Would you support this version of Guild Wars? (No healing / Mission progress saved / Limited tools)

GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 284
1) No healing. Guild Wars happens in an alternate reality the same way Distance does.

2) Progress is saved on maps that are lost, so that you (or another team member) can retry the map with a head-start. (The same way Distance works).

3) Tool use is maxed per player per battle. Either these tools are provided to everyone at the start of the battle, or players have to earn the tools during other game modes throughout the week.
CrocodileBurmeliinisDrhoo3vilrineATLAS-ZSlize

Comments

• GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 284
    4) Maybe instead of giving each player X attacks, let each player complete a maximum of X maps regardless of how many attacks it takes? This would create some interesting tactics. A player would be able to play until completing the max # of maps or until they run out of survivors. (Again, similar to Distance.)
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 203
    I like where @Grendel is going with this. As long as it isn't gold pay to win for gw.

Give players 1 grenade and 1 medkit for free to use during gw. They never leave gw. It's promotion for outside of gw like challenge. Alternate universe ftw.
  • KriegKrieg Member Posts: 264
    Love the concept @Grendel

However, the concept of the finger NEVER going through the toilet paper needs to be perfected before advanced wiping techniques are developed & introduced.......
    Elder LegionOfDoom
    TJCartDanski_46huskersoxfan
  • MrChrisMrChris Member Posts: 175
    Grendel said:

1) No healing. Guild Wars happens in an alternate reality the same way Distance does.

2) Progress is saved on maps that are lost, so that you (or another team member) can retry the map with a head-start. (The same way Distance works).

3) Tool use is maxed per player per battle. Either these tools are provided to everyone at the start of the battle, or players have to earn the tools during other game modes throughout the week.

1) This would make it almost impossible to reach lot of high lvl missions. For me it's impossible to do 40+ lvl maps with different heroes than combination of Eugene+Morgan or RGG+SRick or Michonne. I know it's possible to do higher lvls with combination Sasha + Eugene + assault, but not enough skill and items yet :P
    Instead I'd suggest max healing. After all battle all your hero come back to full HP. Since this option is unreal, it would be ok to have half hospitalization time on GW.

2) Like this one.
    3) Doubt it very much that NG will provide free tools for every battle. Limit of one tool per battle from your own supplies, that's a real option.
    Husaria guild member.
    Line ID mrChris1990.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,910
    At casual glance, I say no. Sorry G

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,495
    Too much coding required from NG. It's been years and GW is still in Beta. To totally change the game mechanic now would extend that even longer. GW in its current form is fine (not great, but fine), and I think easy tweaks can be made at the margin to things like match-making, healing times, etc. to make the experience better.
    ATLAS-Zromeo
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 573
    As a though experiment I like it. This would be such a different game mode that I don't think NG realistically could implement it. At the moment I pretty much play only with the same 3 guys, which does get a bit boring. This setup would force you to use a more wide variety of teams, but of course this again has the issue that the high level GW maps (except kill all missions) all are relying on stunning, so this would also need a total reworking of the maps, too.
    Ingame username: Jubjab

As a though experiment I like it. This would be such a different game mode that I don't think NG realistically could implement it. At the moment I pretty much play only with the same 3 guys, which does get a bit boring. This setup would force you to use a more wide variety of teams, but of course this again has the issue that the high level GW maps (except kill all missions) all are relying on stunning, so this would also need a total reworking of the maps, too.

This really was just a random thought that seemed worth sharing. I agree it is so different that it has little chance of being implemented - especially since it takes away practically all the revenue GW generates for NG.

Regarding high-level maps, I see it all as being relative. If no one can do the highest-level maps, then it all evens out.

My favorite part of the idea is that progress is saved on missions. (It already works this way on PvP.) A player who could never beat a high-level map in 1 attack, may be able to take it down in 2 attacks and complete the area. This would help prevent roadblocks created by seemingly impossible maps.
    JayZ said:

Too much coding required from NG. It's been years and GW is still in Beta. To totally change the game mechanic now would extend that even longer. GW in its current form is fine (not great, but fine), and I think easy tweaks can be made at the margin to things like match-making, healing times, etc. to make the experience better.

I agree with everything you said except that the current form is fine. Maybe it's just me, but it's already getting old. Within a few months it's going to be tough to keep playing.

I liked the time push of the old format, but I know that will never come back. I guess I'm trying too hard to push this in a direction that will keep me interested in the game for another year. As it is, I'm hanging by a thread.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,384
    I think NG is done recoding. They want to make it profitable asap.

It's ruining the game, unfortunately.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • SilverhawkSilverhawk Member Posts: 745
    Only thing I'd like to see changed in relation to Distance is health. Not necessarily similar to Distance, but separate from other missions. Which I think the majority of players have already asked for. Especially when you have Season events and Challenges and GW running simultaneously.

Which is something else, I'd like to see changed..... Either GW..... OR Seasonal Campaign. And back to 4 Seasonal campaigns like the actual seasons in a year..... Not 6..... Greed much.....?

And tools, are garbage. Should be thrown in the bin. My survivors are doing less damage and taking more damage since this update, and I'm having more difficulty playing the same levels as before. I assume this is to "give incentive" to buy and use these tools to reach the same levels as before and reach newer heights, but to me that's horseshit. You don't push me backwards and expect me to pay you to make up that lost ground..... What kind of warped mentality is that?