Suggestion for minimizing GW level abuse (flat badges and reinforced weapons with lower levels)

PastePaste Member Posts: 798
edited May 2020 in Guild Wars Discussion
MAX( AVG(top 3 survivors), HPSL -2)

HPSL: "Highest Potential Survivor Level" (based on council or profile level breakpoints, whichever is easier to use).

This is the same way as now, but if you have a profile or council level high enough for survivor level 27's, the algorithm expects you to have at least level 25 survivors. If you don't have that, you are likely trying to abuse levels somehow.

This is based on @Firekid's suggestion, but makes it easier to level up without being punished at hard breakpoints where you'd have to stop upgrading building until the GW season ends (and then upgrade three buildings + all equipment and survivors you need for GW before the next season starts), in order not to be at a disadvantage.

Maybe this is too late considering NG is likely working on the next GW patch already, but since I don't know that for a fact I thought I would share it anyway.
If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
kookaburra

Comments

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,147
    I for one have a lower level 2nd account with a council above normal, I have done this to allow for more XP storage so I can hoard it for a 5 sec.upgrades This way I can mass upgrade my heroes and gear fast and all at the same time. Just one other reason.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Silverhawk
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 798
    edited April 2020
    Good to know, and sorry for including you in the "likely trying to abuse levels" group. I know you're not.

However, I think the game mechanics should prioritize people's main accounts. If it was your main account I think you would want to get your survivor levels up for better payoff in scavenging missions, challenges and distance?

I also have a testing account that would get punished for this, but that's in part because it's what I wanted to test.

I see only two types of solution for this. One is using HPSL, and the other is adding a max level relative to the survivor level on equipment and badges (which makes flat badges even more pointless than now).
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    Silverhawk
    edited May 2020
    From the last update:

"Minimum level of missions in Guild Wars is now starting from 12 (if your characters are level 12 or higher, this change does not affect you)"

"Upgraded level of equipment is also taken into account for Guild Wars missions offset calculations"

Maybe this will be enough for some of the worst offenders, but I was hoping for more. We'll see :)
    Silverhawk
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 393
    > @Paste said:
    > "Upgraded level of equipment is also taken
    > into account for Guild Wars missions offset
    > calculations"

I wonder how this is implemented. If they did it the right way, only level of equipment of currently selected team is taken into account. Maybe @Fluxxx can provide some more details.
    Paste
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,964
    My guess is it will take a which ever is higher approach. So if you have level 27 survivors but only leave 25 gear then starting difficulty will be 27.
    If you have upgraded level 27 gear but only level 15 survivors starting level will be 27.
    TJCart
    I don't want to assume that it's based on your highest level equipment/survivor now, considering it was based on the average survivor levels before.

I guess we'll see.
  • GalexGalex Member Posts: 37
    Верните деньги за мое время на альтов, за мой донат на оружие, за мой донат на перекаты, за мой донат на улучшение оружия, вы в Очередной раз пошли на поводу у нытиков, при этом мне как новичку в очередной раз кусать локти, окей я Голосую всегда своим временем и деньгам и все это не в вашу пользу, вы кинули людей с прошлым газом за ВГ и в очередной раз кидаете на деньги, зачем мне с вами сотрудничать , если вы в первую очередь смотрите не на игровой процесс и на интерес к игре, а на свой карман. 4 из 6 дней играть на ВГ? Очередной донат на аптечки и гранаты, вы серьезно? При этом необоснованные баны и низкий сервис предоставления услуг.
    bаnksymiori199373TCBRITO
  • bаnksybаnksy Member Posts: 4
    Прекрасно ребята, очередное умное решение с вашей стороны. Тратя по 50-100 $ в неделю не игру мне бы не хотелось необоснованного поднятия сложности моего прохождения войны. Нужно было думать сразу после введения жетонов чем это грозит я потратил деньги и время для поднятия оружия у своих персонажей на нескольких аккаунтах. Почему теперь я должен это все потерять??? Может быть вы вернёте деньги раз теперь мой вклад денег и времени ни черта не стоит?🤷🏻‍♂️
    miori199373TCBRITO
    Russian cheater 1 said:
    Refund money for my time for altos, for my donat for weapons, for my donat for rifts, for my donat for improvement of weapons, Once again, you went on about whiners, while I like to bite my elbows once again, okay I always vote with my time and money and all this is not in your favor, you threw people with past gas for VG and once again threw money, why should I cooperate with you if you are not looking at the game process and interest in game, and in your pocket. 4 out of 6 days to play on VG? Another donat for first-aid kits and grenades, are you serious? At the same time, unreasonable bans and low service provision.

