Deadly spike/Hunting bow traits

Comments

• MoreCowBellMoreCowBell Member Posts: 20
    Just charging on the spike as above. Switch destructive and high powered on the bow.

Who really uses shooters anyways? It's all a moot point. We all know that once we hit a certain level we are going back to the same 4 or 5 heroes everytime. If these weapons don't greatly improve what we already have for the scout class, then it's a meaningless discussion. Any single enemy scout weapon is a bummer. And shooters are capped regardless of traits of the weapon they are using.

There's always that one mission in challenges where shooters are viable at high lvl. Last week it was 50 MM Alexandria Nights. For GW Tara and two bruisers are always usable.

I love me some HDD prowling action, but what got me to the next level is Sasha with Assaults/Bruisers.

With the introduction of Medkits and Grenades, every class is on the table.
    aquila
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,071
    edited May 2020
    Just charging on the spike as above. Switch destructive and high powered on the bow.
    @MoreCowBell I originally thought as you do but I've changed my mind for one simple reason.

The the reduced damage from crit on the charging set up is slightly less this is true but the advantage is much higher specifically because the weapons primary function relates to its charge attack. you're going to want to get as many charge attacks as possible.

The typical setup of piercing and gold destructive is the best for damage and typically unicorn... But in this one case I think charging would be the better choice. The trade-off in this case is worth it

I got a fever... And the only cure is more charging trait!

#Zombrex (Neo / Rising / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

WellyLugaJordanYukiMoreCowBellFLOPSY
    ATLAS-Z said:

@MoreCowBell I originally thought as you do but I've changed my mind for one simple reason.

The the reduced damage from crit on the charging set up is slightly less this is true but the advantage is much higher specifically because the weapons primary function relates to its charge attack. you're going to want to get as many charge attacks as possible.

The typical setup of piercing and gold destructive is the best for damage and typically unicorn... But in this one case I think charging would be the better choice. The trade-off in this case is worth it

I got a fever... And the only cure is more charging trait!

With Rick's LT, you'll be rolling in charge attacks babies!! I gotta have more destructive :smiley:
    aquilaATLAS-Z
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,960
    Change both. Spike - silver destructive, gold charging/razor. Bow - High powered, charging, piercing.
    This goes live tomorrow/today depending on time zones. Can we close the poll? @Fluxxx. Result seems to be in!
    davidanimus02
    I'm sitting here today, last day of the challenge and thinking, even if we got these perfect and free and fully upgraded... would I use either of them right now?

No probably not.

Both need that damage buff increase. At least then motivation to reset will turn up a notch.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

edited May 2020
    And @Fluxxx when the votes are tallied, if it matters, myself and 5 guys from my team voted blue but changed our mind. We want option #1 (red)

So can you do the +/- thing? Thanks.

That's a 12 point swing.

I'll see if I can get them all to swing by here.

Our page :

romeo
  • onesoulonesoul Member Posts: 95
    Can i change my vote to option 1? @Fluxxx
    Originally voted blue
    romeo
  • WVRICKWVRICK Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2020
    I voted blue but think Red is a better option . Sorry @Fluxxx
    romeo
    There are 12 people i know of that voted red. They told me they wanted to switch to blue. I deleted the messages but i assure you they wanted to switch. If you can add that to the tally. That would be great. Thanks Fluxx
    JordanYukiromeodalmerTJCartShadowWalkeraquila
  • SlizeSlize Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2020
    Same here, voted option #2 but I would like to change on #1. Sorry and thank you ^^ @Fluxxx
  • KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 364
    I just came here to say that whenever i disagreed with @WellyLuga about this game he ended up being right sooner or later, so i would trust what he say :)

Anyway i am disappointed nobody give option to simply have both charging+destructive on this bow and remove high-powered completely. This is silent weapon, will be used alongside bruiser and shooters shot from safe distance anyway, you don't really need to put them 2 more spaces away

It is useful sometimes, i agree, but would be really cool to have ultimate charging-piercing-destructive bow with ability to reduce threat
    aquilaShadowWalker
    edited May 2020
    Change both. Spike - silver destructive, gold charging/razor. Bow - High powered, charging, piercing.
    Thank you everyone for voting, I'm sure we have given Fluxxx some information to work with! Due to the weakness of shooters I doubt I will use the hunter bow much other than at mid-level but it looks like most were in agreement about the spike which is a weapon I will use often with Rick as Daryl has his destructive knife! Charging should mean he gets some meaty damage numbers and get those all important charges quicker.

