[Ideas] Market.

z3tkaz3tka Member Posts: 84
edited May 2020 in Suggestions & Ideas
Hi guys,

I am not sure if there was a discussion about it.

What would you say if there was a "Market" in the game, where players could buy equipment, badge or simply exchange items from other players?

Game developers could also "benefit" from this. For example, each operation would be taxed with a certain amount of gold.

What do you think? Under what conditions would it have to work so as not to compromise the game's balance? Any comments and ideas are welcome.

Maybe @Fluxxx could comment.

Best regards, z3tka

COFFEE SAINTS & COFFEE ACADEMY family

:: Contact: LineID: cf_z3tka
:: Guild YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC6rdCVjpquKZiriYL-fBBg
:: Are you looking for an active guild? Check this: LINK

:: Coffee Saints :: Challenge min 750 :: Guild Wars participation - required, min 350-450.
:: Coffee Academy :: Challenge min 250 :: Guild Wars participation - not required, min 150-350.

Comments

• NovellNovell Member Posts: 294
    I like the idea!
    But there will always the same stuff reqested (DR Badges, unicorn weapon and armor, etc.) Everyone WTB but no one WTS. So a market for badges and equipment will one-sided.

A market for TG, tomatos and XP, reroll tokens and reinforcment tokens can work.
    Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,083
    Moved to Suggestions and Ideas.

Anyways, it's a cool idea for sure, but unfortunately it's unlikely that we'd pursue this. One main reason is something that I've brought up before, we prioritize decisions based on the impact and the amount of work needed from the team so we can fit in a good amount of features and changes. With that said, a Market would be a tremendous amount of code, UI, economy design and considerations, etc, as well as quite a chunk of additional server load as it would be a social based feature where prices update, items are "uploaded" and "downloaded", so overall it also bears a lot of risks, especially alongside GW which is already server intensive.
    I don't mean to shoot down your idea of course, it's just that the implementation of it wouldn't be very feasible for us 😅

• z3tkaz3tka Member Posts: 84
    @Novell - you are right, TG, tomatos and XP, reroll tokens and reinforcment tokens sounds good.
    Thanks for your statement @Fluxxx . I understand the problem. Btw. Please delete 2nd topic (its doubled).

COFFEE SAINTS & COFFEE ACADEMY family

:: Contact: LineID: cf_z3tka
    :: Guild YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC6rdCVjpquKZiriYL-fBBg
    :: Are you looking for an active guild? Check this: LINK

:: Coffee Saints :: Challenge min 750 :: Guild Wars participation - required, min 350-450.
    :: Coffee Academy :: Challenge min 250 :: Guild Wars participation - not required, min 150-350.