Russian cheater 2 said:
    Great guys, another smart decision on your part. Spending $ 50-100 a week not a game, I would not want to unreasonably raise the complexity of my passage of the war. I had to think immediately after the introduction of the tokens about what it threatens. I spent money and time to raise weapons for my characters on several accounts. Why now should I lose it all ??? Maybe you will return the money once now my contribution of money and time is not worth a damn thing? 🤷🏻‍♂️
    TCBRITOxbamfxNezoSilverhawk
  • bаnksybаnksy Member Posts: 4
    > @Paste said:
    > Russian cheater 1 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    > Russian cheater 2 said:
    > (Quote)

Дорогу знаешь куда пойти ? Или подсказать? Разработчики оставили возможность улучшать оружие сколько угодно раз и это только их проблема что они сделали это именно так! Зачем мне было что то улучшать покаркать жетоны если я мог не покупать и сидеть поднимать героев. Я воспользовался именно той возможностью которую мне оставили разработчики и потратил на неё свой кэш. Ну что же давайте вернём все после того как деньги спущены. А ещё предлагаю все что получено старыми игроками нечестным образом тоже свести на нет и уровнять всех:) на этом все. Если нужно подсказать тебе куда пойти то я с удовольствием жалкий ты 🐛:)
    xbamfxreekookrSilverhawk
  • miori199373miori199373 Member Posts: 47
    Mistakes of developers, it's not us cheaters, but their miscalculation. And the holes should be fixed instantly. The breaks are cheating, and increasing the arsenal for tokens and not a small donut is the game mechanics of the process, good players see all the ways and use it, while others just whine and poke their fingers, I spent enough money from the beginning of the introduction of reinforcement tokens, and I think your decision is not fair , my heroes are of a high enough level, but I raise all donation weapons for tokens and did not think that for my investments they will also insult me. The difference between the cheater and the player using the donat is probably clear to the child, why say such words?
    ignasTCBRITOxbamfxSilverhawk
    Lol! Hilarious!
    And by the way, where is my gas for past wars
    psychwolfxbamfxNezodalmerSCBMA
    Why are you Russians using so many donuts?

Anyway, GW is in beta, They can change it as much as they want in order to improve and stabilize the format to avoids exploits and make it as fair as possible.

You found a loophole and abused it. Don't act as if you thought it'd last forever, and that it wouldn't backfire on you. You're not that dumb.
    ignasTCBRITOxbamfxSilverhawkSCBMA
    Мои герои 24 уровня о лазейки я узнала с вашего сайта, так что ребята кто из нас знал и пользовался это большой вопрос? 😂
    xbamfxreekookr
    edited May 2020
    :D :D :D
    xbamfxreekookr
    My heroes of level 24 I found out about loopholes from your site, so guys who of us knew and enjoyed this big question? 😂
    xbamfx
    What do you think I stole it?
    xbamfx
    Ouch. That hurts. You should try to level up your main heroes to 26 as fast as possible.
    TCBRITOSilverhawkghost_pepper
    edited May 2020
    I appreciate that you're google translating your own messages instead of posting in Russian, but often the output is ambiguous, and difficulty to respond to.
    Silverhawk
    ...or you could level up two more levels so that the survivors match your equipment levels. You clearly have the council level for it already, and you have a week until the next war starts. Leveling everyone up will take a long time, but you won't need most of them for GW anyway. Maybe start with your main bruisers and scout.
    So you saw you had an advantage over others in guild wars by not levelling you your survivors but reinforcing your weapons. Now that advantage has been taken away and you have to play the game as it was intended you are angry? NG have always said that higher level survivors should give you more stars/be better than lower level.
    It’s 5 second survivor upgrades at the moment I’d suggest you get a move on and level your survivors up.
    PasteTCBRITO
    I bought a good dress that was offered to me for a lot of money, and what I did not really need it for, I needed to live without it not bad, and everyone liked it, but then they took him away without giving anything in return and called me a thief? And do you think this is right? Then I will no longer shop in your stores, sorry.
    PasteTCBRITOFirekid
    Your compatriots that posted before you refused to take responsibility and instead blamed the developers, so I didn't emphasize with them. If they would have used this advantage and accepted the change I wouldn't have cared. You all put yourself in the situation you are. The developers never promised you that you could keep the unfair advantage you had. In fact they promised they would try to prevent it.

I hope it goes well for all of you and that you keep enjoying this game though. Maybe this war will start rough for you, but make the best out of the situation and next time you find out about some loophole like this, don't expect it to stay.
    TCBRITOSilverhawkSCBMA
    edited May 2020
    Here are my purchases