GW after update...๐Ÿ˜ž

Iโ€™m so disappointed โ˜น๏ธ from our matching and how this is possible? We met top 11 guild in the world โ€œWild Walkingโ€ in GW and we have like 4-6 accounts less than 20 lvl heroes this is so stupid.
Pls, fix the matchmaking!!!
KarajocaaquilaRiotZappapsychwolfDeathwish19Kyrus

Comments

• TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    edited May 15
    Ostensibly, this should only be due to bugged matchmaking currently. However, it should always be possible at the start of a new season for anyone to be matched up as long as they have the same number of players on the team, due to the criteria.

@Fluxxx Whatโ€™s more interesting, is that your photo shows Wild Walking at Bronze I. I think that proves that there is a display bug in showing the other teamโ€™s tier level.

Would this seem like a possibility?
    Pastepsychwolf
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,108
    I think that'll be only possible when tiers settle and high rank guilds will move up to higher ones.
    As it is now it's like a fresh start and to the ranking system all guilds are equal, completely new and on the same lvl.

It's annoying I understand becasue myself I'd love to grab those extra rewards with extra vps multiplier for victory even though it's beta.

I haven't been in a victorious battle in months but well it is what it is.

I'm afraid though that this issiue will only go away when the beta is over and then after few wars then it'll be somewhat balanced.
    Who knows when that will be.
    psychwolf
  • aquilaaquila Member Posts: 275
    A true English gentleman ๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ˜Š
    vshield50SlizeSilverhawkDeathwish19
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 147
    Trust me @TheKing this situation is not pleasant for us in WW too. We get all matches 10 vs 10, but it's always against guilds who are obviously not our "match" and there is no fight at all.
    All i want is to kick some Mavericks asses, and had no that opportunity whole year :D Disappointing...
    PasteWellyLugavshield50psychwolf
    Seriously @Fluxxx why ranks doesn't stay after season end ? This would fix huge mistakes in MM.
    Doesn't have to stay, But "Master" can drop to Gold 1, Gold 3 to Silver 3, etc....

There will be few abuses, with brand new guilds just formed who may be stronger, but still starting from Bronze 1, but that can last only for 1 war. They will raise through ranks fast.
    Are you afraid someone will abuse system that much, that will make new guild over and over every week ? I doubt there will be many examples. Even if there are they won't affect leader board since when they re-make guild they will always start from 0.

IMO, whole system is wrong and that's why Matchmaking will never work properly. Allowing 3 participants per battle is ok, since there are very small guilds who can't have full team, but with this format (60 possible slots but you can fill only 40) you are encouraging other, full and competitive guilds to also sign up with less then they should so they can "cover" all 6 days and potentially end up with few points more. But that is so, so wrong...
    Picpsychwolf
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 341
    Kudos to you @Karajoca for pushing for change in the interest if the community as a whole instead of your own, but I don't think it's a good idea for exactly the reasons you list. In addition isn't it fair that everyone gets a fresh start? Strictly speaking you were better, and if being better gives you a handicap that makes your win rate drop, people who are after the guild shop rewards won't want to climb.
    KarajocaShadowWalker
    edited May 15
    Oh, sorry , you mean when war is not Beta, then rankings will matter for rewards ? @Paste That's different then... But i don't see why it wouldn't stay unlocked for everyone from the start like now.
    Top guilds just need some competitiveness and excitement, and that is when you can face someone "equal" . I don't think we really care for those rewards offered, and we would get them anyway, starting from 0, or from higher rank.
    But if top guilds are moved from a start to some other "league" that helps everyone to have a good matchmaking from beginning.

Why demotivating all those small guilds who get destroyed in first week ? This is game mode where they can grow, become better. Winning few ...morale boost...getting more interested in game... won't happen this way.

