Deadly spike/Hunting bow traits

Comments

• GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,247
    Other
    I’d want to have Gold Destructive on both weapons. Silver Charging on the Spike and Gold Charging on the Bow.

Of course, Gold Razor on the Spike and Silver High-Powered on the Bow.

Others have said the same thing. I’m adding to their vote.

I could live with Silver Damage instead of Charging on the Spike.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,738
    Change both. Spike - silver destructive, gold charging/razor. Bow - High powered, charging, piercing.
    I love charging on a shooter weapon, used to have a short range one I used often, use your charge attack then attack with others and hope they leave one with a little health and charge up again. We have so many weapons with destructive etc. Let’s have something different!
    WellyLugaJordanYukiTWDaddiction
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,739
    Change both. Spike - silver destructive, gold charging/razor. Bow - High powered, charging, piercing.
    > @Firekid said:
    > I love charging on a shooter weapon, used to have a short range one I used often, use your charge attack then attack with others and hope they leave one with a little health and charge up again. We have so many weapons with destructive etc. Let’s have something different!

We need a few more change both votes then! 3 behind currently :lol:

So many weapons are range, piercing and destructive!
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 489
    Just charging on the spike as above. Switch destructive and high powered on the bow.
    > @Firekid said:
    > I love charging on a shooter weapon, used to have a short range one I used often, use your charge attack then attack with others and hope they leave one with a little health and charge up again. We have so many weapons with destructive etc. Let’s have something different!

I actually wanted to say this. Just to have something different. Different is always good.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,661
    Just charging on the spike as above. Switch destructive and high powered on the bow.
    @Fluxxx @WellyLuga if you start a new poll... I'll swing my votes the other way. A few guys from my team voted same as me.

Or you can just take 4 blue votes and pretend they're red. :wink:

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    ShadowWalkerWellyLuga
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,070
    I would switch a blue to red...if I could change it
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Haha yeah it would be easier if Fluxxx could just do that rather than starting a complete new poll :lol:

I'm happy either way to be fair!
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,738
    As long as it’s not the traits they have I’m happy but preference is charging. Be interesting to see what they do.
    WellyLugaThanosOfTitan
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 489
    > @psychwolf said:
    > Someone convince me which way to vote. I'm too lazy to think about the traits of each weapon for myself.

Vote for change both to makeup for @ATLAS-Z vote wanting to change 😉
  • AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 199
    Change the special function of the spike to swift strike. Replace the swift strike trait with threat reduction
    I like the idea of a guaranteed swift strike on the spike, but also want high powered on shooter weapon.
  • DedmonDedmon Member Posts: 21
    Change Both
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 290
    edited May 2020
    Replacing destructive with charging will give the bow better usage at low levels but it will be useless at earlier levels because you won't kill anything with it soon without destructive. People are well underestimating the damage contribution of destructive.

With a destructive bow we will have a ranged threat reduction weapon usable at even high levels especially under Rick's lead and in the hands of Aaron. This may even save a little from domination of prowl.
    TCBRITOjimmydawise
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 293
    Having charging on the bow and giving it to haggle would mean it charges or has another shot almost every time, I am down with that
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Amazon’s 
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 83
    Change the special function of the spike to swift strike. Replace the swift strike trait with threat reduction
    I think the idea of changing traits on hunting bow was not thought over. People changing their minds in voting only proof that.
    With gold high-powered it could still benefit from Sure Shot thus Destructive as well.
    With Alpha as a leader and Silent Daryl maybe ranged teams could be little more useful on some maps with lurking walkers.
    Changing traits either way will make this bow only usable on charged-shooters events.

Make the Ranged Teams Great Again! ;)
  • MoreCowBellMoreCowBell Member Posts: 20
    I want an end level Shooter. Charging wouldn't do anything at 40+. Destructive and guaranteed TR, now you're getting my panties moist
    TCBRITOaquila
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 740
    > @MoreCowBell said:
    > I want an end level Shooter. Charging wouldn't do anything at 40+. Destructive and guaranteed TR, now you're getting my panties moist

That is simply not true. @ATLAS-Z posted a walker health chart and screenshots comparing damage between gold charging and destructive. Gold charging and destructive were both able to kill a 43 normal walker, while destructive was maybe able to kill 44. That was comparing lv 27 weapons by the way, so my guess is that at level 30 both will kill 44 or 45, destructive might kill 45 or 46. Basically there isn't going to be much difference between lv 40-45, and after 45 how often are shooters used anyway?

