Challenge vs Guild Wars, what if...

Call me crazy, but what if we alternated weeks?

Challenge for 7 days straight, then 7 day break

Then ...

Guild Wars for 7 days straight, then 7 day break

You could increase guild war #battles and #attacks then with no fuss from elites. Player burn out would drop dramatically I think

I don't know if this is realistic but I do know that as much as I like the current Guild Wars format, I think right now everything at once is a bit too much.

Just brainstorming food for thought...

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
CronusJordanYukicapibaraToonyPigBenisKyrusGalexJankelromeoADPaqSCBMA

Comments

• ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 526
    Not everyone plays GW and to be honest i prefer the challenges
    Wild Walking 1
    TCBRITOGradyPigBenisromeo
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,254
    Cool! I was thinking the same last week when we started again with GW! 🙂
    Too much work having both every week.
    ... I was thinking into 1 week Challenge and 1 week GW... eventually with 3 matches instead of 2 ..so 6 days of GW and we will be free to play Challenge the following week without being bothered by healing times ...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    KarajocaToonypsychwolfATLAS-ZJankelKyrus
  • ToonyToony Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 25
    No thank you.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,069
    edited May 19
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > The challenge is already long enough as it is at 5 days, I think if it was changed I would hit my limit at the usual time Sunday/Monday and then basically have nothing to play.
    >
    > 18 battles x2 for GW is barely anything so personally I think it's fine as is.

@WellyLuga you could just pace yourself and do what you do now just more time to do it in.

Maybe it's just me, juggling all the guilds, plus two accounts...

x2 challenge, x4 guild war battles, x2 spring event, x4 distance resets plus planning/organize all the teams.

Plus players needing more feedback than ever due to the pace. And tools. And.... Gah.

It's a lot... I managed fine before this latest GW Beta#3. Now it feels like I'm struggling to keep up.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,445
    ATLAS-Z said:

> @WellyLuga said:

> The challenge is already long enough as it is at 5 days, I think if it was changed I would hit my limit at the usual time Sunday/Monday and then basically have nothing to play.

>

> 18 battles x2 for GW is barely anything so personally I think it's fine as is.

@WellyLuga you could just pace yourself and do what you do now just more time to do it in.

Maybe it's just me, juggling all the guilds, plus two accounts...

x2 challenge, x4 guild war battles, x2 spring event, plus planning/organize all the teams.

Plus players needing more feedback than ever due to the pace. And tools. And.... Gah.

It's a lot... I managed fine before this latest GW Beta#3. Now it feels like I'm struggling to keep up.

I lack the self restraint to pace myself :lol:. Even when I don't buy a booster it isn't too difficult to reach my limit due to the changes they made with gas of late.

Even with spreading it out better I would miss having the challenge to play the 2nd week unless they really ramped up the amount of play time with GW. I think the 2nd account and guild commitments might be contributing to your burn out more than the challenge/GW. I gave up my 2nd account for those reasons!
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > (Quote)
    I think the 2nd account and guild commitments might be contributing to your burn out more than the challenge/GW. I gave up my 2nd account for those reasons!

Yeah not really an option right now.

And I'm not burn out, just can't keep up.

I don't think Junior will be getting a hunters bow haha :smiley:

Something's gotta give.

WellyLuga
  • maku11maku11 Member Posts: 60
    Two players in my guild quit the game because they got tired of two distances, Guild wars, and challenge every week. And they are players earn over 2200 stars in the challenge.
    Some of the top guilds in my country have had some players retire for similar reasons too.
    Something needs to be done about it.
    KarajocaRiotZappa
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 486
    Honestly, I can score 2500 in any given week no problem. And it’s weighing on me too. Distance is a chore at this point. Other then the events having to reset, I haven’t even been doing the distance.

Challenge is annoying at a certain point and GW, working as a team is the only thing keeping me in this game.
    3vilrineZette
    I don't see how anyone could like the challenge "better" than guild wars TBH. But I guess comprehension isn't required. Is what it is.

I mean it's not like GWs makes my pants get tighter, but it's a much more interactive teamwork game mode.

But I guess I could see the draw of a collection of lone wolves grinding the same six missions over and over again for five days.

:-/

KarajocaromeoADPaq
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,037
    7 day break is a bad idea, already Tuesday is a dull day having nothing to do on nml.
    I'm pretty happy as is, challenge I play as much as I can Wednesday to Friday then spend the weekend doing the hardest missions.
    GW is much improved with less attacks, it doesn't take as much of your day to use them up. I still think gw injuries should be separate though.
    GovernatorJankelromeo
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 211
    edited May 20
    Challenge is overplayed mode with same maps repeating, and wouldn't hurt having it every other week. Amount of people who "had enough" and quitting because they can't play both challenge and GW at same week is increasing, (Distance repeats not helping the case either)

This is probably hard to understand only to people who are not much into GW and just spend their attack in half hour. When i play the battle, that's only thing i can focus on for whole day...

But yeah i know this what @ATLAS-Z proposed won't be possible... Still, maybe some "small touch" as Challenge starting 1 day earlier can give more room to players to choose when they want to play.

Other solution is separating healing from GW and challenges.

And 3rd option is spreading War duration through 2 weeks like before which bring back problem of moving between guilds though.
    ATLAS-Zpsychwolf
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,124
    How about no sloth meme
    GovernatorDanski_46
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 137
    The mortal kombo 😀 is Challenge plus GW plus Distance x 2. I prefer to alternate the event with the GW.
    Yeah I think the x2 distance (x4 for me) is the straw that broke this camel's back.

I know it's optional, but for active players... Is it really? Lol

RiotZappa
  • RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 68
    (In my guild) it's distance most people have a problem with I totally agree

Most of my teammates don't even do it weekly but then they're forced to do it 7 times in 4 weeks if they want to hit 3000 tokens.

Wouldn’t be as bad if The Distance wasn’t so ridiculously boring.
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 207
    I think I actually prefer the Distance due to better rewards and the “when you die, your dead” concept results in unique strategy.
    JankelToony
    Seems like majority is fine with the pace. I was just venting some thoughts.

I'll adapt. Always do.

TWDaddiction
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 208
    Am I the only one that thinks it's crazy that people are talking about burning out playing game modes that are all optional.. If you don't like something, don't play it. It's that simple. What you are proposing is to take game play away from millions of people who are not on this forum and not competitive at the high level because you're burned out trying to do everything. That is insane!
    TWDaddictionKarajocaATLAS-ZKyrusPicADPaqSCBMAShadowWalker
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,060
    Competition..
  • TireaTirea Member Posts: 44
    Run everything at 14 days intervalls. Distance(with 1-2 possible resets), Challenge and Guild Wars (with 6 battles, make 1 battle last 46h).
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,553
    @Marcus6253 It’s not a choice though if you want the bow. You have to reset distance 3 times. Again you can choose not to play GW but why would you it’s actually fun and the rewards are a nice bonus. As for challenge, once Distance is done and you’ve done your guild wars battles what else is there to do buy repeat the 6 maps over and over again.
    I enjoy the game I really do and I’m not too burnt out by it all but the distance is a bloody chore at the best of times, point and shoot 21 maps for the same rewards and mainly rubbish hero’s for 1 legendary component! Something needs to change in that respect. More challenge sets would be great too to stop the feeling of Groundhog Day. Also reduce healing times so I can actually play without breaking the bank.
    KarajocaATLAS-Z