I am still hoping to see charging on the bow but I understand why the community has been so split on this but I think with the influx of people wishing to change their vote I think that one has won in the poll too.
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,081
    Thanks to everyone who voted :) Taking into consideration the ones who changed their mind here, we'll change the traits of both the weapons.
    Spike: Silver Destructive, and Gold Razor & Charging
    Bow: Silver High Powered, and Gold Piercing & Charging
    WellyLugaSlizePaste
    Thanks! @Fluxxx

ATLAS-ZromeoSCBMA
  • ArnoldasArnoldas Member Posts: 29
    For a bow charging vs destructive, destructive is way better. Losing a lot of when eliminated destructive trait. Shooter weapon should be like silver charging, gold destructive and gold piercing. For the scout weapon gold charging looks ok.
    MoreCowBell
    Now we just gotta work the system to get Piercing a fair shake and equal rights compared with Razor.

Our page :

KriegPaste
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 91
    Change the special function of the spike to swift strike. Replace the swift strike trait with threat reduction
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > Now we just gotta work the system to get Piercing a fair shake and equal rights compared with Razor.

And weaken harpoon in Sasha's hands??
    ATLAS-Z
  • BilldingerBilldinger Member Posts: 293
    Other
    Both weapons suck. No gold spent on resets here.
    Pastepsychwolf
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 845
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > I'm sitting here today, last day of the challenge and thinking, even if we got these perfect and free and fully upgraded... would I use either of them right now?
    >
    > No probably not.
    >
    > Both need that damage buff increase. At least then motivation to reset will turn up a notch.

I kept thinking that bow would've been great for Getting Burnt, and that one you run into the woods to loot the camp (I always forget mission names lol). But yeah a damage buff would be sweet too.
    > @ShadowWalker said:
    > > I kept thinking that bow would've been great for Getting Burnt, and that one you run (((into the woods))) to loot the camp (I always forget mission names lol). But yeah a damage buff would be sweet too.

You mean... Into the woods? Lol

Our page :

ShadowWalkerTJCartBurmeliinis
    @dalmer yes, 100% a side effect I can live with.

Our page :

dalmer
  • 012_man012_man Member Posts: 32
    Can someone tell me if the increased damage of the spike means it equals Daryl knife?
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,306
    edited June 2020
    Keep them as they are!
    The Spike weapon sucks. Its not any more powerful than the HD knife. It’s lower than it. Worked hard to get the tokens to be disappointed with it. I would think that since it’s traits show to be it would. What’s the point of it. It needs to have the increased power beyond the HD knife.

psychwolfKarajoca3vilrineromeo
    @avelardez How exactly did you work hard for it? Were there blood, sweat and tears? Or did you not just play the game as normal? :lol:
    ShadowWalker
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,914
    You worked hard @avelardez? 500 stars in challenge and doing the distance and dailies? Like you wouldn’t have done them anyway? It’s a free weapon given out to pretty much every player who plays daily. It has its place, it’s as good or better than any weapon you can find in crates. You want premium weapons you have to pay for them or hope they come up as a guild wars reward.
    I did beg for them to bump the base damage... But I'm guessing they don't want it to be better than Daryl's knife.

Our page :

romeo
  • SpikedSpiked Member Posts: 160
    Change the special function of the spike to swift strike. Replace the swift strike trait with threat reduction
    avelardez said:

The Spike weapon sucks. Its not any more powerful than the HD knife. It’s lower than it. Worked hard to get the tokens to be disappointed with it. I would think that since it’s traits show to be it would. What’s the point of it. It needs to have the increased power beyond the HD knife.

Of course it sucks. If it was a crate drop it’d be left on the bench every time but somehow +1 TR On charged attacjs was going to be the little thing that brings it over the edge? No way.

SS on a charged attack with the same traits as the new Daryl’s knife is way more intriguing to me. Run in, do your charged attack and a guaranteed move to safety, I can see that being helpful. But not this thing.
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 934
    I somehow thought the TR was on all kills (essentially gold TR as a fourth trait) but boy was I disappointed to see that it is only on charge attacks. I can't really see any reason why use this one over Daryl's knife or even the Pumpkin Carver.
    Ingame username: Jubjab