Deadly spike/Hunting bow traits

124»

Comments

• BilldingerBilldinger Member Posts: 263
    Other
    Still safely in the rewards screen not unlocked for me. Completely useless weapons in this campaign. No resets either.
    Paste
  • Mario_RomeroMario_Romero Member Posts: 199
    Change the special function of the spike to swift strike. Replace the swift strike trait with threat reduction
    Spiked said:

avelardez said:

The Spike weapon sucks. Its not any more powerful than the HD knife. It’s lower than it. Worked hard to get the tokens to be disappointed with it. I would think that since it’s traits show to be it would. What’s the point of it. It needs to have the increased power beyond the HD knife.

Of course it sucks. If it was a crate drop it’d be left on the bench every time but somehow +1 TR On charged attacjs was going to be the little thing that brings it over the edge? No way.

SS on a charged attack with the same traits as the new Daryl’s knife is way more intriguing to me. Run in, do your charged attack and a guaranteed move to safety, I can see that being helpful. But not this thing.
    Now if only people had voted for that option. But nooooo, people for some reason thought charging would be better. :po:)

As for the damage on the spike, the description in the announcement reads:

Deadly Spike (Scout Weapon)
    Special Functionality: If a charge attack kills an enemy, threat is reduced by 1
    Silencing Blow (Charge Attack): Guaranteed critical hit. Deals extra damage. If this attack kills an enemy, threat is reduced by 1

That is at the very least completely misleading as to the damage it does.

@Fluxxx ?
    romeopsychwolf
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 631
    Change both. Spike - silver destructive, gold charging/razor. Bow - High powered, charging, piercing.
    I liked the SS option, but I had my doubts about NG being able to do it. Beta, Alpha, and Daryl all had bugs with their abilities based on movement. I figured I should vote on something that I knew they could at least do, since they already had it planned to reduce threat. Maybe it could be a special function for a future weapon?

As for the "Deals Extra Damage," I believe that is the language used in the regular scout charge attack as well. So kind of misleading but I believe it's functioning as intended.
  • 012_man012_man Member Posts: 32

Spiked said:

avelardez said:

The Spike weapon sucks. Its not any more powerful than the HD knife. It’s lower than it. Worked hard to get the tokens to be disappointed with it. I would think that since it’s traits show to be it would. What’s the point of it. It needs to have the increased power beyond the HD knife.

Of course it sucks. If it was a crate drop it’d be left on the bench every time but somehow +1 TR On charged attacjs was going to be the little thing that brings it over the edge? No way.

SS on a charged attack with the same traits as the new Daryl’s knife is way more intriguing to me. Run in, do your charged attack and a guaranteed move to safety, I can see that being helpful. But not this thing.
    Now if only people had voted for that option. But nooooo, people for some reason thought charging would be better. :po:)

As for the damage on the spike, the description in the announcement reads:

Deadly Spike (Scout Weapon)
    Special Functionality: If a charge attack kills an enemy, threat is reduced by 1
    Silencing Blow (Charge Attack): Guaranteed critical hit. Deals extra damage. If this attack kills an enemy, threat is reduced by 1

That is at the very least completely misleading as to the damage it does.

@Fluxxx ?
    From the description I thought “deals extra damage” was the equivocate on Darrels “deals extra damage”. Agree that if it is just a regular 1-space weapon it will have limited use.
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 382
    I'm not thrilled with the knife. Every kill should reduce threat. After playing it, it's just meh.
    GovernatorATLAS-Z
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,261
    edited June 4
    Keep them as they are!
    > @WellyLuga said:
    > @avelardez How exactly did you work hard for it? Were there blood, sweat and tears? Or did you not just play the game as normal? :lol:

> @Firekid said:
    > You worked hard @avelardez? 500 stars in challenge and doing the distance and dailies? Like you wouldn’t have done them anyway? It’s a free weapon given out to pretty much every player who plays daily. It has its place, it’s as good or better than any weapon you can find in crates. You want premium weapons you have to pay for them or hope they come up as a guild wars reward.

Just having to play them lame daily quest missions is hard work to stay away from unnecessary boredom. The sheer agony of having to subject myself to playing a kill 25 with Shooter Merle and other novice daily quest to get 20 stinking tokens or repeating a distance and wasting 400 gold to reset the hard distance was just wasted game time.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,558
    Change both. Spike - silver destructive, gold charging/razor. Bow - High powered, charging, piercing.
    So it was actually mind numbingly easy work? Rather than hard work?
    ATLAS-Z
  • llammallamma Member Posts: 48
    edited June 5
    Don’t know if this has been said but special function of this hunting bow could be half movement after any attack then pick whatever 3 traits you want and you don’t need high powered. Similar to winter bows movement but after any attack.
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 210
    I’m giving the bow a solid chance this challenge. Scout Rick with a bowed shooter has potential. I used the spike as my 3rd scout weapon last challenge, but probably never again.
    Governator
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,067
    Other
    Both weapons became worthless without Gold Destructive. :neutral:
  • SpikedSpiked Member Posts: 150
    Change the special function of the spike to swift strike. Replace the swift strike trait with threat reduction
    Scrap heap
  • JordanYukiJordanYuki Member Posts: 142
    The hunting bow should of had TR (Silver), piercing and destructive (Gold) with high powered in it’s special functionality