As for the other part you say, it can be fixed easy too. Win multiplier should only apply to VP, not RP. (Points needed to claim rewards obviously would get scalled down ) Doing this , all the frustration will fade away. Who care for leaderboard will get fair and interesting fight. Who care for rewards, would get them anyway, even if they lose a lot.
    Maybe should consider adding one "final" week for all the guilds who played "better" and ended up in gold ranks, give them two more matches so they can win some more RPs
    PasteManselleRickMSADeathwish19psychwolf
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 341
    Most guilds know they don't have a chance to stand up to you and other top guilds, and care about the rewards more. By climbing the tiers they get tougher matches, which means their win rate goes down. If this just sticks with us nearly everyone will end up at an average of 50% wins regardless of their skill level, so it needs to be reset in some way. Maybe not back to 0 though.
    Karajoca said:

Why demotivating all those small guilds who get destroyed in first week ? This is game mode where they can grow, become better. Winning few ...morale boost...getting more interested in game... won't happen this way.

I agree this is a negative outcome of the current system. I think it's as "fair" as any other system partially based on luck though, and it should only happen early season. By matching against you and losing, they will be unlikely to get another match with a top guild.
    Karajoca said:

As for the other part you say, it can be fixed easy too. Win multiplier should only apply to VP, not RP. (Points needed to claim rewards obviously would get scalled down ) Doing this , all the frustration will fade away. Who care for leaderboard will get fair and interesting fight. Who care for rewards, would get them anyway, even if they lose a lot.
    Maybe should consider adding one "final" week for all the guilds who played "better" and ended up in gold ranks, give them two more matches so they can win some more RPs

That's a pragmatic solution. Maybe create a thread for it? I really like it, but I would like to hear others opinion on it.
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 122
    It's easy enough to add a 3rd criteria and still reset tiers.

Just sort the guilds first by Tier, then number of participants, and lastly by number of challenge stars the guild gained last week. Then the 1st and 2nd guild on the list play each other, 3rd plays with 4th etc.

If we don't want to involve other game modes in this, then use the raw number of VPs as the 3rd criteria should also work well.
  • TheKingTheKing Member Posts: 84
    > @Karajoca said:
    > Why demotivating all those small guilds who get destroyed in first week ? This is game mode where they can grow, become better. Winning few ...morale boost...getting more interested in game... won't happen this way.

Exactly!

We got nice match again ๐Ÿ˜” Mavericks

Iโ€™m totally disappointed โ˜น๏ธ .
  • BlackFBlackF Member Posts: 11
    @Karajoca as if you guys would have any chance against us. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜…โœŒ๐Ÿป
    But Yeah, totally agree with you. Our 2 first matches were against guilds not reaching 4k points. That's not what GW is supposed to be.
    aquilaPic
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 554
    edited May 17
    I like @ATLAS-Z idea.
    you cant always be the best. You have to get better at the game. It's not easy betting at hi rsl. Would be weird to have a championship with let's say wild walking vs a guild with level 20 characters. I dont feel like writing a book so I will stop at that
    mack22SilverhawkManselleDeathwish19ATLAS-Z
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 202
    I disagree with Atlas-Z idea because why should some guilds get extra rewards over all the other guilds just because they happen to team up with people who are top players. And why should the "playoffs" be limited to only those teams who did well in GW? This is an idea that will turn away more people from the game than it will bring in.
    TWDaddictionATLAS-ZTCBRITOrogueDSCaptainslayerTheKing
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,821
    Mmmmm I was going to suggest the winning guild gets a Golden hand grenade that does 32% damage to walkers.

But yeah, I guess that would be unfair. Best rethink my pitch.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    romeo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,821
    Ok I got it!

In news feed a banner advertising the big matchup!

Right there, you can vote and choose your side. Essentially declaring who you're rooting for to win.

If your chosen team wins, you get reward X. Same reward granted to the Victor guild basically shared with everyone in the community who chose them!

Losing side and community can get a lesser but decent consolation prize.

I think it would be fun. And the winning team would feel even better that they earned a reward for their supporters.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    PicromeoxbamfxRohlikzauchem
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,011
    @ATLAS-Z i really like that idea! Pretty unique and awesome!
    ATLAS-Zromeoxbamfx
  • HershalHershal Member Posts: 15
    Maybe for now until its settled lower guilds stick to less than 10 in a battle. Stronger guilds are more than likely going to fill their roster, so less chance to be overmatched. Just a temporary suggestion.
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 554
    Shhhhhhh
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,169
    @Karajoca be careful what you wish for, the storm is coming ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿฅƒ
    KarajocaPicDrhoo