even out. But again, that would’ve been a big waste of reinforcement tokens

And again to reiterate what flux said. If you do happen to have a lvl 20 survivor but have NOT upgraded your workshop to allow for higher weapons. Aka you can NOT equip a lvl 24 weapon. Then this doesn’t apply to you. This is only if you upgraded early and can equip your survivors with higher then the “normal” lvl 23 gear on a 20 survivor
    TJCartTCBRITO
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 368
    @Fluxxx Can you say if the difficulties of sectors will remain the same or if will be changed, example Sector 4E now will be lv39 - lv40 - lv40 - lv41, Sector 4F lv41 - lv42 - lv42 - lv43?

Just asking because in the update notes I saw that Sector Hard has difficulties from lv29 - lv31, in the old format was lv30 - lv32
    TJCart
  • kmrkmr Member Posts: 139
    edited May 2020
    mimica said:

@Fluxxx Can you say if the difficulties of sectors will remain the same or if will be changed, example Sector 4E now will be lv39 - lv40 - lv40 - lv41, Sector 4F lv41 - lv42 - lv42 - lv43?

Just asking because in the update notes I saw that Sector Hard has difficulties from lv29 - lv31, in the old format was lv30 - lv32

It was an account with camp level 73, so probably lvl26 survivors, therefore all difficulty levels are lower.
    TJCartGradymimica
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 815
    TJCart said:

> @Burmeliinis said:

> (Quote)

> Ok, so if we take an example.

>

> Your top 3 survivors are level 20, one is 3 pink stars, the others no pink stars.

> You have top 2 weapons upgraded with reinforcement tokens to level 30. You also have several weapons at lvl 27, which you can't equip. All other equippable weapons are lvl 23.

(30+30+23)/3= 27.6

So lvl 28 as starting difficulty.

Similar calculations to running with mixed level teams currently. For example, most survivors at lvl 6, and one at lvl 13, would get you lvl 8 starting difficulty.

This can't be right, as Fluxx said weapons are calculated as "weapon level - 3" so a lvl 30 weapon would be calculated as lvl 27.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    TJCart
    edited May 2020

This can't be right, as Fluxx said weapons are calculated as "weapon level - 3" so a lvl 30 weapon would be calculated as lvl 27.

You're right, I forgot to subtract by 3 in my haste. I'm more curious to know if Billbam's interpretation of Fluxxx's statement is correct. It would leave far fewer options for skirting the rules.

• SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 631
    > @Steeboon said:
    > I assume we will be having a revised GW map since we have fewer attacks now. Able to disclose the map layout in advance? @Fluxxx

@Fluxxx will the number of sectors be reduced ?
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,037
    Billbam said:

I dont think it is the average of the equipment level, the way I read it is it THE highest, so one piece of over upgraded gear will get you. IMO anyway

Yes, that's correct. The average only applies to the top 3 survivors.
    Steeboon said:

> @Steeboon said:

> I assume we will be having a revised GW map since we have fewer attacks now. Able to disclose the map layout in advance? @Fluxxx

@Fluxxx will the number of sectors be reduced ?

Map will be expanded by a bit as there's potentially 10 participants instead of 5. As for the map layout, not something I can disclose now.
    SteeboonSg_Death
  • CrowTRobotCrowTRobot Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2020
    I “favorited” my 4 best bruisers. Then in the distance I tried to select one, and all favs are not in front of list. @Fluxxx
    edited May 2020
    They should be at the front of the list after the survivors that are placed on your team, could you confirm if that's the case?
  • CrowTRobotCrowTRobot Member Posts: 91
    No. Seems the “heros” are in front of list, but Sobchek is a regular survivor, and does not show in front of list.
    Alright, thanks for the report - should be an easy one to sort out!
    CrowTRobot
  • ManselleManselle Member Posts: 49
    I agree with @Busta , i know that this will be beneficial on NG financially, as this new items and can be bought with gold..
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 192
    I didn't test it yet but grenades should be a massive help in high levels. Above lvl40 they have lots of hit points, especially special walkers. 50% health damage definitely penetrates big.
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 739
    edited May 2020
    @ATLAS-Z said:
    > Here's a thought...
    >
    > Change what awards stars in challenge missions.
    >
    > 3 - stars (no tools used)
    > 2 - stars (no struggle)
    > 1 - star (compete Mission)
    >
    > (Yes I know people don't care much about three stars at Master mission 50 plus so I'm not sure how much this would help but it's something)

I like this idea, but I think people will respond better if we get something for not using tools, rather than penalizing those that do use them. So how about earning a bonus star if you complete a mission without using tools? Or maybe some bonus reward for completing the MM or the entire round without using tools?
    ATLAS-ZManselle
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 604
    I really appreciate this update. I see only one down side with GW. You made a bigger map but if go in with 10 can only battle 4 of 6 battles. We are forced to use 7 or 6 on a team to complete the full 6 battles. And ti get the most guild points for the season of the war. It seems to now be not a benefit to play all 6 days with 6 to 7 on a team instead of 4 days of 10 on a team. @Fluxxx. not sure if this has been brought up anywhere else.

I do appreciate the changes small and big that where made. Lately all updates have been pretty good. Like now at pink stars it says when body shots are more likely by clicking the exclamation sign.
    Firekid
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,738
    edited May 2020
    @rogueDS Yeah we're wondering the same. The game is programmed to match you up with similarly stacked teams but I think I would rather go in with 10 on 4/6 and have a good chance of winning than go in with 6/7 on all of them and run the risk of coming up against a team with 8-10 and end up losing.

I'm unsure how that will affect your scores on the leaderboard.
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 379
    Grenades will complete brake any skills/strategy from the game. On the maps like Straw men or Double trouble they will be game changer. 100% money grab, spoiling unfortunately the game.
    3vilrineRiotZappa
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,299
    edited May 2020
    Unless the grenades can completely take out a tank, goe, armor or metal head in one hit, then they will be nothing big. 5 special attacks against the whole map? Well 50 special attacks with a team of 10. But if they just ignite then it’s like using the incendiary rifle, BBQ assault rifle or Devils Torch. And you waste it. Plus you lose 3 turns. It’s very situational but I’m use it well.
    romeoAndy_b
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 361
    It won't help with sales, but rather than buying or acquiring medkits and grenades, they should be placed inside locked crates (NG can figure out how many turns is reasonable to unlock) within the map. This would then allow anyone to choose whether or not to obtain the tool as part of their strategy.
    jimmorrison369
  • Sam64SmithSam64Smith Member Posts: 5
    No new survivors 🙁 can you let us have more of the same atleast?

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,738
    edited May 2020
    > @avelardez said:
    > Unless the grenades can completely take out a tank, goe, armor or metal head in one hit, then they will be nothing big. 5 special attacks against the whole map? Well 50 special attacks with a team of 10. But if they just ignite then it’s like using the incendiary rifle, BBQ assault rifle or Devils Torch. And you waste it. Plus you lose 3 turns. It’s very situational but I’m use it well.

They deal 50% of a walkers health, unsure at this point if that applies the same to a tank but if it does that's huge. You don't lose 3 turns, you can still attack for all 3 turns you just can't use another grenade for that long.
    ShadowWalkerignasBusta