The bigger question is what is better outside of the charged attack, getting a critical hit (benefits destructive) or actually charging up? Considering critical chance is capped at 90% and piercing is only 30% (unless you have Alpha in lead) that will give you a maximum chance of 27%. Most players don't have 90% CC though, so best case scenario is around 50% with Sure Shot and 10% base CC, so maybe 15%-20% chance of getting a critical hit. Meanwhile you have a 30% chance to gain a charge point with gold charging, more like 35%+ with lucky.

Both are good traits, and I'll be happy with either at this point. However, I would prefer charging since destructive is already on the Winter Bow, and I would like more variety.
    JordanYukiWellyLugaATLAS-ZCronus
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,661
    CHANGE MY VOTE TO RED @Fluxxx !!!

AND 4-5 more from my team change to red!!

HUZZAH!!!!!

Lol

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    JordanYukiPaste
  • SpikedSpiked Member Posts: 158
    Put TR instead of SS and get the SS on charged attack that would be an excellent f2p weapon. That’s my vote.
    aquilafearofthedark
  • MoreCowBellMoreCowBell Member Posts: 20

> @MoreCowBell said:

> I want an end level Shooter. Charging wouldn't do anything at 40+. Destructive and guaranteed TR, now you're getting my panties moist

That is simply not true. @ATLAS-Z posted a walker health chart and screenshots comparing damage between gold charging and destructive. Gold charging and destructive were both able to kill a 43 normal walker, while destructive was maybe able to kill 44. That was comparing lv 27 weapons by the way, so my guess is that at level 30 both will kill 44 or 45, destructive might kill 45 or 46. Basically there isn't going to be much difference between lv 40-45, and after 45 how often are shooters used anyway?

The bigger question is what is better outside of the charged attack, getting a critical hit (benefits destructive) or actually charging up? Considering critical chance is capped at 90% and piercing is only 30% (unless you have Alpha in lead) that will give you a maximum chance of 27%. Most players don't have 90% CC though, so best case scenario is around 50% with Sure Shot and 10% base CC, so maybe 15%-20% chance of getting a critical hit. Meanwhile you have a 30% chance to gain a charge point with gold charging, more like 35%+ with lucky.

Both are good traits, and I'll be happy with either at this point. However, I would prefer charging since destructive is already on the Winter Bow, and I would like more variety.

My thinking is different. 45-46 is a big deal. 4 extra levels of the challenge. I like beating my Personal Best. A weapon that makes it easier to just make it to the end level, means nothing to my game.

Rick's LT is a perfect match to lead a team with a TR, destructive bow.
    aquila
    edited May 2020
    I made a short test. Aaron under Rick's lead dealt 105-135k charged attack damage with a gold charging weapon, while 130-150k damage with a gold destructive weapon. Average 120 vs. 140k will make a serious difference exactly when you need it.
    Besides destructive will boost non-charged critical hits too.
    My test showed 38k average damage with charging weapon vs. 48k average damage with destructive weapon.
    These differences will go higher on increased shooter damage weeks and also will be multiplied by approximately 1,2 after each council upgrade.
    TCBRITO
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    @aquila
    I object to the last argument.
    Yes the absolute difference will grow with 18% each update, but the relative difference won't.

Walker level grows relatively too, so...
    That doesn't mean anything.

The rest of your comment seems sensible.
    Cronus
    edited May 2020
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > Flaming crossbow, winter bow, harpoon gun, flaming crossbow pistol, now this - all these weapons are range, piercing and destructive and it's just a little boring to me.

It's interesting definition of boring. ;)

IMO these traits are what makes those weapons valuable.

- Speargun with range, piercing and destructive would be a lot more usable then it is now.

- changing destructive for charging on harpoon gun would not make it more fun. It would make it worse.

- Razor is the most "boring" trait on melee weapons, but I don't think that changing it for anything else would be a good idea. (Anyway I think it should be built-in in EVERY melee weapon)
    ATLAS-Zaquila
    dalmer said:

> @WellyLuga said:

> Flaming crossbow, winter bow, harpoon gun, flaming crossbow pistol, now this - all these weapons are range, piercing and destructive and it's just a little boring to me.

It's interesting definition of boring. ;)

IMO these traits are what makes those weapons valuable.

- Speargun with range, piercing and destructive would be a lot more usable then it is now.

- changing destructive for charging on harpoon gun would not make it more fun. It would make it worse.

- Razor is the most "boring" trait on melee weapons, but I don't think that changing it for anything else would be a good idea. (Anyway I think it should be built-in in EVERY melee weapon)

Each player is different I guess :lol:. I care more about gameplay mechanics than the pretty numbers that pop up after critical hit! I agree on the speargun, absolutely as it is mainly designed with Metalheads in mind and they have a lot of health.

I see your point on the harpoon too but only because it is strongest with Sasha and she doesn't need charging to help her. If Sasha was taken out of the equation and Alpha was the strongest hunter, then wouldn't charging be a much more useful trait then? It would be the only way to root and then re-charge for the next turn without a multi-kill.

I won't get into a discussion about razor here as it's not really relevant but I do agree. As soon as razor was released it became the only trait we couldn't live without and so much of the game depends on it.
    At least we all agree that no need for gold range (highpowered) for the bow I think 😊
    Silver is enough.
    ShadowWalkerTCBRITO
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > then wouldn't charging be a much more useful trait then? It would be the only way to root and then re-charge for the next turn without a mult-kill

I don't agree.

TLTR: you need destructive for damage dealers.

For 30% charging to work you need a kill.

If killing is easy, than any combination of traits is irrelevant.

If it's hard, then destructive with range and piercing (and sure shot) COULD (because of destructive) give you safe (range) one-shot kill in 30% of cases so it's more effective then charging (without destructive and kill).

If your shooter is just finishing job started by others then charging is a good idea, but you probably don't need piercing or even high-powered so:
    high-powered, charging, destructive (for long range, strong charged shot), or destructive, charging, piercing (for using with sure shot), or even lethal, charging, destructive (for maximum damage) would be a better combination. Destructive is a must imo.

If killing is very hard, then you're not using shooters anyway. :lol:
    edited May 2020
    dalmer said:

> @WellyLuga said:

> then wouldn't charging be a much more useful trait then? It would be the only way to root and then re-charge for the next turn without a mult-kill

I don't agree.

TLTR: you need destructive for damage dealers.

For 30% charging to work you need a kill.

If killing is easy, than any combination of traits is irrelevant.

If it's hard, then destructive with range and piercing (and sure shot) COULD (because of destructive) give you safe (range) one-shot kill in 30% of cases so it's more effective then charging (without destructive and kill).

If your shooter is just finishing job started by others then charging is a good idea, but you probably don't need piercing or even high-powered so:

high-powered, charging, destructive (for long range, strong charged shot), or destructive, charging, piercing (for using with sure shot), or even lethal, charging, destructive (for maximum damage) would be a better combination. Destructive is a must imo.

If killing is very hard, then you're not using shooters anyway. :lol:

Maybe for other weapons, but the main function of the harpoon gun is to root a target and then recharge to keep said target rooted. The main times it gets use is with Sasha and some combination of bruisers and assaults. Sasha pins the tank, others control a pack of walkers. Destructive is nice since it means the amount of turns you need to keep the tank pinned is lessened but at it's core the damage done is less important than re-charging.

That's my opinion on these weapons. Sure, more damage is always nice but to really get the most out of them they need you to be charged and in my opinion the charging trait amplifies this most. I would rather these weapons have a specific useful niche and purpose than be just another damage dealer.
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > The main times it gets use is with Sasha and some combination of bruisers and assaults. Sasha pins the tank, others control a pack of walkers.

At the end you need to kill this tank so changing destructive for charging would make it worse.

With Alpha, or the other hunters it will have no use for this strategy anyway so it's no point for bringing it here.

Charging will help shooter in 15% of cases AFTER a kill and rid of destructive will greatly reduce chances for this kill.
    TCBRITO
  • BilldingerBilldinger Member Posts: 279
    Other
    Who really uses shooters anyways? It's all a moot point. We all know that once we hit a certain level we are going back to the same 4 or 5 heroes everytime. If these weapons don't greatly improve what we already have for the scout class, then it's a meaningless discussion. Any single enemy scout weapon is a bummer. And shooters are capped regardless of traits of the weapon they are using.
    ShadowWalkerWellyLuga